Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is America The Greatest Nation In The History Of The Planet?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Is America the greatest nation in the history of the planet?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 52

Re: Is America The Greatest Nation In The History Of The Pla

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Patrick wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:Patrick, you said" I have many many American friends, but people like you would probably brand them traitors in a heart beat since they never say that they think America to be great by any imaginable yardstick. Instead they are very critical of it and never tire of telling me how awful they feel"

I find it hard to believe that out of your many many American friends, not one of them can say anything great about America. I think you're taking this YOU PEOPLE thing a bit too far and it is offensive.

What I find offensive is the idea that to be considered the citizen of a country you have to like it, let alone think it is great. I mean even criminals don't lose their citizenship and yet they've done a lot more than badmouthing the mother land, they've actually hurt people. So when I hear someone be it an American, a French or some other member of a country that boasts a respect for freedom of expression, say that just because you are a citizen of a country that somehow obligates you to say nice things about it, it makes my skin crawl.

Ah ha! I just noticed that your 'location' is FRANCE!!!! Now it explains everything! You little jealous snit. Hows that inferiority complex working for ya, Patrice, or whatever your name is? Ha ha ha ha! You brought it on yourself, Patrice.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Hey, Cat. Aren't you proud to see Paul Ryan representing your state as Romney's right-hand man? ;)

If this Republican team somehow wins power then the US voters get what they deserve.

Lets just say I'm so happy to be living here in the U.S rather than in one of those E.U social welfare states. We do in fact deserve better than what you have over there. I'll take my lower taxes, freedom to excel, and much more square footage in my beautiful home than what your systems have to offer. Vive la différence! And Cat, either you would be more comfortable in Brussels Belgium or in the U.S. There is a difference. And there is a difference between Romney/Ryan and Obama/Biden. One wants to move toward the E.U model. Hopefully you can recognize this.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 pm

JT wrote:Ah ha! I just noticed that your 'location' is FRANCE!!!! Now it explains everything! You little jealous snit. Hows that inferiority complex working for ya, Patrice, or whatever your name is? Ha ha ha ha! You brought it on yourself, Patrice.

My name is Patrick, dumbass. It seems you need glasses in addition to a higher daily protein intake.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Putting aside the political jousting wind ups - where do you stand on two people of the same sex being able to 'marry' and enjoy the same social/financial benefits of such a union? Is it such a big deal in your eyes? Should it really be a major issue for an election?

This is not my issue. I don't care one bare ass what homosexuals do in the privacy of their own homes. I think homosexuals were probably born the way they are. I think they should receive the same financial benefits as married couples, HOWEVER, where I part ways is trying to force recognition of their union and behavior on the majority of people who have a more traditional, and, yes, even sacred or religious view of this institution. Just don't call it marriage. Call it gayage, or assage, or whateverage. You can't force recognition. Its not a civil rights issue, AT LEAST on the part of the homosexual agenda. If there were, and to the extent that there are any, financial or social (hospital visits etc) inequalities as a result of a homosexual union, then I would have to agree with their 'civil rights' grievances. But only to that extent.
Last edited by JT on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Patrick wrote:
JT wrote:Ah ha! I just noticed that your 'location' is FRANCE!!!! Now it explains everything! You little jealous snit. Hows that inferiority complex working for ya, Patrice, or whatever your name is? Ha ha ha ha! You brought it on yourself, Patrice.

My name is Patrick, dumbass. It seems you need glasses in addition to a higher daily protein intake.

I know, dumbass. I was using Patrice because your 'location' is France. I thought all you sophisticated, textured types in France could pick up on simple comedic nuance. Oh wait - I forgot, Jerry Lewis is your comedy hero!!!!!
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

JT wrote:
Patrick wrote:

I know, dumbass. I was using Patrice because your 'location' is France. I thought all you sophisticated, textured types in France could pick up on simple comedic nuance. Oh wait - I forgot, Jerry Lewis is your comedy hero!!!!!

How astute! Sherlock's inbred cousin here just noticed that my location is France when all I did was write it down! :shock:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Patrick wrote:How astute! Sherlock's inbred cousin here just noticed that my location is France when all I did was write it down! :shock:

Whew! What a zinger! You frogs are just too sophisticated for us inbred types in the U.S. We are just too neanderthal here to riot over things like 40 hour work weeks.
Heres a good one:

What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
-trilingual

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
-bilingual

What do you call someone who speaks 1 language?
-French
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

How do the French kill themselves? They shoot 15 centimeters above their heads, right in their superiority complex.
Except it is really a superiority complex that has devolved into an inferiority complex.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 pm

JT wrote:...
-French

Well, that's irony for you!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Patrick wrote:Well, that's irony for you!

Why did Disneyland Paris experience some difficulties at the beginning?
Because every night, after the fireworks, the French would surrender
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:20 pm

JT wrote:
Patrick wrote:Well, that's irony for you!

Why did Disneyland Paris experience some difficulties at the beginning?
Because every night, after the fireworks, the French would surrender

Jokes are the only thing that an American conservative will recycle.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Patrick wrote:
-French

:twisted: :lol:

Seriously, you chaps really need to chill :shock:

Folks are the same all over.
It's the politicians that create difference. And we're all cursed with that problem. :?

As i've said before, this thread (right down to the title) has got to be one of the most inflamatory things i've ever seen posted on a forum.

I'd suggest to Stu to lock it up.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Patrick wrote:
-French

:twisted: :lol:

Seriously, you chaps really need to chill :shock:

Folks are the same all over.
It's the politicians that create difference. And we're all cursed with that problem. :?

As i've said before, this thread (right down to the title) has got to be one of the most inflamatory things i've ever seen posted on a forum.

I'd suggest to Stu to lock it up.

People are not the same all over. For example, I don't think its a good thing to 'lock up' this thread. You do.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby JT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Patrick wrote:Jokes are the only thing that an American conservative will recycle.

Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A. One, because he holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm

JT wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Putting aside the political jousting wind ups - where do you stand on two people of the same sex being able to 'marry' and enjoy the same social/financial benefits of such a union? Is it such a big deal in your eyes? Should it really be a major issue for an election?

This is not my issue. I don't care one bare ass what homosexuals do in the privacy of their own homes. I think homosexuals were probably born the way they are. I think they should receive the same financial benefits as married couples, HOWEVER, where I part ways is trying to force recognition of their union and behavior on the majority of people who have a more traditional, and, yes, even sacred or religious view of this institution. Just don't call it marriage. Call it gayage, or assage, or whateverage. You can't force recognition. Its not a civil rights issue, AT LEAST on the part of the homosexual agenda. If there were, and to the extent that there are any, financial or social (hospital visits etc) inequalities as a result of a homosexual union, then I would have to agree with their 'civil rights' grievances. But only to that extent.

It used to be that marriages were only legal between two white people and back then there were people exactly like you, arguing the exact same prejudiced and disgusting way, that even if a white person was depraved enough to live and have children with a black one, that union should never be called marriage but some other name that would show just how deviant and unnatural it was for a white person to mate outside of the race. There were people exactly like you, to say the exact same stupid things, the exact same way each time society reached a new stage of its evolution. You just don't realize that a few decades from now your "intellectual" ( for want of a better word) descendants will argue some other point of social evolution while the petty argument that you're having now will be long forgotten, deemed ridiculous even by said descendants.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:28 pm

JT wrote:
Patrick wrote:Jokes are the only thing that an American conservative will recycle.

Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I see you're trying really hard to prove my point.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 pm

JT wrote:People are not the same all over. For example, I don't think its a good thing to 'lock up' this thread. You do.

:twisted: Fair enough.
We're not the same.
I believe in locking a thread that does nothing more than promote prejudice and insult based on the nation of one's birth, while you think keeping it open to keep the insults flying is a good idea.

That's not a matter of geography though. Being English is nothing to do with being right, it's just a side bonus :D
Forever Jung

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Forever Jung wrote:a thread that does nothing more than promote prejudice and insult based on the nation of one's birth,

:twisted: TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JT wrote:Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I might have a lighthearted dig at Patrick on the forum because he's French (and i'm English and therefore it's my duty to take the piss out of him now and then :D ) but there's certainly not the kind of malice that's going on on back and forth on this thread.
In fact, i'd be very surprised and sorry if Patrick had taken offence to any of my jibes :shock:
Forever Jung

Postby JT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Hey, Cat. Aren't you proud to see Paul Ryan representing your state as Romney's right-hand man? ;)

If this Republican team somehow wins power then the US voters get what they deserve.

The only good thing about Paul Ryan being VP is that it would mean he was no longer my congressman. Of course, he'd be the VP so that's a problem!

And no, the idiot voters (and in particular the stupid women) who vote for them will get what they deserve. The rest of are going to get fucked without the benefit of lubricant!

I see. Live in Western Europe for a while, Cat. That evidently is your vision. And the idiot voters are those who vote Democrat. Here in Las Vegas the intelligent people live up here in the suburbs. They vote Republican. The idiots down in the valley - the strip (union losers), UNLV, bums on the street - of course vote Democrat.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm

JT wrote:the intelligent people

Forever Jung wrote:I believe in locking a thread that does nothing more than promote prejudice and insult based on the nation of one's birth, while you think keeping it open to keep the insults flying is a good idea.

:twisted: :D
Forever Jung

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm

JT wrote:Here in Las Vegas the intelligent people live up here in the suburbs.

JT wrote: The idiots down in the valley

:twisted: So not only are you biased towards somebody because the country they were born in, you equate IQ by street address?

Dude, that's going down to a whole new level of dumb and ignorance :shock:
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Always cracks me up when guys like JT think that I don't want to live in America because I don't think like him.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Always cracks me up when guys like JT think that I don't want to live in America because I don't think like him.

:twisted: You're quite welcome to live in America, as long as you stay within the correct area code as determined by your IQ/personal beliefes :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

So much venom and malice, JT. It must be tiring to be you.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Ah, casual racism dressed up as 'humour'. One place of refuge for the bitter privileged cis male cast adrift in a world that's progressing without him.

It's almost funny to see somebody criticising the level of Patrick's jokes while resorting to petty xenophobia to score points.

Dude, throw as many personal attacks as you like - that's all fair and fun - just do it using things we can choose to personally control. Don't resort to slurs based on race, gender or sexuality - or any accident of birth.

I had a bunch of replies to various posts, but now doesn't seem like the time to engage.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes