Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Do you feel festive?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Yep. Can't wait.
67%
No. Couldn't care less.
33%

Total votes : 15

Do you feel festive?

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:21 am

With five days to Christmas, are you looking forward to it? Are you in the Christmas spirit? Do you feel all jolly and festive?

Personally, I still feel very Scrooge-esque about the whole thing. Usually love it, but this year I just can't be bothered.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:23 am

Well, I feel a bit more festive this year, hearing Christmas music in Tesco probably helped and we have a nice tree. Plus I'm getting a PS3, which is the true spirit of the holidays, right? :wink:

I just hope my cat's mouth surgery goes OK tomorrow - nothing too major, but there's always a slight risk with anasthetic - or I'll be feeling decidedly less festive this Christmas.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:26 am

Well, I feel a bit more festive this year, hearing Christmas music in Tesco probably helped and we have a nice tree. Plus I'm getting a PS3, which is the true spirit of the holidays, right?

I'm getting mostly DVDs, but I don't really feel excited about any of them (no, not even Battlestar Galactica S2!) Talk about ungrateful.

We've got the tree up. I've heard loads of Christmas music. Still nothing. Christmas Day for me will probably just involve walking the dogs, eating and drinking a lot, and watching the new Doctor Who.

I just hope my cat's mouth surgery goes OK tomorrow - nothing too major, but there's always a slight risk with anasthetic - or I'll be feeling decidedly less festive this Christmas.

Aww... hope everything goes ok with your cat tomorrow. I'm sure it will.
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:29 am

Cake for Brains wrote:I'm getting mostly DVDs, but I don't really feel excited about any of them (no, not even Battlestar Galactica S2!) Talk about ungrateful.

S2 is worth getting excited about. :)

Cake for Brains wrote:We've got the tree up. I've heard loads of Christmas music. Still nothing. Christmas Day for me will probably just involve walking the dogs, eating and drinking a lot, and watching the new Doctor Who.

I'm not really doing anything big this year, just a few dinners with different parts of the family. It also feels less exciting for me now that I have a job, and haven't been waiting for loads of things all year.

Cake for Brains wrote:Aww... hope everything goes ok with your cat tomorrow. I'm sure it will.

Thanks. :) I'm probably just paranoid since my granny's cat went in for surgery a few years ago, and then died on Christmas day - but she was considerably worse, Rosie (my cat) only has rotten teeth. Whose dumbass idea was it to put sugar in cat food? Poor thing also has a limp at the moment, too.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:33 am

S2 is worth getting excited about. :)

Hope so. Not more exciting than dog walking though, surely?

I've still not watched the mini-series yet actually. Bad me!

I'm not really doing anything big this year, just a few dinners with different parts of the family. It also feels less exciting for me now that I have a job, and haven't been waiting for loads of things all year.

See, you're as much of a Scrooge as me! I'm at Dad's for Christmas, which means I probably won't get to see Mum until after New Year, which isn't ideal. Christmas dinner should be good though. :)

Thanks. I'm probably just paranoid since my granny's cat went in for surgery a few years ago, and then died on Christmas day - but she was considerably worse, Rosie (my cat) only has rotten teeth. Whose dumbass idea was it to put sugar in cat food? Poor thing also has a limp at the moment, too.

Oh dear. Hope she's alright. Let me know how it goes tomorrow.

We got two cats in the summer. It's quite nice having them around.
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:36 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Hope so. Not more exciting than dog walking though, surely?

You need to get one of those 'dog-walkers' they had on Dragon's Den the other day... you could do both at the same time! Although to be fair, the device is only meant for dogs recovering from injuries.

Cake for Brains wrote:See, you're as much of a Scrooge as me! I'm at Dad's for Christmas, which means I probably won't get to see Mum until after New Year, which isn't ideal. Christmas dinner should be good though. :)

My parents are together so there's never been a problem of 'who gets who', thankfully. To be honest though, Christmas dinner just feels like a standard Sunday roast...

Oh great, you really have turned me into a scrooge!

Cake for Brains wrote:Oh dear. Hope she's alright. Let me know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks. :)
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:41 am

You need to get one of those 'dog-walkers' they had on Dragon's Den the other day... you could do both at the same time! Although to be fair, the device is only meant for dogs recovering from injuries.

One of the dogs is bordering on obese, so maybe that counts as an injury? :) She needs all the exercise she can get.

My parents are together so there's never been a problem of 'who gets who', thankfully. To be honest though, Christmas dinner just feels like a standard Sunday roast...

You don't get turkey and those sausages wrapped in bacon on a typical Sunday roast though! It's all good. :)

Oh great, you really have turned me into a scrooge!

You should avoid me at the moment. You'll just infected with the misery bug.
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:43 am

Cake for Brains wrote:One of the dogs is bordering on obese, so maybe that counts as an injury? :) She needs all the exercise she can get.

Any excuse not to walk the dog! :wink:

Cake for Brains wrote:You don't get turkey and those sausages wrapped in bacon on a typical Sunday roast though! It's all good. :)

Never tried sausages wrapped in bacon, surprisingly. And we have turkey at other times of the year... it's probably my least favourite meat actually.

Cake for Brains wrote:You should avoid me at the moment. You'll just infected with the misery bug.

Aw, I'm sure you will feel a bit better on the big day. Presents and all that. You'll feel differently about them once you have them. :)
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 am

Any excuse not to walk the dog! :wink:

I love walking the doors, even though I usually get filthy. There's a big wood and loads of fields where my Dad lives, so it's like a big muddy, boggy, swampy assault course.

Never tried sausages wrapped in bacon, surprisingly. And we have turkey at other times of the year... it's probably my least favourite meat actually.

Me too, probably. It's a bit... dry. But because it's Christmas, and it's what you're supposed to have, it doesn't matter.

And you've not sausages wrapped in bacon... you've not lived! :P

Aw, I'm sure you will feel a bit better on the big day. Presents and all that. You'll feel differently about them once you have them.

Time will tell. I won't get half of them on the big day, come to think of it. Aw, I'm even more depressed now... :)
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:52 am

Cake for Brains wrote:I love walking the doors, even though I usually get filthy. There's a big wood and loads of fields where my Dad lives, so it's like a big muddy, boggy, swampy assault course.

Sounds like fun. Used to be a lot of that sort of thing where I used to live... a lovely canal too. It's all rather dull around here.

Cake for Brains wrote:And you've not sausages wrapped in bacon... you've not lived! :P

Make me some, then. I'll gladly let you put your meat in me.

OK, that was bad, even for me! :shock:

Cake for Brains wrote:Time will tell. I won't get half of them on the big day, come to think of it. Aw, I'm even more depressed now... :)

It's a shame parents can't put aside their differences and have a Christmas together, it would be nice for everyone involved. Do they not get along then?
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:57 am

Sounds like fun. Used to be a lot of that sort of thing where I used to live... a lovely canal too. It's all rather dull around here.

It's great at Dad's. He lives on a farm, in the middle of nowhere. Dogs, cats, horses, fields... lovely. Bit remote, but I quite like that - but that's because I'm an anti-social recluse or something.

Make me some, then. I'll gladly let you put your meat in me.

OK, that was bad, even for me!

Hm, it was pretty bad. I'd still do it though. I'd happy put my sausage inside you. :P

It's a shame parents can't put aside their differences and have a Christmas together, it would be nice for everyone involved. Do they not get along then?

Sadly not. Although they're not as bad as they used to be. With Mum and Das both having children to different partners, getting together on Christmas Day could prove a bit problematic. Apparentally, my Dad's invited my ex-stepmother to Christmas dinner, which seems a bit odd. What's going on there, I wonder? :)
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:57 am

I'm more festive this year than I have been in the past 4 years! Definitely looking forward to Christmas.

I hope all goes well with your kitty Paul. Are they pulling her teeth? Poor little thing. :cry:

:cat: Rudy sends his best wishes to her!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:00 am

Cake for Brains wrote:It's great at Dad's. He lives on a farm, in the middle of nowhere. Dogs, cats, horses, fields... lovely. Bit remote, but I quite like that - but that's because I'm an anti-social recluse or something.

Sounds rather nice - I like being in remote places. Seems like the perfect Christmas setting.

Cake for Brains wrote:Hm, it was pretty bad. I'd still do it though. I'd happy put my sausage inside you. :P

:oops:

Cake for Brains wrote:Sadly not. Although they're not as bad as they used to be. With Mum and Das both having children to different partners, getting together on Christmas Day could prove a bit problematic. Apparentally, my Dad's invited my ex-stepmother to Christmas dinner, which seems a bit odd. What's going on there, I wonder? :)

Sounds like a confusing family! Mine is relatively simple, although both my mum and dad's parents divorced.

Anyway I'm off to bed now (well, to watch DVDs technically) - nice chatting with you again. Goodnight!
Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:01 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I hope all goes well with your kitty Paul. Are they pulling her teeth? Poor little thing. :cry:

Yeah, something like that. We had no idea that the cat food we've been giving her had so much sugar... it's just pointless, they don't even need it.

CatNamedRudy wrote::cat: Rudy sends his best wishes to her!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I'm off now - goodnight!
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:04 am

Sounds rather nice - I like being in remote places. Seems like the perfect Christmas setting.

It will be if it snows! We'll probably still get loads of visitors popping in and out, so it won't be as peaceful and relaxing as it sounds.

Sounds like a confusing family! Mine is relatively simple, although both my mum and dad's parents divorced.

Families can be very complicated and annoying. Ah well, I'll never get married or have kids, so I'll be fine. :)

Anyway I'm off to bed now (well, to watch DVDs technically) - nice chatting with you again. Goodnight!

Enjoy the DVDs! I wanted an early night, actually - got a train catch in the morning. Sleep well.
Cake for Brains

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:18 am

Me and my basketball buddies are going to spend the night at someone house, watch christmas movies and eat cookies. The holiday movies always put me in a good mood.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 pm

I don't feel particularly festive at the mo, but we're going late-night shopping tonight, so perhaps that'll put me in the mood. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:13 pm

I don't feel as festive as I did when I was a kid. But I'm not voting for couldn't care less. I am a little excited. :)
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:34 pm

I love this time of year, no matter what. Even crap years are good at Christmas :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm looking more forward to it this year than I did last year. Last time, we were due to move house on 28th December, and pretty much everything we owned was packed up in boxes ready to go. We had no decorations whatsoever because they had already been moved to our new house, and for Christmas lunch we had lasagne. :lol:

I love cooking a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, but I don't think I can do it this year, as standing up for too long at the mo is a problem! So my mum's cooking, and we're eating in my sister's house (next door). It should be fun as her eldest daughter is now two, and will be really excited about opening her presents.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Yeah, I'm feeling festive - maybe less so than in past years, but that's to be expected as you grow older. It's still far and away my favourite time of year.
Wezzo

Postby ouroboros » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:27 pm

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la"

Actually I was just feeling 'nice' as it's the winter season but today I purchased a snowman and a large red altar candle which I have set up in my 'christmas corner' of my newly arranged room. Lots of Christmas cards on the wall too. Candle burning now. Yes today I'm feeling festive :)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Yep, can't wait!

I don't expect many adults will feel that same buzz they had when they were kids - until they get kids of their own. Then you get to re-live the magic all over again. :)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:33 pm

Nope, not festive at all (and queuing at the bank for 40 £*!?ing minutes this afternoon has not helped in the slightest :evil: ).
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Agides wrote:Nope, not festive at all (and queuing at the bank for 40 £*!?ing minutes this afternoon has not helped in the slightest :evil: ).

what bank was that? :shock:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes