Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fan Dividers - Ham Radio!

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

What Do You Think Of Ham Radio?

Best episode ever ever ever!!!
35%
I like it, but there are better episodes.
65%

Total votes : 48

Fan Dividers - Ham Radio!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Ok, so the first thread of this ilk went pretty well (from my point of view, anyway! :D ) so we'll deal with another bugbear of mine - is Ham Radio the best Frasier episode ever ever ever?

Two options here. I don't think any fan of Frasier could truly say they hated the episode (could they?) so instead I've narrowed the toptions down to "Best episode ever ever ever!" and "I like it, but there are better episodes".

Personally, I can't put my finger on why I don't consider this Frasier's finest hour. All the ingredients are certainly there. I loved it on first viewing but it's since lost it's shine for me. I'd still place it in the 'classic' bracket (maybe 82/83%) but only just and it would struggle to make my top 50 episodes.

Happy voting! :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:38 pm

I've seen it too many times, the novelty's worn off. :(
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Paul B » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:38 pm

Seen it four times and it's still my favourite episode. But who knows, it might wear off - I haven't seen any episode of Frasier more than five times.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:39 pm

Don't know what to vote for here. It's in my Top 5, but it's not my favourite episode ever, ever... so which one do I vote for?
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:01 pm

Seen it ten times - best episode ever ever ever EVAR!!1
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Don't know what to vote for here. It's in my Top 5, but it's not my favourite episode ever, ever... so which one do I vote for?

If it's not your favourite, then it would probably be best to vote for "I like it."
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:06 pm

I voted for "Best."
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:42 pm

It currently ranks joint 38th in my episode list, so it's the latter option for me.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm

I like it but there are better episodes..such as Dial M for Martin, Halloween and...............Author, Author :P :D
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:It currently ranks joint 38th in my episode list, so it's the latter option for me.

Which episode is coupled with it?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:48 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:It currently ranks joint 38th in my episode list, so it's the latter option for me.

It's in good company with more than one episode. I gave it 92%, along with:

11.03: The Doctor Is Out
2.07: The Candidate
11.23: Goodnight, Seattle [1]
2.22: Agents In America, Part III
1.21: Travels With Martin
5.01: Frasier's Imaginary Friend
3.01: She's The Boss
6.08: The Seal Who Came To Dinner
6.14: Three Valentines

obviously nobody will agree with the episodes i equal it to, but there you go.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I do. :D
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm

I like it but it's not even in my top 5! It's hysterically funny and remains that way for me but I would put

The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl, Room Service, She's the Boss,
Sleeping With the Enemy
and High Holidays in front of it for sure. Possibly a few others as well.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:26 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I'd say a few of those episodes were on a par, but I'd rate 4 of them higher I think, especially FIF and TDIO which both make my top 10.

So far, the "I think there are better episodes" option is winning the day! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 am

It's definitely not my favourite, much as I love it. As with a few other people here, there's just something that holds it back from being at the top of my list. Maybe it's over-familiarity, maybe it's something else!
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 am

Bad Ambassador wrote:It's definitely not my favourite, much as I love it. As with a few other people here, there's just something that holds it back from being at the top of my list. Maybe it's over-familiarity, maybe it's something else!

Yeah, I can't quite put my finger on it either. There's lots to like (it's probably the most Gil-centred episode of them all) but after a couple of viewings I get a 'been there, done that' feel whenever I stick it on. It says something that this is one of the episodes I used to skip when I'd taped 14 eps in one weekend from Paramount in the 90s - I've felt this way for a very long time. If I'm in the mood for it I can still really enjoy it though, but I don't seek the episode out to watch on it's own, like I do with many others (The Ski Lodge; The Doctor Is Out; Dial M For Martin, etc.)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:57 am

Well, it's not my favourite episode of all-time, so I guess I'll have to vote for the second option, although I can't help but think you're going to use this poll as evidence to show that 'Ham Radio' is overrated. :)
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:19 am

Cake for Brains wrote:I can't help but think you're going to use this poll as evidence to show that 'Ham Radio' is overrated. :)

Damn right! Quick BN, close the poll! :P
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:26 am

Beer Necessity wrote: There's lots to like (it's probably the most Gil-centred episode of them all) but after a couple of viewings I get a 'been there, done that' feel whenever I stick it on.

Go on, all tell me I'm wrong now, but in my mind that's a reason to dislike it! If I had to name my least favourite character, it would definitely be Gil.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote: There's lots to like (it's probably the most Gil-centred episode of them all) but after a couple of viewings I get a 'been there, done that' feel whenever I stick it on.

Go on, all tell me I'm wrong now, but in my mind that's a reason to dislike it! If I had to name my least favourite character, it would definitely be Gil.

Ooh, is this our first disagreement? :wink:

I think Gil's great, his pithy one-liners can make an episode for me. Joe Keenan used him the best (i.e. sparingly) but I do love Ted Hibbert's performance in Ham Radio - so indignant! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:37 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Well, it's not my favourite episode of all-time, so I guess I'll have to vote for the second option, although I can't help but think you're going to use this poll as evidence to show that 'Ham Radio' is overrated. :)

Yeah, I know it's not exactly a fair poll as tio vote for the first option Ham Radio has to beat 263 other episodes of Frasier! The fact that 5 people have voted it top is testament to it's enduring popularity.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 am

Beer Necessity wrote:Ooh, is this our first disagreement? :wink:

I think Gil's great, his pithy one-liners can make an episode for me. Joe Keenan used him the best (i.e. sparingly) but I do love Ted Hibbert's performance in Ham Radio - so indignant! :lol:

I think it's his voice that grates on me - is that supposed to be an English accent, or what?! :x
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:51 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Ooh, is this our first disagreement? :wink:

I think it's his voice that grates on me - is that supposed to be an English accent, or what?! :x

Yeah, but I love how they make reference to that (I think in Frasier Cranes Day Off) when Frasier says "Yeah, I don't like his phoney British accent much either!" :lol:

I love Gil - he's my favourite outside the core cast.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:48 pm

Gil's great. He's so...Gil.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby ouroboros » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:00 pm

I like it very much I think it makes my top ten actually (albeit 10th) but there are far superior ones like 'Look Before you Leap', 'My Coffee with Niles', 'Room Service', 'High Holidays' etc etc.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes