Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Cats or Dogs

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Cats or Dogs?

Cats!!!
50%
Dogs!!!
50%

Total votes : 20

Cats or Dogs

Postby Chocolate Fan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:05 pm

The pet pictures thread has inspired me! Which do you like better; Cats or Dogs?

As I've said before, cats emerge as a clear winner for me. they are generally less violent, more intelligent, and they're easier to look after. For some people, I can see that the care for a dog is a big part of owning them, but I don't have much time, so my cat is intelligent enough to clean himself, go to the toilet by himself and keep himself company which means I only need to feed him and let him in/out. (Of course, I we do love him, but he's bery independent). Works in well with a busy family!

What I don't like about dogs: too boisterous, and dumb "ooh, a stick!!!" :lol:
Chocolate Fan

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm

This is not an easy question to answer. I'm a cat-owner, so I obviously like cats, but tbh I'm viewed as nothing more than waiting staff by mine!!

Dogs, on the other hand, are affectionate, loyal and great company even if they require more work.

I think I've convinced myself to vote 'dogs'.
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Paul B » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:14 pm

As much as I love Floyd, I've had cats around me for all 17 years of my life so they get my vote.
Paul B

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Cats! I love both, in fact there are no animals that I don't like. But I'm definitely a 'cat' person.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Cats! I love both, in fact there are no animals that I don't like. But I'm definitely a 'cat' person.

Not really an animal person to be honest so to those who are, I apologise in advance for what's about to come:

A dog is not just for Christmas - if you're frugal there should be enough left for New Year as well :wink:
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Dogs for me. Very loyal and affectionate. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

I like cats as well though.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:08 pm

There's no option for both so I didn't vote!

I grew up with dogs. I have a cat now because I can't have a dog where I live. Plus, my lifestyle isn't conducive to owning a dog. (not home enough, live in a small apartment).

I love them both and I'd have both if I could.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Karin » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:21 pm

I have a dog as well as two cats, so it's hard for me to vote.
If I had to, I guess I'd say dogs. Just because they're more loyal and affectionate.
But it's not easy, I love both.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby Wezzo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Cats. I do like some dogs but not all.
Wezzo

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Agides wrote:This is not an easy question to answer. I'm a cat-owner, so I obviously like cats, but tbh I'm viewed as nothing more than waiting staff by mine!!

Dogs, on the other hand, are affectionate, loyal and great company even if they require more work.

I think I've convinced myself to vote 'dogs'

My feelings exactly. I had a minor incident with a dog when I was a very young lad. Even so I still voted for dogs.
welshben23

Postby woggle » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:33 pm

i have had both as pets in the past and working in stables ive been around a lot of dogs soooo i voted for them .........
woggle

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:This is not an easy question to answer. I'm a cat-owner, so I obviously like cats, but tbh I'm viewed as nothing more than waiting staff by mine!!

My feelings exactly. I had a minor incident with a dog when I was a very young lad. Even so I still voted for dogs.

Me too! And it also hasn't put me off dogs. :)
Agides

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:43 pm

Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

:shock: What happened?
welshben23

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

A dog attacked my arm when I was quietly and calmly walking past it. It was very frightening at the time but no real damage was done.

How about your minor incident??
Agides

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

A dog attacked my arm when I was quietly and calmly walking past it. It was very frightening at the time but no real damage was done.

That's far worse than mine. When I was in a pushchair a dog came up to me and barked very loudly at me for quite a while.
welshben23

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:59 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

That's far worse than mine. When I was in a pushchair a dog came up to me and barked very loudly at me for quite a while.

I would say that's pretty horrid too. I don't like dogs barking cos you don't know exactly what's going through their mind and what they may do next.
Agides

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 pm

Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

I would say that's pretty horrid too. I don't like dogs barking cos you don't know exactly what's going through their mind and what they may do next.

That's the thing, I love dogs but don't like barking dogs :) Small dogs are my favourites.
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:04 pm

I was bitten by an Alsatian when I was 12. I was at my friend's house, she opened the gate to feed him and he got out, and made a nice hole in my leg! :lol: We were at home alone, so we had to go around to the next door neighbour, who luckily was a retired nurse.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:06 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

That's the thing, I love dogs but don't like barking dogs :) Small dogs are my favourites.

If you see my post above, you'll see what my preference is!!
Agides

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I was bitten by an Alsatian when I was 12. I was at my friend's house, she opened the gate to feed him and he got out, and made a nice hole in my leg! :lol: We were at home alone, so we had to go around to the next door neighbour, who luckily was a retired nurse.

:shock:

That's nasty!
Agides

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Agides wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I was bitten by an Alsatian when I was 12. I was at my friend's house, she opened the gate to feed him and he got out, and made a nice hole in my leg! :lol: We were at home alone, so we had to go around to the next door neighbour, who luckily was a retired nurse.

That's nasty!

Yeah...OWW! Luckily and touch wood :) I've never been bitten or scratched by a dog or cat.
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:

That's nasty!

Yeah...OWW! Luckily and touch wood :) I've never been bitten or scratched by a dog or cat.

I was really worried that I was going to get blood on their couch, I didn't know them very well and their house was quite posh. :lol:

You've never been scratched by a cat Ben? I've lost count of the times they've scratched me and drawn blood. It must be hundreds and hundreds, I reckon! When I'm sitting here at the PC, all three of them have a habit of coming and putting a paw on my knee when they want food. They usually dig their claws in for good measure. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Agides wrote:

That's nasty!

I was really worried that I was going to get blood on their couch, I didn't know them very well and their house was quite posh. :lol:

You've never been scratched by a cat Ben? I've lost count of the times they've scratched me and drawn blood. It must be hundreds and hundreds, I reckon! When I'm sitting here at the PC, all three of them have a habit of coming and putting a paw on my knee when they want food. They usually dig their claws in for good measure. :lol:

I've had them put their paws on my knees yeah, my neighbours cat used to put his paws around my neck like he was cuddling me :) But blood has never been drawn no.
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:06 am

Cats every time. And if you give a cat as much time and energy as most people give dogs, they are very affectionate and loyal. Our cat refuses to sleep anywhere else than between my legs in bed. She'll then wake me each morning with a rough licking. (Yes I am still refering to my cat!)
I have had dogs in the past, but none as affectionate as my cat.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:10 am

Rodge wrote:Cats every time. And if you give a cat as much time and energy as most people give dogs, they are very affectionate and loyal. Our cat refuses to sleep anywhere else than between my legs in bed. She'll then wake me each morning with a rough licking. (Yes I am still refering to my cat!)
I have had dogs in the past, but none as affectionate as my cat.

*Tries really, really hard to let this pass by without comment*
Dorset Girl

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes