Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

An Apology

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

An Apology

Postby me123 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:17 pm

[]
Last edited by me123 on Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me123

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:19 pm

You don't need to go; I like having you here!

Why don't you vent your feelings by writing poetry? That can help.

Stay, stay, stay!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby me123 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:20 pm

[]
Last edited by me123 on Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
me123

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:23 pm

Your poems don't have to be good. :) But yes, stay here. I think you like coming here, for the most part, don't you?

You know what might really cheer you up? A nice, long, hot bath, with a mug of hot chocolate, a toasted sandwich and a good book!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Sun May 20, 2007 11:26 pm

If visiting this forum is causing you to be destructive or adding to any negative feelings you already have for whatever reason, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a bit of space for a while so you can sort yourself out. If the forum isn't anything to do with the cause and is only part of the effect, I hope you're able to figure out what's causing all these feelings and deal with that/those problems quickly. From the two recent apology threads, it's plain to see that you're not happy with some of the recent posts you've made and it's good to see that. Hope that whatever the problem is gets sorted out soon, but from my own limited perception of things, posting on the forum currently doesn't seem to be making things better.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun May 20, 2007 11:27 pm

Another public apology, and potentially dramatic exit.

In the past we've had some extremely articulate and thoughtful members leave, and they left with dignity rather than by starting attention-seeking threads like this.

You're obviously looking for sympathy, attention and pleas for you to stay, which I'm sure you'll get from some people.

I'm just sick to the back teeth of it all now; this is the longest goodbye in history. Just make a decision and stick to it. I'd respect you for that.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:30 pm

I don't really think there's any need for you to leave, Chris.

I'm going to send you some positive thoughts and energy.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Sun May 20, 2007 11:36 pm

DHP wrote:If visiting this forum is causing you to be destructive or adding to any negative feelings you already have for whatever reason, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a bit of space for a while so you can sort yourself out. If the forum isn't anything to do with the cause and is only part of the effect, I hope you're able to figure out what's causing all these feelings and deal with that/those problems quickly. From the two recent apology threads, it's plain to see that you're not happy with some of the recent posts you've made and it's good to see that. Hope that whatever the problem is gets sorted out soon, but from my own limited perception of things, posting on the forum currently doesn't seem to be making things better.

Very well put, but as said by BN, it is wearing a little thin now.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby DHP » Sun May 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Rob wrote:
DHP wrote:If visiting this forum is causing you to be destructive or adding to any negative feelings you already have for whatever reason, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a bit of space for a while so you can sort yourself out. If the forum isn't anything to do with the cause and is only part of the effect, I hope you're able to figure out what's causing all these feelings and deal with that/those problems quickly. From the two recent apology threads, it's plain to see that you're not happy with some of the recent posts you've made and it's good to see that. Hope that whatever the problem is gets sorted out soon, but from my own limited perception of things, posting on the forum currently doesn't seem to be making things better.

Very well put, but as said by BN, it is wearing a little thin now.

Agreed. I haven't been involved in most of the more confrontational moments due to revision (yes Rob, I know, I'll be back to it soon :wink: ) but I agree with you and BN, there's a possibility that this is all just attention-seeking. However, whatever the issue, I stick with my original post, that as me123 has stated himself, continuing to visit the forum is definitely not helping whatever the problem is - be it attention-seeking or something that's not immediately obvious. I agree with me123 that a bit of space is probably required, but also agree with BN that it's perhaps not necessary to announce it so dramatically. If you feel the need to do it for whatever reason, do it.
DHP

Postby me123 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:56 pm

That's how you all see me, though. As an egoistic, self-absorbed, attention-seeking nutcase who needs to fuck off and let the normal people have a normal conversation without me.

I tried to apologise and I'm accused of being some sort of freak. Of course, as we all know, I am. You all want to see the back of me, so do I respect those wishes or do I try? I tried and I got shit, so maybe going away is for the best, and never coming back. Ever. And this time, for real.

Or maybe I should try again, get more shit and get continually treated like the psychopath you all see me as. Maybe it's time, maybe it's not. Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to go on with a few things.

I've come to a conclusion. I'm not wanted here, so I think it's best for me to leave. You're all sick of me, which is not surprising. Most people are, which you'll not be surprised to hear. I might return iin a few weeks, months, years, but I wouldn't expect it. I think it's the best answer for the whole forum. This way, you can all be happy discussing the various topics without my intervention, and I can continue in my life with 10 less people calling me a lunatic.

It's hard to live with me. Now, you won't have to.

I think this is it. Enjoy your lives, and your Frasier. Au revoir.

Me123, 2818 posts.
me123

Postby Wezzo » Mon May 21, 2007 12:00 am

'k then.
Wezzo

Postby Davey Boy » Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 am

Have to say I'm not quite sure to make of this whole situation as it seems to have arisen in the last few weeks whilst my attention has mainly been towards exams and revision. If you read this me123 I have no idea about the personal issues you are dealing with at the moment but I wish you all the best for the future and I hope you resolve your problems soon.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby DHP » Mon May 21, 2007 12:05 am

Well, that's that then. Hope he gets himself sorted out.
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 am

me123 wrote:so maybe going away is for the best, and never coming back. Ever. And this time, for real.

Dare I get my hopes up?

I might return iin a few weeks, months, years.

Thought not. In the meatime I'll be right here, on the edge of my seat.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:55 pm

DHP wrote:Hope he gets himself sorted out.

So do I.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Mon May 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
DHP wrote:Hope he gets himself sorted out.

So do I.

Paranoia & depression, is a strange thing, but he should be OK, I've seen a case far more acute than this, and he managed to get himself sorted.
Oh well, as me123 would say C'est la vie!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Re: An Apology

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Hehe, when I saw the last post from '596888663' was in the 'an apology' thread, I thought it was going to be the spammer, apologising for being such a twat and pissing us all off! No such luck though.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Weird to have a couple of spammers getting on lately. I thought there was manual authorisation on the board (as much as it's probably a pain to keep on top of)?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:43 am

Yeah it is a bit weird

The authorisation is by user at the moment, ie they have to click on a link in an email after they register to be activated, it was too much effort for me to authroise eachj one individually and keep on top of it.

I'll just have to see whether I can strengthen any of the signup process to defeatthe more automated spambots.
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Well, i wouldn't worry about it too much at the moment, to be honest. A couple of spammers is hardly panic stations. :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support