Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Forum Avatars and Signatures

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Re: Forum Avatars and Signatures

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't use Paint. But I have tried doing it that way and they'll show with a jpg extension but when I try and put them up here for my avatar I get the little nag screen that says I need to have my files in jpg format.

That's strange. Ah well, as long as you've found a way that works, that's the main thing.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:11 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:What's your address?

In which reality? :)

I meant to your workmates, actually. I've never had a postcard from anyone before. I wonder if people send them to rub in the fact that they're on holiday and the recipient isn't?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:24 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:What's your address?

In which reality? :)

I meant to your workmates, actually. I've never had a postcard from anyone before. I wonder if people send them to rub in the fact that they're on holiday and the recipient isn't?

Quite possibly! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:43 am

Have a great holiday, BN.

And if anyone needs help with pics, give me a nudge. I'm always happy to sort them out.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:39 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't use Paint. But I have tried doing it that way and they'll show with a jpg extension but when I try and put them up here for my avatar I get the little nag screen that says I need to have my files in jpg format.

That's strange. Ah well, as long as you've found a way that works, that's the main thing.

I JUST figured it out! When I was converting them to jpegs before, I wasn't resaving them so they were still in bmp files!

Just converted my Author, Author cap to a jpeg in Paint, saved it and then reopened it in Picture Manager to change the size.

YAYYYYY! Much less work this way.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:58 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I JUST figured it out! When I was converting them to jpegs before, I wasn't resaving them so they were still in bmp files!

Just converted my Author, Author cap to a jpeg in Paint, saved it and then reopened it in Picture Manager to change the size.

YAYYYYY! Much less work this way.

Brilliant! :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:00 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Have a great holiday, BN.

And if anyone needs help with pics, give me a nudge. I'm always happy to sort them out.

Cheers MC.

On a similar theme, I know I'll be away for a couple of weeks now but if anyone is having trouble with their avatars you can always PM them to me and I'll be happy to se-size them and upload them to your profiles.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 am

Beer Necessity wrote:On a similar theme, I know I'll be away for a couple of weeks now

When the cat's away the mice can play.

Can we run riot?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:11 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:On a similar theme, I know I'll be away for a couple of weeks now

When the cat's away the mice can play.

Can we run riot?

Ok, but this place better e tidy when I come back! :evil:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:14 am

Beer Necessity wrote:Ok, but this place better e tidy when I come back! :evil:

You're an adult. You do the cleaning.

Us kids have fun!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Ok, but this place better e tidy when I come back! :evil:

You're an adult. You do the cleaning.

Us kids have fun!

But that's why you have kids, so they can do the housework as soon as they can move a vaccum cleaner!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Rodge wrote:But that's why you have kids, so they can do the housework as soon as they can move a vaccum cleaner!

Is that what you had to do?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Rodge wrote:But that's why you have kids, so they can do the housework as soon as they can move a vaccum cleaner!

Is that what you had to do?

My Mum has a photo of me actually reaching up to be able to mow the garden! I guess I must have been 7-8! :shock:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Stu » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 am

Stuart Lee wrote:
2) Avatars

These are little pictures which appear under your name when you make a post. Any pictures have to meet the following criteria:

- No bigger than 80 x 80 pixels in size
- File size of no bigger than 25Kb
- Image has to be a gif, jpeg or png file
- No animated avatars are allowed

Without wanting to come down too hard on new forum members too soon, I just wanted to remind everyone of the rules around avatars, in particular the part about no animated avatars.

Could I politely ask that if you have an animated one, you change it to a still image.

I appreciate these rules are not exactly clear when you sign up, but if anyone has any problems or queries about the above, please let me know

Stu
-----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby chrisj » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:50 am

Sorry about the animated avatar. I changed it... :oops:
"You get the one, you get that other one! Oh, you are SO that other one!"
chrisj

Postby Stu » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am

Thanks for the fast response Chris, appreciate it.

I have added the signature and avatar rules into the forum rules and regulations, and will try to make them more pertinent to try and get people to read them etc.

Thanks again

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support