Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Forum Maintenance - 30th December 2009

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Forum Maintenance - 30th December 2009

Postby Stu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi

Just to let everyone know the forum will be taken down from around 8am UK time on 30th December for maintenance and an upgrade to the latest version.

Hopefully the downtime won't be too long, and won't inconvenience too many people

I'll post a list of any major changes here, if there are any, once everything's complete

Cheers

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Re: Forum Maintenance - 30th December 2009

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks for letting us know. As I'm barely out of bed by 8am, I probably won't be affected too much!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby jrsightes » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 pm

So that's 2am here. Damn. My peak posting time :P
jrsightes

Postby Stu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm

OK I've re-opened the forum after the minor forum upgrade

One of the new features should have been a quick reply box at the bottom of each thread, but despite enabling it and double checking my changes, I can't get it to appear currently, so I wil continue to look into it.

There is also a much improved Captcha system for newly registering users, which should help cut down more spam registrations, and a new RSS feed which I have currently set to be from all forums. How useful this is, I am not sure, but I'll see how it goes .

One by product seems to have been the re-alignment of the top header bar, at least for me in IE8 which has bugged me for some while, so an unexpected bonus I guess. :)

Any other probs / issues, report them here and I'll get them looked into
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Stu
Site Admin

Postby 5HR1NK » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Stu wrote:One by product seems to have been the re-alignment of the top header bar, at least for me in IE8 which has bugged me for some while, so an unexpected bonus I guess. :)

I don't know if it's just me, but Firefox has the top bar (Home/About the Show/Episode Guide...) slighty out of alignment.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby Stu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Ahh, you're right, it's fine in IE8 now, but still out of alignment on my copy of Firefox, so still to be completely fixed
Frasier Online Webmaster

Stu
Site Admin

Postby jrsightes » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:43 pm

It's misaligned in Safari, too.
jrsightes

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support