Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What type of alcohol do you prefer to drink on a night out?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

What type of alcohol do you prefer to drink on a night out?

Alcopops
12%
Beer / cider
44%
Liqueurs
No votes
Spirits with a mixer
12%
Spirits neat
4%
Wine
12%
Cocktails
No votes
I prefer non-alcoholic drinks
16%

Total votes : 25

Postby kat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm

woggle wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote::lol:

Wow I didn't realise it was such a stereotype. When I think of stereotype, tea is the first thing that pops into my head, but not Pimms! I'm really not sure where drinking that is the tradition, but apparently it made me think it was popular all over the UK :oops:

Like I said, maybe it's more popular than I'm aware of? In my head, it tends to be associated with summer events such as Wimbledon.

I always think of that advert ' pimms o clock ' makes me think its a posh drink .

yeah, makes me picture people in marquees at horse races
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Lil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote::lol:

Wow I didn't realise it was such a stereotype. When I think of stereotype, tea is the first thing that pops into my head, but not Pimms! I'm really not sure where drinking that is the tradition, but apparently it made me think it was popular all over the UK :oops:

Like I said, maybe it's more popular than I'm aware of? In my head, it tends to be associated with summer events such as Wimbledon.

I'm sure you're right with being associated with summer events. And like Kat said, horse races and all. :lol:
Lil

Postby Karin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 pm

kat wrote:
Karin wrote:On a night out I usually drink Radler, which is beer mixed with a soft drink like Sprite or 7Up. Sometimes we mix it with Coke, too. It's a little sweeter than just beer and I prefer that.

I like wine as well, but I hardly ever have it when I go out.

I only really drink wine when I got to restraunts, which is annoyingly infrequently

That's when I like to drink wine, too. And I love having a glass of wine while curling up on the sofa at night and watching Frasier :D
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby kat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Karin wrote:
kat wrote:
Karin wrote:On a night out I usually drink Radler, which is beer mixed with a soft drink like Sprite or 7Up. Sometimes we mix it with Coke, too. It's a little sweeter than just beer and I prefer that.

I only really drink wine when I got to restraunts, which is annoyingly infrequently

That's when I like to drink wine, too. And I love having a glass of wine while curling up on the sofa at night and watching Frasier :D

I tend to have a beer when watching Frasier, although I am drinking peppermint tea whilst watching it at the moment
kat

Postby woggle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm

kat wrote:
Karin wrote:
kat wrote:

I tend to have a beer when watching Frasier, although I am drinking peppermint tea whilst watching it at the moment

:lol: That makes you sound posh , is it in a little tea cup and is ur pinky sticking out when you take a sip .
woggle

Postby kat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm

woggle wrote:
kat wrote:
Karin wrote:
kat wrote:

:lol: That makes you sound posh , is it in a little tea cup and is ur pinky sticking out when you take a sip .

nope, it's in a pint mug that says boss lady on it
kat

Postby woggle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:38 pm

^^^^^ hahaha how very you ..
woggle

Postby kat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

woggle wrote:^^^^^ hahaha how very you ..

hmmmm I don't know how to take that, for your information it was a gift when my dad stopped being a scout leader the lads gave it to me
kat

Postby welshben23 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Either Jack Daniels and Coke or Vodka and Coke. Sometimes I remove the coke. Very rarely I have Beer or Cider.
welshben23

Postby Lil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Karin wrote:
kat wrote:

You mean to tell me you don't drink sherry whilst watching Frasier? :)
Lil

Postby Agides » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 pm

What I drink depends on what I'm doing (ie if I'm designated driver, if I'm eating out, what I'm eating etc) but at the moment it's non-alcoholic only, so that's where my vote went.
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Karin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 pm

LaughingIsLife wrote:
Karin wrote:
kat wrote:

Nope. Sherry - which you should know, is a fortified wine :wink: - is too strong for my taste.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby Lil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Karin wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:
Karin wrote:
kat wrote:

Nope. Sherry - which you should know, is a fortified wine :wink: - is too strong for my taste.

Ah that's good to know. I should try it someday, since watching Frasier, I'm fascinated to know what it's like.
Lil

Postby woggle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm

kat wrote:

hmmmm I don't know how to take that, for your information it was a gift when my dad stopped being a scout leader the lads gave it to me

Your dad had a mug that said boss lady on it :? or did i read that wrong .
woggle

Postby kat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:01 pm

woggle wrote:
kat wrote:

Your dad had a mug that said boss lady on it :? or did i read that wrong .

you read that wrong, the scouts gave me the boss lady one, they gave him an engraved beer mug and lots of beer
kat

Postby Daphne K » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:42 am

Alcopops. But only Gin and Tonic. :wink:
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:01 am

Jack Daniels, or Carlsberg beer.

Either one is good.
5HR1NK

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am

Bottled beers/pilsners in pubs, or (mainly red) wine in restaurants.

And why the hell is Beer and Cider lumped together? I've never actually found any cider that i've liked. And, you know when Rodge gets back he'll spank you for not dividing real ale from lager in the beer stakes ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:59 am

Moon-Crane wrote:And why the hell is Beer and Cider lumped together? I've never actually found any cider that i've liked. And, you know when Rodge gets back he'll spank you for not dividing real ale from lager in the beer stakes ;)

They're all served in pint glasses, what's the problem? ;)

:lol: Sorry, there were too many categories and I was trying to cut them down. I don't like white wine, so I suppose I could have had a separate category for red and white. But this is more of an overview.

Besides, if I've gained a spanking from Rodge, then it's turned out all right after all! ;)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm generally a beer drinker though on occasion I'll drink Jameson and Coke.

Cider isn't big around here at all. I don't know anyone who drinks it on a regular basis. I've had a few here and there and like the taste for a few sips but then it gets too sweet for me.

As for the Pimm's question LiL asked, I'd never heard of the stuff until I started posting here. I don't even know what it is. I also don't have any idea what "Alcopop" is.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:30 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't even know what it is. I also don't have any idea what "Alcopop" is.

They're not so popular now, but there was a bit of a 'fad' for them here a few years ago. They're small bottles of alcoholic fruity drinks, such as alcoholic lemonade. There was a fuss made about them because people were drinking loads - they're pretty 'easy' to drink, and they were 'cool' so kids were getting their hands on them.

Do you have Bacardi Breezers? They're a rum-based alcopop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacardi_Breezer

Edit: And here's a Wiki entry on Alcopops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcopop
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Oh yeah, we have those things. Like Mike's Hard Lemonade and we have the Bacardi stuff too. Mike's is good when it's a really hot summer day. But they're too sweet for me most of the time and I can only drink one or two at most.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:28 pm

'Hooch' was one of the first alcopops we had, I think. The lemon one tasted like washing up liquid to me. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:'Hooch' was one of the first alcopops we had, I think. The lemon one tasted like washing up liquid to me. :lol:

They're all vile, the only slightly palatable on is Smirnoff Black Ice
kat

Postby Agides » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't even know what it is. I also don't have any idea what "Alcopop" is.

They're not so popular now, but there was a bit of a 'fad' for them here a few years ago. They're small bottles of alcoholic fruity drinks, such as alcoholic lemonade. There was a fuss made about them because people were drinking loads - they're pretty 'easy' to drink, and they were 'cool' so kids were getting their hands on them.

Do you have Bacardi Breezers? They're a rum-based alcopop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacardi_Breezer

Those things are bloody lethal because they only taste of the fruit.
My one (and only) experience of them resulted in me slumped in a friend's son's football net at a barbecue one Summer. :?
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes