Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Episode of Season 11

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which S11 episode do you feel is the worst?

No Sex Please, We're Skittish
3%
A Man, A Plan and A Gal: Julia
3%
The Doctor is Out
No votes
The Babysitter
No votes
The Placeholder
3%
I'm Listening
No votes
Maris Returns
No votes
Murder Most Maris
No votes
Guns N' Neuroses
No votes
SeaBee Jeebies
3%
High Holidays
No votes
Frasier Lite
3%
The Ann Who Came to Dinner
26%
Freudian Sleep
19%
Caught in the Act
6%
Boo!
3%
Coots and Ladders
10%
Match Game
No votes
Miss Right Now
No votes
And Frasier Makes Three
No votes
Detour
10%
Crock Tales
No votes
Goodnight Seattle
10%

Total votes : 31

Postby woggle » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 pm

25% of the vote's for goodnite seattle :shock: let me say that again :shock: can't say as id call it the worst , saying that i will proberbly get me ass kicked for my choice which was Detour though Freudian sleep was a close .
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:50 pm

woggle wrote:25% of the vote's for goodnite seattle :shock: let me say that again :shock: can't say as id call it the worst , saying that i will proberbly get me ass kicked for my choice which was Detour though Freudian sleep was a close .

I don't think you're alone there. Several people don't like Detour much. Maybe it's just because I like the whole Frasier/Charlotte relationship that I really enjoy Detour. It cracks me up.

I can understand some people not wanting to watch Goodnight, Seattle repeatedly because it makes them sad but that certainly doesn't make it a bad episode or "the worst" by any stretch of the imagination.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:46 am

miss adventure wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
But how did 2 people vote for Goodnight Seattle?!

:dontknow:

Three now, but i only picked it cos it was the last one and i didn't want it to end!! The episode was great but so sad that it was the last one ever!! Sorry! :oops: :D

miss adventure x

I know it's actually depressing. And onyoutube they have a vidoe from the 2004 emmy awards, and it was longlasting shows thata ended, and then the four shows that ended that year being, The Practice, Sex and the City, Friends, and Frasier. Anyways the video ends with Frasier, and with the music and everything, it's just so depressing.

I'm also glad that I have a had a least an opportunity to post because my teachers thought, hey great first week of school, let's give them all thousands of pages of homework. Haha. Well actually I'm not laughing. :)
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Re: Worst Episode of Season 11

Postby cmason_984 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Freudian Sleep gets my vote. I'm currently going through Season 11 from start to end for the first time - didn't like this episode when I originally watched it, and like it even less now.
cmason_984

Postby tgirl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

I chose Freudian sleep, I don't think it was put in the right season (I think the theme would have been put to better use perhaps in season 7 after Daphne found out about Niles' romantic intrest in her, obviously it would have had major differences).

I didn't go for The Ann Who Came to Dinner because we get to see some of the classic kooky Daphne even if its only one line. This is when she sees the painting of Niles that Maris has planted the tracking device behind in order to flea from the cops.

Daphne: That's what our son would look like if he were a goat. :lol:

I think the Ann plot in the episode should have been a sub plot and Maris' getaway the main one, obviously the title would be different if this were the case.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby Patrick » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm

I chose Coots and Ladders, although Frasier Lite is a close second, IMO.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 am

Patrick wrote:I chose Coots and Ladders, although Frasier Lite is a close second, IMO.

I like Frasier Lite. It's kind of creepy at the end (with Noel and Roz's hair) but I still enjoy it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Eddie2012 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I chose Frasier Lite, because I dislike it pretty much from start to finish. The 'food scoffing' scenes are distasteful, and not in a funny way. The main plot is pointless in general and seems to me - much like Coots and Ladders - like a filler. They had to shoot 23 episodes, no matter what, so, for lack of Frasier-typical ideas, they dragged some half-baked and uninteresting plots out of the reject pile... The subplots aren't better; Daphne rolling onto Niles in her sleep, crushing him in the process, reminded me too much of the 'Fat Daphne' era and I felt sorry for the poor pigeon :bounce:
(However, I am always surprised to see Freudian Sleep being rated so low. I like this episode, but on this site it is actually rated as one of the worst 5 eps ever! :shock: )
Eddie2012

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Freudian Sleep is one of those "fan divider" episodes. It seems either people really like it or really hate it. I have always really liked it. Particularly Frasier's dream about being married to Daphne. That one kiss Kelsey and Jane have is more passionate than anything Jane and David ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Freudian sleep is funny at times, but I dislike the ending with Martin turning into a Broadway performer, somehow it doesn't sit well with me. Plus Niles' scoffing remark at Frasier obvious and unimaginative dreaming actually applies pretty much to the whole lot of them.

I agree with Cat that Frasier as a rule kisses in a more manly manner than Niles ever does, even though that's not precisely what Cat said. :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

:lol: I always say that DHP kisses girls like he's afraid of girl germs! He's a great actor but he just can't seem to get that part right.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:37 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote::lol: I always say that DHP kisses girls like he's afraid of girl germs! He's a great actor but he just can't seem to get that part right.

Yes, for instance the way Frasier took the stripper (was her name Candy Cane?) in his arms and tilted her before planting a big kiss on her lips. I don't think I've ever seen Niles do anything like that, besides Niles even once said that he was afraid of strippers, a trait that distinguishes him radically from his brother.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby tgirl » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Freudian Sleep is one of those "fan divider" episodes. It seems either people really like it or really hate it. I have always really liked it. Particularly Frasier's dream about being married to Daphne. That one kiss Kelsey and Jane have is more passionate than anything Jane and David ever had!

What about the kisses on the balcony in Something borrowed Someone blue? I think David's kiss is passionate, just in a more tender way than Kelseys.
tgirl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 pm

tgirl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Freudian Sleep is one of those "fan divider" episodes. It seems either people really like it or really hate it. I have always really liked it. Particularly Frasier's dream about being married to Daphne. That one kiss Kelsey and Jane have is more passionate than anything Jane and David ever had!

What about the kisses on the balcony in Something borrowed Someone blue? I think David's kiss is passionate, just in a more tender way than Kelseys.

Nope. I don't think any of their kisses are passionate.
CatNamedRudy

Postby tgirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
tgirl wrote:

Nope. I don't think any of their kisses are passionate.

Ok what about in season 9 The Guilt Trippers as the crane men drop Daphne and her mum off at the airport?
Daphne: I'm going to miss you so much.
Niles: Oh God I know.
tgirl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 am

You can mention every single kiss they ever shared. It always looks to me like David is completely repulsed by the idea of kissing a girl.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Eddie2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

Patrick wrote:Freudian sleep is funny at times, but I dislike the ending with Martin turning into a Broadway performer, somehow it doesn't sit well with me.

Me too! Funnily enough, this very scene is often mentioned as the only scene that the Freudian Sleep -haters can somewhat warm up to. A real fan divider indeed :D .
tgirl wrote:What about the kisses on the balcony in Something borrowed Someone blue? I think David's kiss is passionate, just in a more tender way than Kelseys.

It is tender and sweet, but passion is something very different.
tgirl wrote:Ok what about in season 9 The Guilt Trippers as the crane men drop Daphne and her mum off at the airport? Daphne: I'm going to miss you so much. Niles: Oh God I know.

No one disputes that they are genuinely in love. Tenderness is neither better nor worse that passion, but the two remain very different displays of emotion. It is just a bit strange that Niles would not display more raw passion after such a long wait as it is more spontaneous.
The worst example for me is still First Date, when he –after 4 or 5 years of longing - briefly thinks Daphne reciprocates his feelings and, instead of flinging his arms around her and pressing his lips onto hers, goes on to embrace her like I do with a good old friend, only to pull away seconds later already.
Somehow I have the feeling that is another favourite moment of yours and it is sweet enough, but passionate is isn’t. :D
Eddie2012

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Exactly Eddie!

There were a lot of sweet and tender moments between Niles and Daphne. The most "passion" I ever saw out of that relationship though was in Daphne Hates Sherry when no actual physical interaction was involved.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Exactly Eddie!

There were a lot of sweet and tender moments between Niles and Daphne. The most "passion" I ever saw out of that relationship though was in Daphne Hates Sherry when no actual physical interaction was involved.

Yeah, the fan scene.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes