Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Frasier Episode - Season 4

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Poll ended at Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:11 pm

The Two Mrs. Cranes
No votes
Love Bites Dog
No votes
The Impossible Dream
No votes
A Crane's Critique
No votes
Head Game
7%
Mixed Doubles
No votes
A Lilith Thanksgiving
No votes
Our Father Who's Art Ain't Heaven
No votes
Dad Loves Sherry, the Boys Just Whine
No votes
Liar! Liar!
53%
Three Days of the Condo
7%
Death and the Dog
No votes
Four for the Seesaw
7%
To Kill a Talking Bird
No votes
Roz's Krantz & Gouldenstein are Dead
7%
The Unnatural
No votes
Roz's Turn
No votes
Ham Radio
No votes
Three Dates and a Breakup
No votes
Daphne Hates Sherry
No votes
Are You Being Served?
No votes
Ask Me No Questions
13%
Odd Man Out
7%

Total votes : 15

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm

I think it's time for a different approach to these polls! Simply select your least favourite episode from season 4. Eventually, after 11 polls are complete, we will pit them all against each other. Not sure exactly what this will achieve, but I thought it would make a fun change.

Each poll will last a week.
Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:12 pm

Probably a little less consistent than the preceding two seasons, which is odd considering it’s my favourite. My vote goes to "Liar! Liar!", which I found to be a dull affair, save the opening scene in Frasier’s apartment after the SeaBea awards. The story felt forced and the jokes were not up to the season’s previously set standards.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:18 pm

After debating between Love Bites Dog, Head Game and Liar, Liar I too had to go with Liar, Liar.

Love Bites Dog is the worst of the Bulldog episodes (although many give this distinction to The Dog that Rocks the Cradle) with about the only funny part coming when Roz says "Oh my god! It's in love" and I have personal reasons for not liking Head Game (in actuality, it's not such a bad episode) but Liar, Liar just kind of makes me cringe.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:20 pm

Ask Me No Questions - just dull, dull, dull and it drags on for soooo long!

For those people planning to vote for Odd Man Out this season, I feel I must remind you of the first half of this ep which is absolutely hilarious! Niles/Daphne 'stuck tie' incident, Frasier alone and miserable in the restaurant and the great line "Not since Quasimodo strolled the streets of medieval Paris have so many people uttered the phrase, 'That poor man.' "

:lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:After debating between Love Bites Dog, Head Game and Liar, Liar I too had to go with Liar, Liar.

Love Bites Dog is the worst of the Bulldog episodes (although many give this distinction to The Dog that Rocks the Cradle) with about the only funny part coming when Roz says "Oh my god! It's in love" and I have personal reasons for not liking Head Game (in actuality, it's not such a bad episode) but Liar, Liar just kind of makes me cringe.

I really like Love Bites Dog, the final scene when Niles slaps Frasier is hysterical, especially the way they both prance off down the corridor.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:22 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Ask Me No Questions - just dull, dull, dull and it drags on for soooo long!

Yes, that would have been my second choice. The scene with Frasier wandering the street in search of an answer was simply awful.
Paul B

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:24 pm

Paul B wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Ask Me No Questions - just dull, dull, dull and it drags on for soooo long!

Yes, that would have been my second choice. The scene with Frasier wandering the street in search of an answer was simply awful.

Exactly, it felt really clichéd.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Paul B wrote:

Exactly, it felt really clichéd.

And that was my favorite scene in the episode!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:For those people planning to vote for Odd Man Out this season, I feel I must remind you......

that Odd Man Out is a truly great episode and to even THINK of voting for it is a crime punishable by having to sit and watch every Saladin K. Patterson episode over and over and over again!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:47 pm

Liar, Liar - just ahead of Love Bites Dog, for me.

I actually like the wandering the streets scene in AMNQ - it's really a parody rather than cliche.

Are you expecting to see some votes for Odd Man Out, BN?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby ouroboros » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Ooh hey who voted for Four for the Seesaw?

I voted Liar, Liar which would have been followed by Love Bites Dog and then Four for the Seesaw which I would have expected to be an unpopular choice! The end scene really bugs me - it's not often I want to smack Niles upside the head!

I really liked Ask me no Questions and Odd Man Out too.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Rodge » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Four for the Seesaw for me, possibly an unpopular choice, but Niles and those bloody phone calls, just make me want to rip off his ears, and throw them on that log fire! :shock: Also why does Frasier keep answering his knocks at the door - tell the twat to "piss off" and just get shagging!
Plus Beth's voice makes me want to rip off my ears!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby ouroboros » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:54 pm

Rodge wrote:Four for the Seesaw for me, possibly an unpopular choice, but Niles and those bloody phone calls, just make me want to rip off his ears, and throw them on that log fire! :shock: Also why does Frasier keep answering his knocks at the door - tell the twat to "piss off" and just get shagging!

:lol: exactly!!!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:54 pm

Rodge wrote:Four for the Seesaw for me, possibly an unpopular choice, but Niles and those bloody phone calls, just make me want to rip off his ears, and throw them on that log fire! :shock: Also why does Frasier keep answering his knocks at the door - tell the twat to "piss off" and just get shagging!

Ah, the Will & Grace woman! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby ouroboros » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:56 pm

Hmph. I have a soft spot for Karen actually.
ouroboros

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

You just don't like it because you know it makes me hot and that makes you all jealous! :wink:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Are you expecting to see some votes for Odd Man Out, BN?

Possibly not then. Ali75 (remember him?) used to give the episode hellish stick and I constantly had to defend it! I agree the Linda Hamilton segment drags a bit but the first half alone almost elevates the ep to 'classic' status in my book!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

You just don't like it because you know it makes me hot and that makes you all jealous! :wink:

Of course, yet another ep in the KCH canon! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:

Ah, the Will & Grace woman! :lol:

:violent3:
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Are you expecting to see some votes for Odd Man Out, BN?

Possibly not then. Ali75 (remember him?) used to give the episode hellish stick and I constantly had to defend it! I agree the Linda Hamilton segment drags a bit but the first half alone almost elevates the ep to 'classic' status in my book!

I think it's a pretty strong episode in general. I suppose there's always the chance of an irrational hatred - isn't there Cakey ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:07 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Heh, Heh, - a lot of stomach pulling in and chest pushing out goes on in that episode! :wink:
Rodge

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

A scene from Four For the Seesaw is presently my FM avatar!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:17 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

A scene from Four For the Seesaw is presently my FM avatar!

Of course!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:18 pm

Rodge wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Heh, Heh, - a lot of stomach pulling in and chest pushing out goes on in that episode! :wink:

i noticed that, actually! Old Kels was hitting the sauce pretty hard in 96/97... :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:21 pm

Liar! Liar!, the only episode here I'd give less than an A-grade.
Wezzo

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes