Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Disappearing posts

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Disappearing posts

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon May 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Anyone noticed any posts disappearing in various threads? I noticed a few disappear from yesterday when i logged in late last night but put it down to the posters just removing them themselves. But, a thread also disappeared from the general forum that the poster says he didn't delete. I could't see any reason for it to be removed by admin.

So, i'm just wondering if admin know of any glitches occuring, or if other users have experienced anything?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Re: Disappearing posts

Postby welshben23 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Anyone noticed any posts disappearing in various threads? I noticed a few disappear from yesterday when i logged in late last night but put it down to the posters just removing them themselves. But, a thread also disappeared from the general forum that the poster says he didn't delete. I could't see any reason for it to be removed by admin.

So, i'm just wondering if admin know of any glitches occuring, or if other users have experienced anything?

Yes, I could've sworn that I posted something on the DVD/Blu-Ray thread yesterday morning. but when I logged back on last night it had gone. I thought it was me clicking off the website before hitting submit.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Oh, oh! Has FO caught the Facebook disease? That shit happens all the time to me on FB!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon May 10, 2010 4:41 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Anyone noticed any posts disappearing in various threads? I noticed a few disappear from yesterday when i logged in late last night but put it down to the posters just removing them themselves. But, a thread also disappeared from the general forum that the poster says he didn't delete. I could't see any reason for it to be removed by admin.

Yes, I could've sworn that I posted something on the DVD/Blu-Ray thread yesterday morning. but when I logged back on last night it had gone. I thought it was me clicking off the website before hitting submit.

Yes, yours is one that i definitely remember seeing - the reply to Lil's Christain Bale post?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

Yes, yours is one that i definitely remember seeing - the reply to Lil's Christain Bale post?

Yes, that's the one.
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 10, 2010 5:34 pm

I had this happen to me as well on the Doctor Who thread yesterday. I've checked the Mod Logs and nothing has been 'officially' deleted, so it looks like Stu could have a database issue of some description. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stu » Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks for raising the issue, as has already been said, nothing has been deleted by the Mods themselves.

I'm wondering whether it's related to maintainance work that went on over the weekend at my hosting company as they moved all the websites on one particular sever (which includes this one) to a new server, with next to no downtime, so I will see if any issues have been reported with regards to this.

Cheers

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon May 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Stu wrote:Thanks for raising the issue, as has already been said, nothing has been deleted by the Mods themselves.

I'm wondering whether it's related to maintainance work that went on over the weekend at my hosting company as they moved all the websites on one particular sever (which includes this one) to a new server, with next to no downtime, so I will see if any issues have been reported with regards to this.

Cheers

Stu

That's possibly it. A few posts in the narrow window between backup and switchover might have been casualties.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stu » Mon May 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Well I haven't found any reported issues, the migration started on May 8th at 8PM Eastern Standard time (about 3AM UK time), and finished May 9th at 3pm (about 8PM UK time), so it happened sometime between those times.

I think MC may be right, some posts being lost between the short amount of time of the databases being frozen ready to be copied and restored on the new server, so I can only apologise about that.

Regards

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Stratman » Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen instances of posts disappearing before the server move. And I swear I've received new posts messages only to find that there are no new posts.
Stratman

Postby Stu » Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 pm

OK that's good to be aware of Strat, thanks

I will see if there are any issues with the database itself, and keep a closer eye on it as well
Frasier Online Webmaster

Stu
Site Admin

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support