Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Apostrophe Rule Abuse Game

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 1:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:not sure if this is the right place to put this

Hell, this may as well become a Grammar Nazi thread IA, I should have thought through my original 'game' more thoroughly - it was always going to be too much of a ball ache for people to play!

ok will look out for bad grammer everywhere I go now!!! :D

Bad Grammer? Would that be Kelsey during his druggie days?

GrammAr. :)

Erm, Cat?

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Obviously a complete no-no is just cutting and pasting posts from forums

I know the irony's quite funny, and no harm was meant, but if we start picking apart posts on the forum things will get poisonous pretty darn quickly! :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 pm

It just made me laugh. Like the time a guy on another board accused me of being remedial and he spelled remedial incorrectly!

Besides I couldn't pass up the line about Bad Grammer being Kelsey in his druggie days!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 pm

I must admit I get 'jumpy' around threads about bad grammar, I read my posts through loads of times before I press 'send' just in case I've got something wrong. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 2:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:It just made me laugh. Like the time a guy on another board accused me of being remedial and he spelled remedial incorrectly!

I know, but I've been there (so's Strat! :wink: ) and it just leads to bad feelings. That's why we have to preclude users from this forum at the very least, otherwise we'll have an all out spelling war (and we know what that can lead to - an utterly shite episode of Frasier! :lol: )

Besides I couldn't pass up the line about Bad Grammer being Kelsey in his druggie days!

I know, I can understand that being too hard to resist! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 20, 2008 2:06 pm

My apologies. I meant no harm. Now I feel like an idiot.

I'll just tuck my tail between my legs and leave now! :oops:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:My apologies. I meant no harm. Now I feel like an idiot.

Nah, it was funny, and I'm sure IA will see the funny side too! I can see what BS means about us not picking up on each other's grammar, it could definitely lead to bad feeling. But you gave us a laugh Cat, so no harm done I'd say. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:My apologies. I meant no harm. Now I feel like an idiot.

Aww cum bak! Aye dont minde ewe riping mi pots too shrids! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Ok, to make up for my faux pas, I'll pick on myself for a post!

I was just in the Link the Episode thread and my episode was Sliding Frasiers. However, I first entered it as Sliding Frasier's!

Then I thought to myself, Sliding Frasier's what? There are some things belonging to Frasier that I'd like to slide but that belongs on a different thread! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 2:28 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ok, to make up for my faux pas, I'll pick on myself for a post!

I was just in the Link the Episode thread and my episode was Sliding Frasiers. However, I first entered it as Sliding Frasier's!

Then I thought to myself, Sliding Frasier's what? There are some things belonging to Frasier that I'd like to slide but that belongs on a different thread! :D

:lol:

I made a faux pas too apparently, with the bread sauce and stuffing, so we'll both feel humble together. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 2:38 pm

way to make me feel like a cnut, ladies! :wink:

(oh wait, I am! :lol: )
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ok, to make up for my faux pas, I'll pick on myself for a post!

Hehe, the first 5000 or so of my posts are littered with errors - every time I used to refer to a decade I'd say the 1980's or 1990's. Funny how that superfluous apostrophe now bugs the hell out of me in other people's posts! :lol:
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Tue May 20, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Karin » Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 pm

:shock: :shock:
( :wink: )
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Oh, so we're picking on Stu now? Cool! :D

The man can take it, he's got broad shoulders. And I should know, having seen him almost naked! :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Karin wrote::shock: :shock:
( :wink: )

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Dorset Girl on Tue May 20, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:way to make me feel like a cnut, ladies! :wink:

Aah, nah, you're not! This guy, however...

Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Hehe, the first 5000 or so of my posts are littered with errors - every time I used to refer to a decade I'd say the 1980's or 1990's. Funny how that superfluous apostrophe now bugs the hell out of me in other people's posts! :lol:

:lol: What day?? :wink: :P
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 20, 2008 3:06 pm

welshben23 wrote::lol: What day?? :wink: :P

Nooo, stop! Do not go down this road!

Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
welshben23 wrote::lol: What day?? :wink: :P

Nooo, stop! Do not go down this road!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 3:08 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Oh, I don't know. Think it was a Tuesday.

(Mods privilege :wink: )
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Tue May 20, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:way to make me feel like a cnut, ladies! :wink:

Aah, nah, you're not! This guy, however...

Hehe, at least we're rid of him in a few months!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

:lol: :lol: Mods cheating to look good and make Ben look like a prat you mean. :D I can do that very easy without any help. :wink:
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 3:15 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

:lol: :lol: Mods cheating to look good and make Ben look like a prat you mean. :D I can do that very easy without any help. :wink:

You stole my line you bugger! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Tue May 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Sorry I spelt grammar wrong and started this whole thing, wish i could say it was intended, but the would be a lie!!! :oops: :D
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Sorry I spelt grammar wrong and started this whole thing, wish i could say it was intended, but the would be a lie!!! :oops: :D

You trouble maker, you! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Sorry I spelt grammar wrong and started this whole thing, wish i could say it was intended, but the would be a lie!!! :oops: :D

You trouble maker, you! :D

:shock: how did you know my middle name? :wink:
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes