Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Episode of Season 8

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which do you feel is the worst?

And the Dish Ran Away With the Spoon Part 1
No votes
And the Dish Ran Away With the Spoon Part 2
No votes
The Bad Son
No votes
The Great Crane Robbery
No votes
Taking Liberties
No votes
Legal Tender, Love and Care
8%
The New Friend
3%
Mary Christmas
8%
Frasier's Edge
5%
Cranes Unplugged
No votes
Motor Skills
5%
The Show Must Go Off
5%
Sliding Frasiers
8%
Hungry Heart
No votes
Hooping Cranes
3%
Docu.drama
5%
It Takes Two to Tangle
No votes
Forgetten But Not Gone
No votes
Daphne Returns
No votes
The Wizard and Roz
24%
Semi Decent Proposal
3%
A Passing Fancy
No votes
A Day in May
22%
The Cranes Go Caribbean
No votes

Total votes : 37

Worst Episode of Season 8

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:02 am

The Frasier Online version of Vote For The Worst. (those familiar with American Idol know what I mean).

Simply choose the episode you feel is the worst of the season.

I separated the two hour long episodes into separate options just so there would still be a choice of 24 episodes.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:20 am

This one was difficult not because there aren't any episodes that I dislike but because there are SEVERAL that I dislike.

In the end, I surprised myself a bit and went with The Wizard and Roz over Motor Skills and Frasier's Edge.

Tewkesbury in that robe just creeps me out more than anything in Frasierland ever has before and more than anything ever will. Even more than Clown Frasier! (which you all know I find really creepy!)

I dislike Motor Skills because I just think Frasier and Niles are completely annoying and obnoxious and just generally unlikable but for some reason, The Wizard and Roz now trumps it!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:25 am

Where's the "all of them" option? :wink: I went with A Day in May, simply horrific - not just a poor episode of Frasier, but one of the worst television episodes I've ever seen.
Paul B

Postby Carolina Crane-iac » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:48 am

I went with Sliding Frasiers for the simple reason that, I was confused the first time I tried to watch it. All in all, I liked S8, even though I might be in the minority.
Carolina Crane-iac

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am

I went with the Wizard and Roz, I just didn't like the wizard. And... Gross, the robe, I don't want to be mean, but... please, never again.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby Wezzo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 am

"A Day In May". "Legal Tender Love and Care" is close.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:34 am

Ooh, the agony of choice!

I went with SKP's The Wizard And Roz, which on reflection made Frasier's Edge look like a masterpiece. Not a fan of Prof Tewks (I can only see Rene Auberjonois as Paul Lewiston from Boston Legal now!) and he particularly grated in this dud.

I can see this shaping up as a real battle - A Day In May was voted the worst episode ever by this forum a short time ago so I expect that to get the most votes here.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:39 am

I went with 'Docu.drama', because I remember it, at the time, being simply the dullest episode of Frasier I'd ever seen to that point. Tedious pile of crap.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:01 am

Spoilt for choice here, aren't we? A Day in May for me though - not one good word I can think of to say about it sadly. All 3 plots fall flat on their faces.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Agides » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:11 am

Well, this is the season where it all started to go wonky for me so I'm finding it hard to settle on just one episode. I think I'll go with 'The Wizard & Roz' 'cos that's the worst (but it's closely followed by 'Motor Skills', 'Mary Christmas', 'Frasier's Edge', 'Docu.Drama' and 'Legal Tender Love & Care'.)
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:30 am

A Day In May - just awful. After all these years the Frasier segment is barely starting to make me smile; the Martin bit frustrates me as being such a waste of a good idea; and the Niles/Daphne bit.... what the hell is that all about?!
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:38 am

A Day In May for me as well.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Paul B wrote:Where's the "all of them" option? :wink: I went with A Day in May, simply horrific - not just a poor episode of Frasier, but one of the worst television episodes I've ever seen.

:lol:

There are at least 3 good episodes in S8.

And the Dish Ran Away With the Spoon
Taking Liberties
Daphne Returns

and Hungry Heart and Hooping Cranes are both pretty decent.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 pm

Carolina Crane-iac wrote:I went with Sliding Frasiers for the simple reason that, I was confused the first time I tried to watch it. All in all, I liked S8, even though I might be in the minority.

I quite like Sliding Frasiers. Except I want to kill Frasier when he is being so damn clingy with whatsherface.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:50 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Paul B wrote:Where's the "all of them" option? :wink: I went with A Day in May, simply horrific - not just a poor episode of Frasier, but one of the worst television episodes I've ever seen.

Taking Liberties
Daphne Returns

i quite like most of the episodes, still.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:31 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Taking Liberties
Daphne Returns

All 5 of the one's you mentioned there are decent. I'd also add 'The Show Must Go Off' as well.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Carolina Crane-iac » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Carolina Crane-iac wrote:I went with Sliding Frasiers for the simple reason that, I was confused the first time I tried to watch it. All in all, I liked S8, even though I might be in the minority.

I quite like Sliding Frasiers. Except I want to kill Frasier when he is being so damn clingy with whatsherface.

I think Sliding Frasiers is one of those episodes that I need to watch again. It's been ages since I've seen it; maybe I'll catch something I missed before.

:)

I know it doesn't seem to be a popular choice, but one of my favorites from S8 is Motor Skills. The part where they are the "back row hooligans" cracks me up. I guess it's because it reminds me of the time my best friend Chandler and I decided to try that in High School. As classroom rebels, we failed miserably.
Carolina Crane-iac

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Carolina Crane-iac wrote:I know it doesn't seem to be a popular choice, but one of my favorites from S8 is Motor Skills. The part where they are the "back row hooligans" cracks me up. I guess it's because it reminds me of the time my best friend Chandler and I decided to try that in High School. As classroom rebels, we failed miserably.

You actually knew someone called Chandler? I thought it was a made-up name! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Carolina Crane-iac wrote:I know it doesn't seem to be a popular choice, but one of my favorites from S8 is Motor Skills. The part where they are the "back row hooligans" cracks me up. I guess it's because it reminds me of the time my best friend Chandler and I decided to try that in High School. As classroom rebels, we failed miserably.

You actually knew someone called Chandler? I thought it was a made-up name! :lol:

No, no.....Chanandler is a made up name! :wink:

Chandler is actually a somewhat common name along the US eastern seaboard and the south east (the Carolinas and Georgia)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Chandler is actually a somewhat common name along the US eastern seaboard and the south east (the Carolinas and Georgia)

For babies born after 1994? :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Carolina Crane-iac » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

For babies born after 1994? :wink:

I dunno about the rest, but he got his in 1975. :wink: We were in high school when Friends came on and I remember one of the underclassmen asked him if his parents named him after "Chandler Bing." (Actually, his is an old family name.)

Odd that he came up here, because he is the reason (indirectly) I got into watching Frasier. I was walking through the house one night and my brother said, "Donna, you've gotta come in here and watch this show. These guys on here act just like you and Chandler." To this day, my brother's nickname for us is "Frasier and Niles." 8-)
Carolina Crane-iac

Postby ouroboros » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Damn! You guys really don't like A Day in May do you? :shock:

What can I say I like Lana and I liked the Frasier acting all holier than thou in a smock. And I also liked Marty's story as I said in last Frasier ep thread.

Ah well can't agree on everything.

*cough* Author Author *cough* Show Where Woody Shows Up *cough*

:D

Anyway I voted for Motor Skills.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Chocolate Fan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:32 pm

The Wizard and Roz :shock: That dress thing he wears is traumatising...
Chocolate Fan

Postby insaneasperger » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm

i chose mary christmas, as i hate that episode, as i dislike mary. Can't believe you all seem to hate a day in may! i love that episode simply because it doesn't make any sense and it is nice to see a normal day for the frasier cast without any drama! season 8 is also my favorite season!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby woggle » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm

i have to say the episode the wizard and roz escapes being the worst for me as i like the scenes where there trying to see if daphne is psychic and day in may is definatly an episode i dont watch if i can help it . but the worst one for me is motor skills i just find niles and frasier to irritating , can i have two , the show must go off which is also awfull
woggle

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes