Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Under Oath

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

'To tell the Truth' - what would you have done?

Lie, lie until your pants are on fire
89%
Tell the truth no matter what the consequences
11%

Total votes : 19

Postby ouroboros » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:45 am

G'ah I missed out too. So just to clarify in relation to the poll, DHP you would tell Maris' lawyers that Niles' had feelings for Daphne thus leaving him completely bankrupt and allowing Maris to triumph even after everything she put him through and even though she was the one who had an affair?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 am

I'm supposed to be working, but this site just keeps sucking me back in! :(

I tell 'white lies' which are not designed to mislead people, but to spare their feelings.

I've also occasionally told lies which are designed to mislead. It's certainly not something I make a habit of, and I am ashamed of it. However, I'd put money on the fact that I'm not the only one here who's done this at some stage or another.

In 1996, when I left school, we had a 'leaving do'. My family couldn't afford to pay for me to go, so the school paid - the Head of 6th Form organised it for me, and I was really grateful.

The day afterwards, the Head said to me 'so - did you enjoy the meal?'

As it happens, I hadn't, and I told her so. Her face fell, and I imagine she was feeling sorry for me, but also probably wishing that the school hadn't bothered paying if I wasn't grateful.

I was grateful, and if I'd just said 'yes, thank you', I'd have spared her feelings, she would have felt appreciated and she wouldn't have thought badly of me. Eleven years later, I still regret not telling that one little white lie.

In fact, I think in some situations I would feel selfish if I didn't tell a white lie.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby DHP » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:16 pm

ouroboros wrote:G'ah I missed out too. So just to clarify in relation to the poll, DHP you would tell Maris' lawyers that Niles' had feelings for Daphne thus leaving him completely bankrupt and allowing Maris to triumph even after everything she put him through and even though she was the one who had an affair?

I realise you missed the earlier posts, but I mentioned there that I haven't seen the episode, and so haven't a clue what you're talking about I'm afraid. I was just commenting that I'd always tell the truth, and addressing the underlying principle.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Davey Boy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:16 pm

ouroboros wrote:G'ah I missed out too. So just to clarify in relation to the poll, DHP you would tell Maris' lawyers that Niles' had feelings for Daphne thus leaving him completely bankrupt and allowing Maris to triumph even after everything she put him through and even though she was the one who had an affair?

LOL talk about a leading question! :wink:
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby ouroboros » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:59 pm

DHP wrote:I realise you missed the earlier posts, but I mentioned there that I haven't seen the episode, and so haven't a clue what you're talking about I'm afraid. I was just commenting that I'd always tell the truth, and addressing the underlying principle.

Oop I did read the earlier posts but somehow missed that you hadn't seen the episode sorry :oops:

Davey Boy wrote:LOL talk about a leading question!

:P bugger off! Obviously I am at a loss to understand as to how anyone could think that would be the right thing to do in that situation but I set up the poll to find out just that! Perhaps DHP will indulge me when he has seen the episode because I really would like to hear his view on that one. I won't bite I promise! :)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby DHP » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:17 pm

ouroboros wrote:
DHP wrote:I realise you missed the earlier posts, but I mentioned there that I haven't seen the episode, and so haven't a clue what you're talking about I'm afraid. I was just commenting that I'd always tell the truth, and addressing the underlying principle.

Oop I did read the earlier posts but somehow missed that you hadn't seen the episode sorry :oops:

Davey Boy wrote:LOL talk about a leading question!

:P bugger off! Obviously I am at a loss to understand as to how anyone could think that would be the right thing to do in that situation but I set up the poll to find out just that! Perhaps DHP will indulge me when he has seen the episode because I really would like to hear his view on that one. I won't bite I promise! :)

As soon as I see the episode, I'll give an informed response, I promise. I hope to pick up season 6 as soon as it hits the sales, which judging from the rate at which previous seasons and other DVDs have hit the sales, should be in no more than 1 month from now; 2 at most.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby ouroboros » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:30 am

[quote="DHP]As soon as I see the episode, I'll give an informed response, I promise. I hope to pick up season 6 as soon as it hits the sales, which judging from the rate at which previous seasons and other DVDs have hit the sales, should be in no more than 1 month from now; 2 at most.[/quote]

Marvellous stuff :)
ouroboros

Postby domi_dot_com » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:08 am

ouroboros wrote:[

That was a really good episode,i think i would have lied because of what maris did, what niles did was nothing compared. Have you seen the episode Visions of Daphnee ? i cried :P
Last edited by domi_dot_com on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
5HRINK
domi_dot_com

Postby Agides » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:22 am

domi_dot_com wrote:Oooh, i just got season 6 , but i ordered it from paramount. That was a really good episode, i'm catholic but i think i would have lied because of what maris did, what niles did was nothing compared. Have you seen the episode Visions of Daphnee ? i cried :wink:

That's a fantastic episode - I graded it A+ on the 'Last Frasier Episode You Watched' thread. I cry everytime I watch it. :)
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:44 am

Agides wrote:
domi_dot_com wrote:Oooh, i just got season 6 , but i ordered it from paramount. That was a really good episode, i'm catholic but i think i would have lied because of what maris did, what niles did was nothing compared. Have you seen the episode Visions of Daphnee ? i cried :wink:

That's a fantastic episode - I graded it A+ on the 'Last Frasier Episode You Watched' thread. I cry everytime I watch it. :)

I get a bit teary eyed watching that one too.

DHP puts on a masterful performance in that episode.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes