Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Series Finale

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Favourite Series Finale

Newhart ''The Last Newhart''
No votes
Star Trek: The Next Generation ''All Good Things...''
No votes
M*A*S*H ''Goodbye, Farewell And Amen''
13%
St. Elsewhere ''The Last One''
No votes
The Mary Tyler Moore Show ''The Last Show''
No votes
Frasier ''Goodnight, Seattle''
25%
Cheers ''One For The Road''
6%
Friends ''The Last One''
No votes
NYPD Blue ''Moving Day''
No votes
Third Watch ''Goodbye To Camelot''
No votes
Six Feet Under ''Everybody's Waiting''
25%
The Larry Sanders Show ''Flip''
No votes
The West Wing ''Tomorrow''
6%
Sex And The City ''An American Girl In Paris''
No votes
Arrested Development ''Development Arrested''
No votes
Queer As Folk ''Same Men, New Tricks''
No votes
Buffy The Vampire Slayer ''Chosen''
No votes
Quantam Leap ''Mirror Image''
6%
Roseanne ''Into That Goodnight''
No votes
The Fugitive ''The Judgement''
No votes
The Wonder Years ''Summer/Independance Day''
No votes
Everybody Loves Raymond ''Finale''
No votes
The Office ''Christmas Special''
13%
Babylon 5 ''Sleeping In Light''
No votes
Blackadder Goes Fourth ''Goodbyeee''
6%
Mad About You ''The Final Frontier''
No votes

Total votes : 16

Favourite Series Finale

Postby Stratman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:46 am

I've included ''Goodnight, Seattle'' because I think there is a good chance it won't win by a landslide.

My vote goes to ''Goodbye, Farewell And Amen,'' it's an absolute masterpiece. So good it was watched by 125 million people which, to this day, is still the single most watched episode of a television show in American history.

There are quite few on that list I've not seen, but of the ones I've seen ''Flip,'' ''Goodnight, Seattle'' ''The Last Newhart and ''Development Arrested'' stand out.
Stratman

Postby Paul B » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:48 am

I haven't seen many of these but I voted for SFU's finale "Everyone's Waiting" anyway, because I don't see how any of them can best one of the greatest episodes in television history. "Goodnight Seattle" and "Development Arrested" are both excellent, though.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:56 am

Paul B wrote:I haven't seen many of these but I voted for SFU's finale "Everyone's Waiting" anyway, because I don't see how any of them can best one of the greatest episodes in television history. "Goodnight Seattle" and "Development Arrested" are both excellent, though.

I didn't even have to look at the list, because the finale for SFU was the best episode of anything I've ever seen, so it was an easy decision for me.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Rodge » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:03 pm

Great selection Strat, brings tears to my eyes just reading them, but having this:-

at the end of an already superb episode along with Brent finally telling Fincy to "fuck off" (I probably cheered as loud as when Wilko scored 'that' drop goal when that line came out!) has to get The Office my vote.

I cannot believe it lost out for an Emmy to the pilot of My name is Earl for comedy script writing. Don't get me wrong, I love MNIE, I have the DVD's, but it is not in the same league! :shock:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Stratman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:14 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
I didn't even have to look at the list, because the finale for SFU was the best episode of anything I've ever seen, so it was an easy decision for me.

I'm itching to see it, I imagine I'll get to it in the next few months.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Rob wrote:
I cannot believe it lost out for an Emmy to the pilot of My name is Earl for comedy script writing. Don't get me wrong, I love MNIE, I have the DVD's, but it is not in the same league! :shock:

The Emmys look after thier own, just like in the UK. :wink:
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Stratman wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

I've built up far too much though - your expecations will be far too high.
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:19 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

It's actually extremely highly regarded among television aficiandados. I'm sure I'll love it.
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Stratman wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

It's actually extremely highly regarded among television aficiandados. I'm sure I'll love it.

I don't how anyone couldn't love it. It's a masterpiece.
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are:
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Goodnight, Seattle.

"Development Arrested" and the UK Office Christmas Special come close. And SFU's finale is obviously very, very highly regarded - here, at SomethingAwful, at TV.com, at IMDb - but of course I haven't seen it yet.
Wezzo

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:15 pm

Went with Everyone's Waiting because as I said in another thread, I believe it's the finest piece of television ever filmed!

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen will always hold a special place in my heart and it was the one that started it all. It was a fantastic piece of work as well but Everyone's Waiting was just............awesome.

Goodnight, Seattle comes in third place. Unlike a lot of sitcoms who try really hard to be "great" when it comes to the series finale, Frasier didn't have to try. They just did. No gimmicks, no unbelievable plot twists. They just did. And they left the viewers wondering just a bit. Which I loved!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:24 pm

Frasier for me. The Office was superb, also, and i quite liked the Wonder Years, too.

If Only Fools And Horses had left it at Time On Our Hands, i would have put it right up there. I think most people probably regard it as the finale anyway.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby me123 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:21 pm

A lot of good episodes here (from the few I've seen). I chose Blackadder because it was a great episode until the last 2 minutes when the final storyline took over properly and what a way to end the series. The slow-mo shot depicted WW1 expertly and was rather sad, but it was most certainly the truth.
me123

Postby Stratman » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:15 am

This has been quite a well-rounded poll. Good picks, guys.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:28 am

Moon-Crane wrote:If Only Fools And Horses had left it at Time On Our Hands, i would have put it right up there. I think most people probably regard it as the finale anyway.

I completely agree.

I can't really vote in this, having seen just 3 or 4 of the episodes on the list. I'd be tempted to vote for Goodbyeee except that's not really the finale, as the lamentable Back and Forth was made a decade later.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:34 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:If Only Fools And Horses had left it at Time On Our Hands, i would have put it right up there. I think most people probably regard it as the finale anyway.

I completely agree.

I can't really vote in this, having seen just 3 or 4 of the episodes on the list. I'd be tempted to vote for Goodbyeee except that's not really the finale, as the lamentable Back and Forth was made a decade later.

It was certainly a good finale for the series, if it had stayed as the closing chapter - pretty much like OFAH.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHP » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Frasier for me. The Office was superb, also, and i quite liked the Wonder Years, too.

If Only Fools And Horses had left it at Time On Our Hands, i would have put it right up there. I think most people probably regard it as the finale anyway.

Would have got my vote. I'd probably have voted for Sleepless in Peckham if that had been on the list. Not a comedy classic, but it dealt with the characters in what I felt was a really nice way. Not sure what to vote for here, because none of them really grab me. Might just go with The West Wing. Not a great episode, but a fitting ending to the series, which wraps things up nicely. You can't really ask for more in a finale.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Corevelay » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:12 am

The M*A*S*H finale just edges Goodnight Seattle which just edges Development Arrested.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Corevelay

Postby Stratman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:57 am

Corevelay wrote:The M*A*S*H finale just edges Goodnight Seattle which just edges Development Arrested.

Corevelay in the house!

[:]DRINK[/:]
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Good to see you Corevelay, you lazy student you ;)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:58 pm

Gotta be Goodnight Seattle. Mind you, I thought Blackadder's Goodbyeeee was good too - saw it in History.
!Amz!

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:00 pm

Does anyone else think that Goodnight Seattle is a tad overrated. The last 10 minutes are stunning, but the rest isn't particularly spectacular IMO.
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Does anyone else think that Goodnight Seattle is a tad overrated. The last 10 minutes are stunning, but the rest isn't particularly spectacular IMO.

Have to disagree - I think it's brilliant all the way through, plenty of funny scenes.
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Does anyone else think that Goodnight Seattle is a tad overrated. The last 10 minutes are stunning, but the rest isn't particularly spectacular IMO.

I think it's a strong finish, but it's not as good as a lot of the episodes listed. I'm starting to think, sight unseen, that ''Everybody's Waiting'' could be the best of the bunch.
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Stratman wrote:

I think it's a strong finish, but it's not as good as a lot of the episodes listed. I'm starting to think, sight unseen, that ''Everybody's Waiting'' could be the best of the bunch.

I agree with you (for once! :), it is a perfectly decent finale, but I've seen better. Having said, I don't know how they could have wrapped it up any better really, but I think some stuff in the first half doesn't work.

'Everyone's Waiting' is perfection really - I can't wait until you see it. I can't see anything on there surpassing it. It's well thought of in the industry too, I think.

Has anyone seen the Raymond finale? Is that good?
Cake for Brains

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes