Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Do you prefer to watch Frasier alone?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

how do you watch frasier?

alone
61%
with (a) family (member)
3%
with friend/s
6%
i don't mind
29%

Total votes : 31

Do you prefer to watch Frasier alone?

Postby domi_dot_com » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 am

hey guys im interested in whether people prefer to watch fras on their own or with someone else. coz i know i like to watch it alone, mum always intrudes and i end up leaving the room i dont know why but yeh.. what bout u?

p.s i had a dream about another series with fras and roz in it!! it was like frasier was to cheers haha it was really good
5HRINK
domi_dot_com

Re: Do you prefer to watch Frasier alone?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 am

If Frasier is on, I really don't care if I'm alone or not. Sometimes I think my friends might prefer I watch it alone since I tend to give them every single trivial detail I know about the episode that happens to be on!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 am

I don't mind if I'm alone or not. Alone or with people, I laugh to my heart's extent. And like Cat says, I always end up telling people little details about the show or the characters...that might annoy them.
Lil

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:04 pm

i don't mind really. As long as people around don't dislike it so much that they have to make comments throughout, then i'll watch it with anyone. I'm mostly alone when it is on, though, as i switch it on when it comes on Comedy Central while i'm working. I guess it's easier to watch it alone, too, as most other people can't be bothered to watch it as much as me.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:10 pm

I don't have much choice, as my dad and brother hate the show and make me turn it off when they are in the room, if I do watch it with anyone it's usually with Lynda cos she's the only one of my mates who likes it
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby woggle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:19 pm

I don't mind , i tend to watch them alone but on the odd occasion a family member is with me and i either pisss em of by practically quoteing whats being said :D or they pop there head in to see what im watching and laff along with me .
woggle

Postby Daphne K » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Most of the time I watch it alone, but I rather like to watch it with my dear friend.
He's also a big Frasier fan and together with him I even laugh louder and more than when I'm alone. 8-)
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

It's actually one of the few things I like watching with several people and a little booze floating around. Particularly awesome is when it goes over big with a group of people who don't normally watch it.
barnaclelapse

Postby Karin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 pm

I don't have much of a choice either, since none of my friends or family members even know Frasier, I think. And I've yet to introduce it to any of them :) . So I'm not sure what I would prefer. Sometimes I think it would be nice to watch it with someone who likes it as much as I do, but I don't mind watching it alone.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby tubalcain » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:27 am

As I am the only one in my house who enjoys Frasier,then on my tod it is.
Laughter should be shared by as many people as possible but if you are the only one laughing then what's wrong with a little ego massaging.That's one of the reasons Frasier is so addictive! :wink:
tubalcain

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:57 pm

I actually prefer to watch most TV shows alone, unless the person I'm watching it with has as much appreciation for the show as I do. A friend of mine first got me into Frasier in the mid-90s, and it was great watching new eps with him. I returned the favour by getting him into The Simpsons. 8-)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I actually prefer to watch most TV shows alone, unless the person I'm watching it with has as much appreciation for the show as I do.

Agreed.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Alone. My hubby hates it, and sits there cringing the whole time, which bugs me.

I don't watch much TV, but with the few series' that I really like, I much prefer to watch them totally alone. I get irrationally annoyed if there's someone else in the room who's not really interested in it!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby tubalcain » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:04 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Alone. My hubby hates it, and sits there cringing the whole time, which bugs me.

I don't watch much TV, but with the few series' that I really like, I much prefer to watch them totally alone. I get irrationally annoyed if there's someone else in the room who's not really interested in it!

And that's the way it is.
tubalcain

Postby Lil » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Alone. My hubby hates it, and sits there cringing the whole time, which bugs me.

It also sucks when you're sitting there trying to enjoy something, and the other person will not shut up. They're constantly talking and you're trying to hear everything said on the show. If I watch a new episode of a show now, I record it whilst watching it so I don't miss anything.
Lil

Postby domi_dot_com » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 am

haha thats funny. good idea i may have to start recording episodes...
5HRINK
domi_dot_com

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am

That's not irrational - makes perfect sense. I can sit and watch something with anyone who likes the same film or tv show, but i can't when people don't.

Do you cringe at the various Road Wars type shows while you're hubby watches them, just to bug him back? :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Do you cringe at the various Road Wars type shows while you're hubby watches them, just to bug him back? :D

I whinge about how the narrator sounds like he should be one of the people getting an ASBO, if that counts! :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Do you cringe at the various Road Wars type shows while you're hubby watches them, just to bug him back? :D

I whinge about how the narrator sounds like he should be one of the people getting an ASBO, if that counts! :lol:

Haha, I do that during the various shit shows my missus chooses to watch. Thinking about it, I must be a nightmare to watch TV with when I have no interest in the show...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Thinking about it, I must be a nightmare to watch TV with when I have no interest in the show...

Hehe, yeah, I suppose I must be too! I hadn't thought of it like that before.
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Drives me up a fucking wall when people are yapping through a show I'm interested in. Or when somebody calls me.

But yet, I can yap with people online about the show I happen to be watching.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Drives me up a fucking wall when people are yapping through a show I'm interested in. Or when somebody calls me.

But yet, I can yap with people online about the show I happen to be watching.

That's because it's easier to ingore annoying people online. :wink:

It's a little harder when they're in the room with you. Hard, but not impossible.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby joe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 pm

I am new to this site so hello.

I love watching the show alone but my hubby loves it too so occasionally he will watch with me. I do prefer to watch it alone though, not sure why
Could the McAllister sisters stand back to back, I'm short on bullets! Thank you!
joe

Postby kat » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:21 pm

welcome to the site
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby joe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Thankyou :)
Could the McAllister sisters stand back to back, I'm short on bullets! Thank you!
joe

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes