Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Vote For Your Favourite Bebe Episode!

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

What's your favourite Bebe episode?

Selling Out
2%
And The Whimper Is...
No votes
Agents in America part III
32%
Where There's Smoke, There's Fired
36%
Roz's Turn
10%
Zoo Story
5%
Morning Becomes Entertainment
14%
Junior Agent
No votes
The Devil and Dr Phil
2%
Goodnight, Seattle
No votes

Total votes : 59

Postby White Rabbit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:00 pm

By the way, keep in mind that Agents in America part III is the 3rd Bebe Glazer episode. It could be said that th episode is part 3 of the story of Bebe.
White Rabbit

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:11 pm

White Rabbit wrote:By the way, keep in mind that Agents in America part III is the 3rd Bebe Glazer episode. It could be said that th episode is part 3 of the story of Bebe.

That's what I aways just sort of figured but I want it to be more than that! :)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:28 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
White Rabbit wrote:By the way, keep in mind that Agents in America part III is the 3rd Bebe Glazer episode. It could be said that th episode is part 3 of the story of Bebe.

Me too. Seems less interesting if that's all it is :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Agides » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Me too. Seems less interesting if that's all it is :)

I don't know why but I have always assumed that the title is a play on words of 'Angels In America', which I understand is a play that was later made into a miniseries. I have never seen 'Angels', so I don't know if 'Agents' is a direct parody of it - I'll hazard a guess that there may be an attempted suicide in it - but I do know that the play was in two parts (making the 'Part III' bit of the Frasier episode title quite funny, in the clever way we would expect).

But I may have totally got the wrong end of the stick on this, so am happy to be corrected..................
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:14 pm

Angels in America didn't come out until 2003. Also it's about the AIDS crisis so I'm pretty sure that's not it!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:18 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Angels in America didn't come out until 2003. Also it's about the AIDS crisis so I'm pretty sure that's not it!

But the play was written in the mid 90s, so it definitely existed before our episode.

Have you ever seen 'Angels', Cat? Was there a suicide in it or an image that might resemble Bebe on a ledge????!!!!!!! :lol:
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:26 pm

Agides wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Angels in America didn't come out until 2003. Also it's about the AIDS crisis so I'm pretty sure that's not it!

But the play was written in the mid 90s, so it definitely existed before our episode.

Have you ever seen 'Angels', Cat? Was there a suicide in it or an image that might resemble Bebe on a ledge????!!!!!!! :lol:

I'm just reading a synopsis of the play and I don't see anything about suicide or the ledge but there are some "ethical" issues being dealt with. Plus there's some stuff in there about powers being fueled by sexual activity!

It's HERE if you want to read it.

You might be right.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Head Game - 80%
Better than it's reputation suggests.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Head Game - 80%
Better than it's reputation suggests.

Wrong thread Cakey! (unless Head Game has suddenly become a Bebe episode!) :wink:

But I agree, it's really not all that bad. But I still don't like it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby White Rabbit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Agides wrote:

Mid 90s? It premiered in 1991.
White Rabbit

Postby Agides » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:12 pm

White Rabbit wrote:
Agides wrote:

Mid 90s? It premiered in 1991.

My mistake! :oops:

EDIT: I take it that it was the first part that premiered in 1991? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Part 2 was still being written while Part 1 was being performed.
(I used to know a fair bit about theatre - you wouldn't know it though, would you??!! :oops: )
Agides

Postby Agides » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 pm

I've just been reading back through this entire thread and on page 1, BN has posted what the title means (sorry BN, I didn't notice it before :oops:).

Btw, Cat, I read the synopsis you linked to and I think Bebe may be a reincarnation of the character Roy (unethical agent vs unethical lawyer)!! :lol:
Agides

Postby White Rabbit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes, part I premiered 1991. Part II did so in 1992.

I'm guessing that since in the play, the protagonist is visited by angels and demons, Frasier draws a parrallel by being visited by Bebe.
Last edited by White Rabbit on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit

Postby Agides » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:16 pm

White Rabbit wrote:Yes, part I premiered 1991. Part II did so in 1992.

Perfect timing (as you would expect from 'Frasier')!!!!!! :D
Agides

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:18 pm

Agides wrote:I've just been reading back through this entire thread and on page 1, BN has posted what the title means (sorry BN, I didn't notice it before :oops:).

I don't know how the flip i missed that.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby White Rabbit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Well, you found it out independently of BN, so well done anyway. :wink:
White Rabbit

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:18 am

As annoying as Bebe was Where There's Smoke There's Fired is SO funny :lol:

I've been watching that episode for about 2 weeks now. I love when she inhales the purse and when she describes how wonderful smoking is
crystal_blue0610

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 pm

crystal_blue0610 wrote:As annoying as Bebe was Where There's Smoke There's Fired is SO funny :lol:

I've been watching that episode for about 2 weeks now. I love when she inhales the purse and when she describes how wonderful smoking is

I love her whole smoking soliloquy!

Everything. [with actions:] I like the way a fresh firm pack feels in my hand. I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane and seeing it twinkle in the light. I like coaxing that first sweet cylinder out of its hiding place and bringing it slowly up to my lips. [Daphne comes back with a bowl; getting more erotic:] Striking a match, watching it burst into a perfect little flame and knowing that soon that flame will be inside me. [laughs giddily] I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs. Little fingers of smoking filling me, caressing me, feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper, until I think I'm going to burst! Then - whoosh! - watching it flow out of me in a lovely, sinuous cloud, no two ever quite the same.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Definitely Where There's Smoke There's Fired.

Frasier: Hand them over!
Bebe: NEVEEEEER!!!!
Lil

Postby Karin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:44 pm

I love Where There's Smoke There's Fired, but if I had to choose my favourite Bebe episode, I think Agents In America, Part III tops it for me.

There are so many great lines in it (Niles: "I'm just glad your alright. I would have assumed she killed after mating" :lol: or Bebe: "Aren't you glad I'm on your side?") and Bebe's fake suicide attempt is just hilarious. Oh, and that scene when Bebe opens the door to Niles and he rings the doorbell again just cracks me up every time!
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 am

Glad I'm not the only one who voted Morning Becomes Entertainment.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:21 am

I just had a little vote and picked - where's theres smoke theres fired :D

I love the scenes with Bebe confined to Frasiers apartment and hes desperatly trying to keep her from smoking :D right down to the point where he grapples her to the ground :lol: i just think the ep is fab and Bebe makes me laff all the way throu it .
woggle

Postby Lil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:25 am

woggle wrote:I just had a little vote and picked - where's theres smoke theres fired :D

I love the scenes with Bebe confined to Frasiers apartment and hes desperatly trying to keep her from smoking :D right down to the point where he grapples her to the ground :lol: i just think the ep is fab and Bebe makes me laff all the way throu it .

Awesome choice. That was my pick!
Lil

Favourite Bebe episode

Postby david sim » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:29 am

The Zoo Story. I think its the best one for the way Bebe waits for Frasier to come crawling back to her after he dumps her for a more ethical agent. She knows the world will fall out from under him when he signs on with Ben, a completely useless agent. Watching Ben's pathetic publicity stunts are hilarious, as Frasier grows more and more desperate until he clings to his ethics no more.
He and Bebe are not so different after all.
I'm a big Frasier fan who wants to talk to all you other Frasier fans out there.
About why its the best sitcom ever.
david sim

Postby Daphne K » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

Where there's smoke there's fired.
Although I dislike Bebe I find her rather funny in that episode.
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes