Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Episode of Season 7

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which do you feel is the worst?

Momma Mia
5%
Father of the Bride
No votes
Radio Wars
5%
Everyone's A Critic
17%
The Dog That Rocks the Cradle
26%
Rivals
7%
A Tsar is Born
2%
The Late Dr. Crane
No votes
The Apparent Trap
2%
Back Talk
No votes
The Fight Before Christmas
No votes
RDWRER
No votes
They're Playing Our Song
2%
Big Crane on Campus
2%
Out With Dad
2%
Something About Dr. Mary
12%
Whine Club
2%
Hot Pursuit
7%
Morning Becomes Entertainment
No votes
To Thine Old Self Be True
No votes
The Three Faces of Frasier
5%
Dark Side of the Moon
2%
Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
No votes

Total votes : 42

Worst Episode of Season 7

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 pm

The Frasier Online version of Vote For The Worst. (those familiar with American Idol know what I mean).

Simply choose the episode you feel is the worst of the season.

Note to anyone who chooses Back Talk, Dark Side of the Moon or Something Borrowed, Someone Blue..........You will WOUND me!! :wink:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:57 pm

This is the most difficult season I have had. There really aren't any episodes that I completely dislike. I'm not overly fond of the Poppy episodes but at least in Rivals, Frasier and Niles completely make up for the appearance of Poppy.

I vaccilated between Everyone's a Critic and The Three Faces of Frasier. I went with The Three Faces of Frasier because it's one of those "I want to kill Frasier" episodes for me.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:53 pm

I chose 'Radio Wars'. I like it, but out of S7, it is definitely my least favourite. No doubt I will now get a barrage of replies from different people telling me how wrong I am to say this :lol:, but it just reminds me of S3's 'Leapin' Lizards' (which, incidentally, is the first Frasier episode I ever saw!).
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Re: Worst Episode of Season 7

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:54 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Note to anyone who chooses Back Talk, Dark Side of the Moon or Something Borrowed, Someone Blue..........You will WOUND me!! :wink:

Hehe, way to introduce a completely unbiased poll, Cat! :wink: :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I chose 'Radio Wars'. I like it, but out of S7, it is definitely my least favourite. No doubt I will now get a barrage of replies from different people telling me how wrong I am to say this :lol:, but it just reminds me of S3's 'Leapin' Lizards' (which, incidentally, is the first Frasier episode I ever saw!).

Radio Wars would fall toward the bottom in my S7 viewing. I much prefer Leapin' Lizards!
CatNamedRudy

Re: Worst Episode of Season 7

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Note to anyone who chooses Back Talk, Dark Side of the Moon or Something Borrowed, Someone Blue..........You will WOUND me!! :wink:

Hehe, way to introduce a completely unbiased poll, Cat! :wink: :lol:

I have learned a lot from watching politics! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:58 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I chose 'Radio Wars'. I like it, but out of S7, it is definitely my least favourite. No doubt I will now get a barrage of replies from different people telling me how wrong I am to say this :lol:, but it just reminds me of S3's 'Leapin' Lizards' (which, incidentally, is the first Frasier episode I ever saw!).

Radio Wars would fall toward the bottom in my S7 viewing. I much prefer Leapin' Lizards!

So do I, but I don't know if that's because it's a better episode, or just because I have a 'soft spot' for it as it was the first one I saw. I lost my Frasier virginity with it, as it were. :lol: Yes, I can make everything sex-related.
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:This is the most difficult season I have had. There really aren't any episodes that I completely dislike. I'm not overly fond of the Poppy episodes but at least in Rivals, Frasier and Niles completely make up for the appearance of Poppy.

I vaccilated between Everyone's a Critic and The Three Faces of Frasier. I went with The Three Faces of Frasier because it's one of those "I want to kill Frasier" episodes for me.

:shock: I LOVE that episode! You have WOUNDED me! :lol:

No seriously, I'd place TTFOF around 3rd or 4th best ep of the year, I think it's great.

My worst ep is The Dog That Rocks The Cradle. It was sad to see Bulldog reduced to such a pathetic character, the ending made me cringe.

Hot Persuit came a close second, my word that's a dull episode. The rest of the season was consistently 'average' for me really, with only Out With Dad and SBSB standout episodes.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:53 pm

I've also got The Dog That Rocked The Cradle as my lowest rated of the season, just ahead (behind?) from Everyone's A Critic, Hot Pursuit and Radio Wars.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I've also got The Dog That Rocked The Cradle as my lowest rated of the season, just ahead (behind?) from Everyone's A Critic, Hot Pursuit and Radio Wars.

Yeah, that was a weird way to bring Bulldog back! I wouldn't rate that episode as the worst, but it was certainly out of character, I think.
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

I think I might be the only person on the planet who really likes The Dog That Rocks the Cradle. I like to see Bulldog vulnerable. (except I hated it in Love Bites Dog).
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I think I might be the only person on the planet who really likes The Dog That Rocks the Cradle. I like to see Bulldog vulnerable. (except I hated it in Love Bites Dog).

It's rated my lowest of S7, but in the grand scheme of things (well, the following seasons) it's still a fairly healthy mark. Once i get hold of S10, i'm going to rewatch the whole lot and revise the ratings.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Agides » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:00 pm

I went with 'The Dog That Rocks The Cradle' (although my mouse was also magnetically drawn to 'The Three Faces of Frasier' for a while).

I have to be honest, I don't care for the character of Bulldog very much (note character, NOT Dan Butler), never have, never will, and I find him the weakest link in an otherwise fantastic chain. *hides from the wrath of EVERYONE*
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:09 pm

So many people picking on poor, love struck Bulldog!

Don't you people have hearts? :wink:

It's kind of funny because it seems my two favorite Bulldog centric episodes tend to be the two that people like the least. Bad Dog and The Dog that Rocks the Cradle.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:So many people picking on poor, love struck Bulldog!

It's kind of funny because it seems my two favorite Bulldog centric episodes tend to be the two that people like the least. Bad Dog and The Dog that Rocks the Cradle.

I have just finished watching that episode (spooky!!!) and all of the Bulldog bits rank about as high as 'War of The Words' for me. But I love Niles and Daphne rehearsing his SeeBees acceptance and Daphne's muffin calculation, so there are some enjoyable parts that prevent this from being a total stinker!!
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Agides wrote:

I have just finished watching that episode (spooky!!!) and all of the Bulldog bits rank about as high as 'War of The Words' for me. But I love Niles and Daphne rehearsing his SeeBees acceptance and Daphne's muffin calculation, so there are some enjoyable parts that prevent this from being a total stinker!!

I love Daphne's muffin calculation!

Bad Dog is my absolute favorite of the Bulldog episodes.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:58 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Agides wrote:

I love Daphne's muffin calculation!

Bad Dog is my absolute favorite of the Bulldog episodes.

Yeah, it's one I really like too, much better than TDTRTC.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:My worst ep is The Dog That Rocks The Cradle. It was sad to see Bulldog reduced to such a pathetic character, the ending made me cringe.

Hot Persuit came a close second, my word that's a dull episode. The rest of the season was consistently 'average' for me really, with only Out With Dad and SBSB standout episodes.

Yeah, I agree with all that! I could never understand in 'the olden days' of this place why S7 always seemed to be rated so highly. I think it's decidedly average on the whole, and in places just downright bad, in a way the show never had been before.

Long term readers will already know my complete hatred for 'Dog/Cradle' - God, it's rank. It has nothing to recommend it at all. The main plot is rubbish and twee, and completely out of character, and the subplot is crap too. I remember watching it when it first aired and thinking "Shit! What the hell's happened to this show?"
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:My worst ep is The Dog That Rocks The Cradle. It was sad to see Bulldog reduced to such a pathetic character, the ending made me cringe.

Yeah, I agree with all that! I could never understand in 'the olden days' of this place why S7 always seemed to be rated so highly. I think it's decidedly average on the whole, and in places just downright bad, in a way the show never had been before.

Long term readers will already know my complete hatred for 'Dog/Cradle' - God, it's rank. It has nothing to recommend it at all. The main plot is rubbish and twee, and completely out of character, and the subplot is crap too. I remember watching it when it first aired and thinking "Shit! What the hell's happened to this show?"

Come on BA! Don't hold back on us! Tell us how you really feel! :wink:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:56 pm

This is the most difficult season I have had. There really aren't any episodes that I completely dislike. I'm not overly fond of the Poppy episodes but at least in Rivals, Frasier and Niles completely make up for the appearance of Poppy.

On re-watches I find myself really liking Poppy! :oops:

Voted for 'Hot Pursuit' here. Dull, dull, dull.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

On re-watches I find myself really liking Poppy! :oops:

Voted for 'Hot Pursuit' here. Dull, dull, dull.

I'm surprised Hot Pursuit jhasn't received more votes. I like it but really only because of the Roz/Frasier stuff. Ok, mostly because of the Frasier stuff!
CatNamedRudy

Postby ouroboros » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm

'Rivals' for me, though Everyone's A Critic was close.

I actually didn't mind The Dog That Rocks The Cradle' and I thought the way Roz handled it was actually pretty cool!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Wezzo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Hot Pursuit.
Wezzo

Postby welshben23 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:11 pm

They're Playing Our Song..seriously. I just don't like it.
welshben23

Postby ouroboros » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31 pm

welshben23 wrote:They're Playing Our Song..seriously. I just don't like it.

Me neither :?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes