Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is America The Greatest Nation In The History Of The Planet?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Is America the greatest nation in the history of the planet?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 52

Re: Is America The Greatest Nation In The History Of The Pla

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Patrick wrote:It used to be that marriages were only legal between two white people and back then there were people exactly like you, arguing the exact same prejudiced and disgusting way, that even if a white person was depraved enough to live and have children with a black one, that union should never be called marriage but some other name that would show just how deviant and unnatural it was for a white person to mate outside of the race. There were people exactly like you, to say the exact same stupid things, the exact same way each time society reached a new stage of its evolution. You just don't realize that a few decades from now your "intellectual" ( for want of a better word) descendants will argue some other point of social evolution while the petty argument that you're having now will be long forgotten, deemed ridiculous even by said descendants.

Well said, Patrick. :thumbright:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:So much venom and malice, JT. It must be tiring to be you.

Look to Patrick for all this 'venom and malice, Dorset Girl. The selectivity doesn't do you well.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
JT wrote:Here in Las Vegas the intelligent people live up here in the suburbs.

JT wrote: The idiots down in the valley

:twisted: So not only are you biased towards somebody because the country they were born in, you equate IQ by street address?

Dude, that's going down to a whole new level of dumb and ignorance :shock:

But Patrick is not biased towards someone because of the country they were born in? My intervention here was due to him and his anti-US sentiment. Again the selectivity on this group-think board says it all. Not all the French, for example, are as ridiculously anti-US as Patrick. But way too many are. By your expressed opinions way too many of you equate geography (i.e street address) in the US to IQ. If you disagree, read back through some of the posts. And my observations about politics and demographics here in the Las Vegas valley are valid. Come and take a look.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Always cracks me up when guys like JT think that I don't want to live in America because I don't think like him.

I didn't say that. And you know it. Liberals would be more comfortable, at least ideologically, in the social welfare countries of Western Europe. In reality you probably wouldn't. You would tire of the structurally high unemployment and high taxes. It always cracks me up, CatNamedRudy, how you nearly always construct a strawman with regard to what I write.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Patrick wrote:It used to be that marriages were only legal between two white people and back then there were people exactly like you, arguing the exact same prejudiced and disgusting way, that even if a white person was depraved enough to live and have children with a black one, that union should never be called marriage but some other name that would show just how deviant and unnatural it was for a white person to mate outside of the race. There were people exactly like you, to say the exact same stupid things, the exact same way each time society reached a new stage of its evolution. You just don't realize that a few decades from now your "intellectual" ( for want of a better word) descendants will argue some other point of social evolution while the petty argument that you're having now will be long forgotten, deemed ridiculous even by said descendants.

Logical fallacies once again, sophisticated one from France. I am not like racist of the past. I don't argue in favor of 'prejudice' or disgusting behavior. You are conflating racism and refusal to recognize homosexual marriage. Like I have always said, a Liberal is someone who professes to be open-minded and tolerant to anything and everything except that to which they disagree. But that of course is the acid test. And it is where Liberals usually fail.

And as far as the 'intellectual' comments and innuendo, tell us - just how jealous are the French of American hegemony? Where are most of the top universities now in the world?
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Ah, casual racism dressed up as 'humour'. One place of refuge for the bitter privileged cis male cast adrift in a world that's progressing without him.

It's almost funny to see somebody criticising the level of Patrick's jokes while resorting to petty xenophobia to score points.

Dude, throw as many personal attacks as you like - that's all fair and fun - just do it using things we can choose to personally control. Don't resort to slurs based on race, gender or sexuality - or any accident of birth.

I had a bunch of replies to various posts, but now doesn't seem like the time to engage.

Dude, I slur based on the behavior of WAY too many of the French. Not only the French, but they seem to be at the forefront of this anti-Americanism based on jealousy. I don't slur based on race, gender or sexuality. Again, a strawman drawn by you. But when Patrick pipes up he deserves the come back. I take individuals, even the French, one at a time. I will assume the best. When they confirm the stereotypes I will be more than willing to confront them.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Just a general observation and comment, but notice how so many are throwing racism into this discussion? I have said nothing about race. I am anti-Obama, but that of course does not mean I am a racist. At least in the real world of facts. I am not a racist. If Herman Cain were the Republican nominee and were running against, say, Joe Biden, I would vote for Cain.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

JT - your arrogance, hypocrisy and general lack of empathy and understanding astound me. Fortunately for me and my state of mind, though, I feel somewhat amused and sorry for you, rather than angry.

I await your aggressive, witty or dismissive reply to this comment with casual indifference and mild amusement. Or ignore it - whatever suits you best. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

JT wrote:Logical fallacies once again, sophisticated one from France.

What "logical fallacies" are you talking about or do you just throw phrases against the wall, hoping they will stick? As for my being sophisticated, that's most likely the way it must appear to you unless you are suffering from some S&M complex that compels you to humiliate yourself by giving out proofs of your opponents' rightness.
I am not like racist of the past. I don't argue in favor of 'prejudice' or disgusting behavior.

I made a parallel between the two. I'll let you get back to me on that one once you'll have looked that word up.
You are conflating racism and refusal to recognize homosexual marriage.

Nope, as I said earlier I made a parallel between the two. My little disputation obviously went right over your head.
Like I have always said, a Liberal is someone who professes to be open-minded and tolerant to anything and everything except that to which they disagree.

A cliché that people like you, IE extremists from the American right, spread around as if they were hysteric typhoid marys on a quest for vengeance, that's hardly something you can claim as your own.
But that of course is the acid test. And it is where Liberals usually fail.

What you call an "acid test" is what is usually referred to by normal people as a litmus test or is that your way of confirming that you're definitely... uncomplicated?

And as far as the 'intellectual' comments and innuendo, tell us - just how jealous are the French of American hegemony? Where are most of the top universities now in the world?

I was speaking about you, surely you don't equate yourself to a graduate of one of these universities.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Another Teapublican finally conceded his race. Are people finally getting wise to these crazies? The Republicans want to know what has happened to their party and why they lost? This is the reason Republicans! You've allowed the Teabaggers to allign with you and they are a bit off their nut!

The Dems have their crazies but it's nothing like this and for the most part, the crazy lefties don't allign themselves with the Dems. They just makes up their own party!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby JT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't necessarily agree that any criticism would be considered "Yank bashing". I think there is plenty of honest criticism in this thread. (which was started because I believe JT mentioned something once about America being the greatest nation in the history of the planet...it was kind of jab at him when BS started it). I can also take light hearted "bashing" (like I do to Barney about Canookia) but I know Patrick was serious when in essence he said America sucks! I take offense at that because it doesn't suck. It has it's issues but it doesn't suck. Some of the politicians suck and they suck hard but I defy Patrick to tell me that same isn't true about some of France's politicians! Of course apparently, France has no crime so that in and of itself makes it better than the US.

Anyway, I'm sorry Patrick that you cannot appreciate the US for the great country that it is. I'm glad I don't feel that way about certain countries that I don't live in.

I'm back on here looking into the beginnings of Patrick's anti-American rants in this forum. One thing above, CatNamedRudy, "I think there is plenty of honest criticism in this thread" is missing it for the most part. There is more dishonest criticism of the U.S. in these threads than honest. I am not, as most people here think, a 'America is perfect' person. The U.S. has its problems, including ACCESS to health care (not inferior health care as people try to conflate). But all in all, I still think the U.S.A is the greatest expression of the ideals of a nation that allows personal self-fulfillment. Patrick's initial comments on this topic explain my reaction to him in subsequent threads.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes