Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Roz or Daphne?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

whom do you prefer Roz or Daphne?

Roz
55%
Daphne
45%

Total votes : 89

Re: Roz or Daphne?

Postby jrsightes » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Natla wrote:
Quantum wrote:Roz.
Took me ages to like her and now I find her as sexy as hell.

Ditto. Daphne was the first character I remembered from the show when I started watching it (I remember thinking it was really cool that they had an English person that didn't sound like the Queen) so I think she became my favourite by default, but now that I'm a fan of the show I find Roz more enduring.

However, Lilith > Roz and Daphne together, at least in terms of being sexy as hell. :p

I do find Lilith strangely appealing, but I have to agree with Niles. I think Daphne is the perfect woman. She's warm and nurturing, yet she can hold her own against any man. Not to mention, she's gorgeous.

Roz's promiscuity is a big turn-off for me, and I can't stand her voice or her accent. She sounds like she's from southern Indiana, not Wisconsin.
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:31 pm

jrsightes wrote:
Natla wrote:

Ditto. Daphne was the first character I remembered from the show when I started watching it (I remember thinking it was really cool that they had an English person that didn't sound like the Queen) so I think she became my favourite by default, but now that I'm a fan of the show I find Roz more enduring.

However, Lilith > Roz and Daphne together, at least in terms of being sexy as hell. :p

I do find Lilith strangely appealing, but I have to agree with Niles. I think Daphne is the perfect woman. She's warm and nurturing, yet she can hold her own against any man. Not to mention, she's gorgeous.

Roz's promiscuity is a big turn-off for me, and I can't stand her voice or her accent. She sounds like she's from southern Indiana, not Wisconsin.

The accent doesn't bother me because I've never heard anyone outside of Wisconsin do a true Wisconsin accent but Peri is from Texas so her southern comes out every one in a while just slightly and you're right, it does make her sound like she from southern Indiana.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
The accent doesn't bother me because I've never heard anyone outside of Wisconsin do a true Wisconsin accent but Peri is from Texas so her southern comes out every one in a while just slightly and you're right, it does make her sound like she from southern Indiana.

I think she could have at least attempted a Wisconsin accent. Jane Leeves changed her accent a bit for the show. But, I suppose it wasn't until later that they came up with the Wisconsin storyline for Roz. I can't remember in which episode it was first mentioned.
jrsightes

Postby Dubdave » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 pm

No contest – if Roz had left the show I couldn’t have cared less; and she rarely if ever had any significant effect on the story-lines.

I’m a fully paid up member of the “Daphne-is-a-Goddess” club.

But if it was Daphne versus Lilith then the choosing thought process would have been a lot more interesting!

Dave
Dubdave

Postby jrsightes » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 am

Anyone who doubts Lilith's sex appeal, watch this clip at 3:10.

Oh, baby! :love10:
jrsightes

Postby seledoux » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:41 pm

jrsightes wrote:
Natla wrote:

I agree; I don't mind that she was a footloose single woman but it seems like they played the slut card SO HARD. It was like if they couldn't think of anything else to do, let's throw a boyfriend to Roz or comment on her promiscuity.

I actually think it would have been more clever for Niles and Frasier to razz her about it if it wasn't so blatant, you know? Like pretend she had a "normal" sex life, but since Niles and Fras were so sexually stilted they made a big deal over nothing.
I might venture a theory at which you are sure to hoot.
seledoux

Postby genesisfan78 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Daphne for me.

My little cousin's name is Daphne, and it is absolutely based on her. I always thought the name was great, but with my husband's name (Pelletier), it never sounded right. So when my aunt and my uncle went and adopted their first kid, I was totally into Frasier, and suggested they name her Daphne (with an accent on the "e" in French).

Physically, she is as far as possible from Daphne Moon (she's Haitian, black, speaks French and is a little chubby), but I hope one day she grows up to be as intelligent, as warm, as caring and as loving as Daphne is. It was a choice based on what I hoped she would become.

She's 10 now (she was adopted in 99) and is a very great yound lady. I'm not sure she'll ever be everything that Daphne is, but still, she is great.

I can't wait for the day she asks me why I chose that particular character to choose her name.

Miss Ge
genesisfan78

Postby seledoux » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:31 pm

What a great story!
I might venture a theory at which you are sure to hoot.
seledoux

Postby Quantum » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:04 am

Still Roz,then.
What do you mean it's Monday?
Quantum

Postby leduc1961 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 am

I think Roz.
I could see a night out with Roz would be more fun than with Daphne.
leduc1961

Postby Lil » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 pm

leduc1961 wrote:I think Roz.

Unless Daphne has a lot of booze and a bullhorn - then you're guaranteed a good time!
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Lil wrote:
leduc1961 wrote:I think Roz.

Unless Daphne has a lot of booze and a bullhorn - then you're guaranteed a good time!

I had a lovely time Pitbull! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby klippan15 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:58 pm

It is Roz for me.
A very naughty girl!
:D
klippan15

Postby moon-struck » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 am

Definetly daphne.
I kind of hate dating and don't like to have alot of casual sex, and hearing about all the time from Roz would get annoying..im not a prude or anything but Im more like daphne, I like to sleep with a guy when you actually feel a connection and you know theyre not just totally using you for the night. Also, i think daphne's prettier and has better style.
Anyways, i would love to be able to go have coffee with daphne and shop and bake things together, and especially have movie nights with popcorn and wine at home with a bunch of girls. Like in that one episode, where they get frasier to get out of the house haha!
moon-struck

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes