Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Episode of Season 6

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which do you feel is the worst?

Good Grief
4%
Frasier's Curse
4%
Dial 'M' For Martin
No votes
Hot Ticket
5%
First, Do No Harm
7%
Secret Admirer
No votes
How To Bury a Millionaire
No votes
The Seal Who Came To Dinner
5%
Roz, A Loan
7%
Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz
4%
The Good Samaritan
7%
Our Parents, Ourselves
2%
The Show Where Woody Shows Up
39%
Three Valentines
5%
To Tell The Truth
No votes
Decoys
No votes
Dinner Party
No votes
Taps At The Montana
No votes
I.Q.
2%
Dr. Nora
9%
When a Man Loves Two Women
2%
Visions of Daphne
No votes

Total votes : 57

Worst Episode of Season 6

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:28 am

OK, Paul started these a while back and I kind of had fun with them so, I'm going to do Season 6.

Your choice for "Worst" episode of Season 6
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:32 am

As much as I complain about Frasier's Curse and Hot Ticket, my choice here actually has to go to The Show Where Woody Shows Up.

I find it rather pointless and dull. The funniest part is the beginning when Woody calls Frasier's show to tell him he's "lost".

It was just a way to get a Cheers cast mate on the show with no real reason for him to be there. Mickeba mentioned in the Rebecca or Diane thread that he thought Rebecca would have no reason to ever come to Seattle but what reason would Woody ever have? It's not like he and Frasier were ever really close friends or anything.

It's not quite as pointless as S9's Cheerful Goodbyes but it's darn close!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wezzo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:16 pm

Hm, I'd probably go with "Woody" as well, though none stand out here as being truly awful.
Wezzo

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Hmm, a toss up between 'First, Do Me No Harm', 'Hot Ticket', 'Woody', 'Roz, a Loan' and 'Good Samaritan'. I'm going for the latter, because, for some reason, I find it rather depressing.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby welshben23 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:01 pm

Roz, A Loan for me.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:59 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Hmm, a toss up between 'First, Do Me No Harm', 'Hot Ticket', 'Woody', 'Roz, a Loan' and 'Good Samaritan'. I'm going for the latter, because, for some reason, I find it rather depressing.

Good Samaritan is one of those that has grown on me. I can easily see though how it can found to be somewhat depressing. It's pretty dark and dreary throughout.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:41 am

welshben23 wrote:Roz, A Loan for me.

Me too. By far the dullest ep of the season.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:51 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:As much as I complain about Frasier's Curse and Hot Ticket, my choice here actually has to go to The Show Where Woody Shows Up.

I find it rather pointless and dull. The funniest part is the beginning when Woody calls Frasier's show to tell him he's "lost".

It was just a way to get a Cheers cast mate on the show with no real reason for him to be there. Mickeba mentioned in the Rebecca or Diane thread that he thought Rebecca would have no reason to ever come to Seattle but what reason would Woody ever have? It's not like he and Frasier were ever really close friends or anything.

I quite like this ep. Surely Frasier's nightmare evening with Gil Noel and Woody at the Karaoke raised a chuckle?

Anyway, the point of the ep was to reflect the awkwardness of meeting up with people who you've moved on from. Surely we've all had an experience like that? Like when you bump into an old school friend and apart from reminiscing about your English teacher's foppish hairdo you realise you have absolutely nothing in common anymore.

Rob Greenberg attempted something different to a regular Cheers reunion ep and I applaud him for that. Not the best ep of S6, but certainly not the worst IMHO.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:58 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:As much as I complain about Frasier's Curse and Hot Ticket, my choice here actually has to go to The Show Where Woody Shows Up.

I quite like this ep. Surely Frasier's nightmare evening with Gil Noel and Woody at the Karaoke raised a chuckle?

Anyway, the point of the ep was to reflect the awkwardness of meeting up with people who you've moved on from. Surely we've all had an experience like that? Like when you bump into an old school friend and apart from reminiscing about your English teacher's foppish hairdo you realise you have absolutely nothing in common anymore.

Rob Greenberg attempted something different to a regular Cheers reunion ep and I applaud him for that. Not the best ep of S6, but certainly not the worst IMHO.

Agreed. ''Roz, A Loan'' gets my vote as well.
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 am

Beer Necessity wrote:

The Karaoke thing did nothing for me! Really, after the first couple of minutes, it just bored me.

Had Frasier and Woody been friends in Boston, I might see it differently but I just never really thought of Woody and Frasier as being buddies.

Between this one and Hot Ticket, they are they only two I will routinely skip from this season. Even Frasier's Curse and Roz, A Loan rank higher on the chart for me than Woody!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stratman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:02 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Had Frasier and Woody been friends in Boston, I might see it differently but I just never really thought of Woody and Frasier as being buddies.

Huh? :?
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:07 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

The Karaoke thing did nothing for me! Really, after the first couple of minutes, it just bored me.

Between this one and Hot Ticket, they are they only two I will routinely skip from this season. Even Frasier's Curse and Roz, A Loan rank higher on the chart for me than Woody!

Not even the tag scene?

It's all down to personal taste obviously but I'm not always looking for Frasier to be bust-a-gut funny. Occasionally the odd episode will reflect your own experiences and I quite like that. I'm sure many people could relate to Rooms With a View for example, even if they didn't find it particularly funny.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:19 am

I agree, the episodes don't always have to be bust a gut funny. And you're right, it all comes down to personal taste. The "life experience" thing is one of the reasons I like The Guilt Trippers and that is definitely not a laugh a minute episode.

The personal taste thing is one of the reasons I kind of like these "Worst" polls. Sometimes it just really surprises me what people think is a bad episode. Although so far with this one, I'm not surprised at all.
CatNamedRudy

Postby chrisj » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:20 am

I did not like Dr. Nora. I don't know if they were testing the waters to see if she would be a good fit for the show or what, but she was just bad...and oh so ugggggleeeee.
"You get the one, you get that other one! Oh, you are SO that other one!"
chrisj

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:37 am

chrisj wrote:I did not like Dr. Nora. I don't know if they were testing the waters to see if she would be a good fit for the show or what, but she was just bad...and oh so ugggggleeeee.

Dr Nora was a parody of Dr Laura, a fiercely right-wing radio host. The ep was written by Joe Keenan, who as a gay man found himself at odds with Dr Laura's views. That's probably why he was able to write such cutting satire as it came from the heart!

Amusingly, Laura Schlessinger tried to get the show taken out of syndication (which showed how JK et al had hit the mark) but co-creator David Lee made sure it continued to air.

Here's an exerpt from Wikipedia on this parody episode:-

"In the sixth season of the TV show Frasier, Dr. Laura was parodied in an episode called "Dr. Nora" (played by Christine Baranski). The Dr. Nora character, with biographical details similar to that of Schlessinger, is hired by Frasier to follow up his show on the radio. However, Dr. Nora has a very biting tone, telling a woman who was sleeping with a man before marriage to "keep your knees together." Dr. Laura had originally sponsored Frasier, but publicly pulled her support from the show because she disagreed with the series' tacit endorsement of premarital sex."

It's quite amusing to read her bio, it makes Dr Nora all the funnier! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby chrisj » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:42 am

"The Show Where Woody Shows Up" was completely lame, IMHO. I never liked any of the eps where Cheers people came back. I did kinda like the one where Diane came back though.
"You get the one, you get that other one! Oh, you are SO that other one!"
chrisj

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:45 pm

I've got First, Do No Harm down as my lowest rated ep from this season.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patty Ann » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:47 pm

The Show Where Woody Shows Up is the one I think was the worst. It just seems like they wanted to have a show that had one of the old Cheers fans come on.
Patty Ann

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:48 am

I would have to say Dr. Nora would be my least favorite.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:53 pm

I've always hated Woody. Actually I dislike every episode that was the return of a Cheers character :roll:

The Dr. Nora episode was hilarious. The stuff she said to people was so not right and when she was running from her mom :lol:

The Good Samartian was okay but it wasn't really funny until the end when he picked up the cross-dresser and had to go to the police station. The look on Martin and Niles's faces when Krystal said sorry Dr. Crane was priceless :lol:
crystal_blue0610

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:05 am

crystal_blue0610 wrote:I've always hated Woody. Actually I dislike every episode that was the return of a Cheers character :roll:

:shock:

EVERY episode? Wow! That wipes out some absolutely fantastic Lilith episodes and The Show Where Diane Comes Back which for me, is a classic!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:09 am

Technically every episode, bar a couple, is the return of a Cheers character :wink: but we get your point :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Technically every episode, bar a couple, is the return of a Cheers character :wink: but we get your point :D

:lol: :lol:

I don't even think you can bar a couple! Frasier IS in Head Game. Just not for very long.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Nicholas » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:18 pm

i think that three valentines is the worst episode, because the character doesnt meet each other in the episode.
Nicholas

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Nicholas wrote:i think that three valentines is the worst episode, because the character doesnt meet each other in the episode.

You won't be popular for that choice! :wink:

I know what you mean, in Daphne and Martin's final segment it's nice to have the regular cast interaction back, and of course we did get Frasier and Roz interacting, just not face to face. But as a one off episode, I think this worked very well indeed, I think it's a classic.
Mr Blue Sky

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes