Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Episode of Season 9

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which do you feel is the worst?

Don Juan in Hell Part I
3%
Don Juan in Hell Part II
No votes
The First Temptation of Daphne
No votes
The Return of Martin Crane
No votes
Love Stinks
6%
Room Full of Heroes
No votes
Bla-Z-Boy
No votes
The Two Hundredth Episode
No votes
Sharing Kirby
11%
Junior Agent
8%
Bully for Martin
3%
The Mother Load Part I
No votes
The Mother Load Part II
No votes
Juvenilia
No votes
The Proposal
No votes
Wheels of Fortune
17%
Three Blind Dates
No votes
War of the Words
31%
Deathtrap
3%
The Love You Fake
3%
Cheerful Goodbyes
8%
Frasier Has Spokane
6%
The Guilt Trippers
3%

Total votes : 36

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Do you know which eps you haven't seen yet? Cheerful Goodbyes? The Guilt Trippers? Junior Agent? They're three of the worst from S9, imho.

Just watched 'Cheerful Goodbyes' again - what is it you don't like about it, MC? I quite like it. I haven't seen any Cheers episodes though, do you think that would make a difference? I don't know any of the Cheers characters, although one of them sounds incredibly like Hamm from Toy Story.... I assume it was the same actor?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 pm

6-5. I didn't expect WOTW to have to battle so hard for bottom spot! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:24 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Do you know which eps you haven't seen yet? Cheerful Goodbyes? The Guilt Trippers? Junior Agent? They're three of the worst from S9, imho.

Just watched 'Cheerful Goodbyes' again - what is it you don't like about it, MC? I quite like it. I haven't seen any Cheers episodes though, do you think that would make a difference? I don't know any of the Cheers characters, although one of them sounds incredibly like Hamm from Toy Story.... I assume it was the same actor?

Yes, that's John Ratzenberger.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:6-5. I didn't expect WOTW to have to battle so hard for bottom spot! :lol:

I didn't either. I must admit too that I didn't expect WOF to be even close to competing with WOTW. I figured if it was anything, it would be either FHS or TGT.

I still don't quite understand the dislike for FHS. I understand it for TGT even though I don't share the sentiment. But I find FHS quite good.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:6-5. I didn't expect WOTW to have to battle so hard for bottom spot! :lol:

I didn't either. I must admit too that I didn't expect WOF to be even close to competing with WOTW. I figured if it was anything, it would be either FHS or TGT.

I still don't quite understand the dislike for FHS. I understand it for TGT even though I don't share the sentiment. But I find FHS quite good.

Blame Strat's 'tactical voting'... :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

LOL! Still though, that leaves 4 legit votes for Wheels. I always thought I was in a clear minority in not liking that one.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:42 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

LOL! Still though, that leaves 4 legit votes for Wheels. I always thought I was in a clear minority in not liking that one.

Same here! Until recently there were only two camps for WOF - those who love it (me included) and those who thinks it's merely 'good'...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Just watched 'Cheerful Goodbyes' again - what is it you don't like about it, MC? I quite like it. I haven't seen any Cheers episodes though, do you think that would make a difference?

It's just an episode where they've forgotten to add any sort of humour into it and so falls very flat - a waste of good characters. Feels like a tired attempt to make sure the rest of the Cheers cast were featured in a Frasier episode, just to get them out of the way.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:11 pm

Just seen 'The Guilt Trippers' and 'Moons Over Seattle' - I liked them both, sorry MC! :lol: So WOF is officially my choice for 'worst episode of S9'!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:14 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Just seen 'The Guilt Trippers' and 'Moons Over Seattle' - I liked them both, sorry MC! :lol: So WOF is officially my choice for 'worst episode of S9'!

I watched the Guilt Trippers again. Liked it more than usual. Your hormones are playing tricks on you if WOF is the worst episode though :wink: :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Moon-Crane wrote: Your hormones are playing tricks on you if WOF is the worst episode though :wink: :lol:

:roll: Typical bloke thing to say! :lol: What about the other people who voted it as 'worst'? What's their excuse? :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:What about the other people who voted it as 'worst'? What's their excuse? :D

erm, they mustn't have seen CG or JA; or maybe were following Strat's tactical voting system; or you set up a couple more acounts :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:What about the other people who voted it as 'worst'? What's their excuse? :D

erm, they mustn't have seen CG or JA; or maybe were following Strat's tactical voting system; or you set up a couple more acounts :lol:

Nah, that's way too much effort to go to! I have CBA syndrome today.*

*can't be arsed
Dorset Girl

Postby bitesthedust » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:01 pm

War Of The Words.

I've watched Season 9 in full for the first time this weekend on Paramount, and that episode lived up to its awful reputation.
bitesthedust

Postby Lil » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:50 am

Wheels of Fortune

It's okay, but the worst of S9 in my opinion.

I actually like War of the Words.
Lil

Postby JT » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 am

I still don't see why so many don't like War of the Words.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:33 am

JT wrote:I still don't see why so many don't like War of the Words.

Most of the dialogue just seems so forced and ridiculous to me. I don't mind the episode in the first half but after the Spelling Bee, it goes downhill FAST!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 am

I don't see why either.
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:25 pm

LaughingIsLife wrote:

I don't see why either.

See above response! :)
CatNamedRudy

Postby JT » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:32 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Most of the dialogue just seems so forced and ridiculous to me. I don't mind the episode in the first half but after the Spelling Bee, it goes downhill FAST!

Watched it again. Still think its pretty good. How someone can think something like 'Room full of heroes' is less forced or sophisticated or whatever is not something I can see.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby bitesthedust » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:43 pm

bitesthedust wrote:War Of The Words.

I've watched Season 9 in full for the first time this weekend on Paramount, and that episode lived up to its awful reputation.

To follow on from my original comment, I'm currently watching Season 9 again having just got the DVD, and would like to nominate Love Stinks as a close 2nd to War Of The Words for worst episode.[/i]
bitesthedust

Postby bitesthedust » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:All right, in a season that contains such horrific episodes as Junior Agent, War of the Words, Bully for Martin, The Return of Martin Crane, Cheerful Goodbyes, Love Stinks and Juvenlia, who picked Don Juan in Hell Part I?

I mean, yeah, I know the first part isn't the best thing in the world but the worst? Compared some of the other crap in the season?

You should have your Frasier Online license revoked! :wink:

Personally I quite enjoyed The Return of Martin Crane. It may not be funny, more of a serious look at Martin's thoughts about returning to work and as such reliving the day he got shot but it's a very good insight into the character pre-Frasier.
bitesthedust

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:52 am

Voted for deathtrap as i hate it? Wotw is actually one of my favorite episodes ever!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes