Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Guess the Avatar

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Guess the Avatar

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Simple - just guess who or what is in the avatar of the person above.

Of course, some people have obvious avatars so if anyone wants to join in, they can of course change their avatar (only briefly, if they feel like it) to something/someone less obvious.

So, as a start, guess who is in my avatar.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Re: Guess the Avatar

Postby jrsightes » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 am

I don't know, but I've been wondering for a long time, because it's an interesting picture. It looks like someone in the mid- to late-1950s.
jrsightes

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 am

One of the Gibb's?
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 am

Stratman wrote:One of the Gibb's?

hehe, that would have been my wild stab in the dark.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Wrong Strat, wrong MC. It's not one of them.

I'm actually not quite sure what year the picture is from but I think it is from the late 1940s or early 1950s.

I'll give a clue: he's a literary figure.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:20 pm

JD Salinger?
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Stratman wrote:JD Salinger?

No - okay, another clue. He's a poet.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Karin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Allen Ginsberg?
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Karin wrote:Allen Ginsberg?

Correct, Karin. :)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Karin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Ok. Well, my avatar is pretty obvious. :) So, if anyone else wants to have a turn...
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Ummm...........yeah. So's mine!

I'm pretty sure Karin's and mine are from the first (his first) and last seasons of Cheers.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:50 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ummm...........yeah. So's mine!

I'm pretty sure Karin's and mine are from the first (his first) and last seasons of Cheers.

Yours is from S11, "The Girl in the Plastic Bubble." I was watching that episode a couple weeks ago, and it came to that scene, and I said "whoa, that's CatNamedRudy's avatar!"
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:55 pm

jrsightes wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Ummm...........yeah. So's mine!

Yours is from S11, "The Girl in the Plastic Bubble." I was watching that episode a couple weeks ago, and it came to that scene, and I said "whoa, that's CatNamedRudy's avatar!"

Yep. It's one my favorite Cheers episodes.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dubdave » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Karin wrote:Allen Ginsberg?

Correct, Karin. :)

Looks like a young Jeff Goldblum to me!

Dave
Dubdave

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Dubdave wrote:Looks like a young Jeff Goldblum to me!

It's definitely Allen Ginsberg. :wink: Ever read his poetry? Howl is a famous one.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Testing, testing, testing....

:D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Some British cartoon fairy godmother? :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:07 am

Speaking of avatars, I've been wondering---is my avatar smaller than everyone else's or is that just the way it appears to me?

When I try to upload an avatar, it tells me it can't be bigger than 100 X 100 pixels, and that's how big mine is. It's damn near impossible to find images that size, and it's a pain-in-the-ass to resize them.
jrsightes

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:00 am

jrsightes wrote:Speaking of avatars, I've been wondering---is my avatar smaller than everyone else's or is that just the way it appears to me?

When I try to upload an avatar, it tells me it can't be bigger than 100 X 100 pixels, and that's how big mine is. It's damn near impossible to find images that size, and it's a pain-in-the-ass to resize them.

Yours looks about 40x40 to me. What file format was it originally in? I'm happy to resize any pics for you if it would help - just send me a link to the full size one and I'll send you a 100x100 back if you like. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Some British cartoon fairy godmother? :lol:

:lol: Kind of. Yeah, British, so I wouldn't have thought you'd have been able to guess. In fact, the only people that might know are Brits with young kids, so unless BS is reading this, no one will get it. I didn't really expect anyone to - I just wanted to make a post to see how it looked. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby jrsightes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
jrsightes wrote:Speaking of avatars, I've been wondering---is my avatar smaller than everyone else's or is that just the way it appears to me?

Yours looks about 40x40 to me. What file format was it originally in? I'm happy to resize any pics for you if it would help - just send me a link to the full size one and I'll send you a 100x100 back if you like. :)

I may take you up on that offer. Are you and I facebook friends? My avatar is my facebook profile pic.

Here is the original picture.
jrsightes

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 am

jrsightes wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

I may take you up on that offer. Are you and I facebook friends? My avatar is my facebook profile pic.

DG is right. Image properties says your current avatar is 43x44. Seeing as DG has already offered i'll leave her to sort it for you.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby jrsightes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:26 am

That's so weird. On the user control panel, it says the pic is 100 X 100. Grrr...
jrsightes

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:35 pm

jrsightes wrote:I may take you up on that offer. Are you and I facebook friends? My avatar is my facebook profile pic.

Sorry, only just found this. I'm not on FB at the moment.

Here we go:

Looks much better bigger!
Dorset Girl

Postby jrsightes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Thank you!
jrsightes

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes