Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 am

Thought you were waiting? :D There's another season available, by the way.
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 am

Paul B wrote:Chuck - season 2

No way I'm waiting till October for the DVD!

Pulled that one down myself. Also downloaded This American Life The Complete Series (thus far).
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:46 am

Paul B wrote:Thought you were waiting? :D There's another season available, by the way.

I probably will to be honest. I tend to download things then watch them 6 months later! :lol: To be honest, it just seems a waste to have my computer sat idle when it could be downloading something - especially something as large as a complete set of Lost (I'll d/l S5 separately, thanks for the heads up).
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:28 am

Currently downloading...

Lost (Seasons 1-5)
Battlestar Galactica (Complete Series)
Burn Notice (Seasons 1 + 2)
The Shield (Complete Series - replacing the shite copies I currently have)

That little lot comes to a grand total of 100GB. I'm having a bet with myself whether they'll have finished by Christmas or not...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Downloaded the Windows 7 RC today. Easy to set-up and so far I'm really impressed. It has a much nicer and more slick interface, and it already seems faster than Vista.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Paul B wrote:Downloaded the Windows 7 RC today. Easy to set-up and so far I'm really impressed. It has a much nicer and more slick interface, and it already seems faster than Vista.

So far I've heard good things about Windows 7. Which is more than I can say I heard about Vista. Although I really don't mind Vista all that much.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:57 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Paul B wrote:Downloaded the Windows 7 RC today. Easy to set-up and so far I'm really impressed. It has a much nicer and more slick interface, and it already seems faster than Vista.

So far I've heard good things about Windows 7. Which is more than I can say I heard about Vista. Although I really don't mind Vista all that much.

No, I didn't mind Vista either. I just saw the prettiness of Windows 7 and had to have it rightaway. :D
Paul B

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Cheers S06 :P
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby Stratman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Paul B wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

No, I didn't mind Vista either. I just saw the prettiness of Windows 7 and had to have it rightaway. :D

Must get that.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:23 am

Currently downloading Damages after reading an old thread on here where someone raved about it.

I'm in the market for some more top quality TV shows - anyone got any suggestions?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:56 am

Paul, how's Windows 7 holding up for you? I've had people telling me it's slipping back into a Vista-esque slow old dog after 5 or 6 weeks - even when you add bugger all to the system.

I've been running the Ubuntu OS on dual-boot recently and it's a lovely setup. I wish some of the Adobe suite were built to run on it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Currently downloading Damages after reading an old thread on here where someone raved about it.

I'm in the market for some more top quality TV shows - anyone got any suggestions?

Lost!

(I originally typed 'Get Lost', but I realised that could be interpreted differently. :lol: )
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Paul B » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

Paul, how's Windows 7 holding up for you? I've had people telling me it's slipping back into a Vista-esque slow old dog after 5 or 6 weeks - even when you add bugger all to the system.

I've been running the Ubuntu OS on dual-boot recently and it's a lovely setup. I wish some of the Adobe suite were built to run on it.

It's still running no problem for me, definitely better than Vista. I kind of backed myself into a corner though, I'm not actually sure if I can go back to Vista (as I didn't install 7 on a separate partition) and I'm still using the Release Candidate version, which expires around March next year.
Paul B

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Paul B wrote:It's still running no problem for me, definitely better than Vista. I kind of backed myself into a corner though, I'm not actually sure if I can go back to Vista (as I didn't install 7 on a separate partition) and I'm still using the Release Candidate version, which expires around March next year.

Good to hear it's still running ok. Did you have any bother with driver updates for anything that you run?

All the signs generally point to a significant improvement anyway. Not worth rolling back to Vista. Are you just going to get an upgrade disk to move onto the proper release?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Paul B wrote:It's still running no problem for me, definitely better than Vista. I kind of backed myself into a corner though, I'm not actually sure if I can go back to Vista (as I didn't install 7 on a separate partition) and I'm still using the Release Candidate version, which expires around March next year.

Good to hear it's still running ok. Did you have any bother with driver updates for anything that you run?

All the signs generally point to a significant improvement anyway. Not worth rolling back to Vista. Are you just going to get an upgrade disk to move onto the proper release?

My nephew installed Windows 7 the other night and it took him FOREVER because he couldn't find a driver for his wireless router. Nobody had Linksys drivers out there anywhere. Every other router on the planet was there except for the Linksys. He finally found one somewhere but he was getting mighty frustrated.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

That's the thing, I've read that you can't upgrade from RC to the Retail version - you have to do a fresh install with the much more pricey Full version. Nice way of treating the people who kindly tested it for them, huh?

And no, I've not had any bother with drivers.
Paul B

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Paul B wrote:That's the thing, I've read that you can't upgrade from RC to the Retail version - you have to do a fresh install with the much more pricey Full version. Nice way of treating the people who kindly tested it for them, huh?

And no, I've not had any bother with drivers.

If you've been running Vista on that machine though you should qualify ok for the upgrade? And it seems like you can do a full install from the upgrade disc without having to first reinstall Vista. Microsoft are bleating about how people shouldn't really do it, and aren't allowed to do this that and the other blah,blah, but i can't see how you'd be doing anything wrong there.

I'm guessing you got a preinstalled Vista OEM machine so you get no disc? No proper disc and having to roll back your system through a snapshot of the original drive setup is a bit of a con job. I remember querying it in Comet and they said it was to prevent piracy, and there should be no reason to need the disc anyway - retards :roll: They just blanked when i mentioned some potential scenarios and they just said most things would probably invalidate the warranty. I feel sorry for the average man on the street just wanting a fair computer and having to deal with all that shit :lol:

Anyway. i digress. Have a look into the upgrade route and see what you can do.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Currently downloading Damages after reading an old thread on here where someone raved about it.

Lost!

(I originally typed 'Get Lost', but I realised that could be interpreted differently. :lol: )

:lol:

Yeah, that's certainly on the radar. I started downloading them all ealier this year but then I had my PC wiped so I'll have to start again. I'm not in a great hurry to see this before the final season begins next year. I'd like to be able to watch them all straight through.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:My nephew installed Windows 7 the other night and it took him FOREVER because he couldn't find a driver for his wireless router. Nobody had Linksys drivers out there anywhere. Every other router on the planet was there except for the Linksys. He finally found one somewhere but he was getting mighty frustrated.

sorry, didn't see your post yesterday. Wireless routers are one of the problem areas for some reason. I think Microsoft have finally amended a long-standing network bug and some sloppily coded hardware is yet to be patched by the manufacturers. So this one's not entirely Microsoft's fault (well, apart from allowing bad code to work to begin with).

I can't upgrade to Service Pack 3 on my XP machine because my Belkin router just stops working as wireless. Belkin haven't bothered bringing out driver updates for it for a couple of years, and i still see the model sold in some shops. Bit annoying.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:04 pm

just pulled down a pdf of the february 09 issue of Playboy which has a pretty good 7-page interview with Hugh Laurie about House.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby 5HR1NK » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:50 am

Moon-Crane wrote:just pulled down a pdf of the february 09 issue of Playboy which has a pretty good 7-page interview with Hugh Laurie about House.

-Is intrigued-
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:09 am

Moon-Crane wrote:just pulled down a pdf of the february 09 issue of Playboy which has a pretty good 7-page interview with Hugh Laurie about House.

That's what I love about Playboy. The articles. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

:lol: I know. How sad is it that the article was the reason for getting it. Mind, I can't see it being the place anyone with an internet connection would want go for their fill of naked women.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

:lol: I know. How sad is it that the article was the reason for getting it. Mind, I can't see it being the place anyone with an internet connection would want go for their fill of naked women.

:lol:

Yep, that would be a little like owning a moble phone and going out to a public telephone box to make a call. Technology's moved on. :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Ubuntu 9.10 - stupidly named Karmic Koala, but it's not a bad OS. I like being able to run a whole operating system from a CD rather than needing to install it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion