Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Have you ever been in love?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Yes
50%
No
29%
Not sure
21%

Total votes : 24

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Who's been in love?

I voted for "Not sure."
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:58 pm

No.
Wezzo

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Yes, yes & very much so yes....

It was my first new car, a Peugeot 407 with heated leather seats & adjustable everything. It was sheer bliss. I spent a lot of time inside her, she kept me warm and snuggly on cold winter days and was one hell of a ride.

Seriously though, I assume you refer to relationships, so the answers yes and still is yes...12 years on :shock:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:00 pm

It's the old question isn't it, what is love...? :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Re: Have you ever been in love?

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Who's been in love?

I voted for "Not sure."

Sorry, I know it's a cliche, but there is no such thing as "not sure", if you are not sure then I'm afraid the answer is NO!
Rodge

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:07 pm

Not yet.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Yep.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Rob wrote:Sorry, I know it's a cliche, but there is no such thing as "not sure", if you are not sure then I'm afraid the answer is NO!

I think there can be. Love can be simple and can be complicated. I think sometimes it might be hard for a person to know whether or not they're "in love" or not. They could be, but they could just not realise it.

I feel as though I might have been once, but then I think to myself, "I'm too young to be properly 'in love'; I'm only a teenager", so then I have doubts, but then I think again, "Well I did feel like I was."
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:09 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Rob wrote:Sorry, I know it's a cliche, but there is no such thing as "not sure", if you are not sure then I'm afraid the answer is NO!

I think there can be. Love can be simple and can be complicated. I think sometimes it might be hard for a person to know whether or not they're "in love" or not. They could be, but they could just not realise it.

I feel as though I might have been once, but then I think to myself, "I'm too young to be properly 'in love'; I'm only a teenager", so then I have doubts, but then I think again, "Well I did feel like I was."

When I actually DID fall in love, it made me realize that the other times I thought I was in love, I wasn't. It was an entirely different feeling.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I think there can be. Love can be simple and can be complicated. I think sometimes it might be hard for a person to know whether or not they're "in love" or not. They could be, but they could just not realise it.

I guess, I see what you are saying. But how can I put it, when you are in love you ache to be with that person, and it hurts when you leave that person. I once thought that I was no longer in love, (you do question it with long term relationships) until I was leaving her purely for one weekend, and it hurt when the train pulled away, and I knew that even though I would be speaking to her on the phone, I knew I wouldn't actually be seeing her during that period. And after I did speak to her on the phone, that ache returned.
Gosh all this talk of aching and hurting - it is a great feeling though when you are together. Sheer bliss. :D
Rodge

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:07 pm

I realized I was in love when I reacted in a way I did not expect upon hearing that a guy I was friends with and had had what I thought was a one night stand with was still involved with a girlfriend. (actually, she wasn't his girlfriend but he thought she was and it's a very, very convuluted relationship)

It really bothered me A LOT and I was like "Damn, this shouldn't bother me". But it did. Then it hurt A LOT!

I never hurt so much in my life!

It really hurts to be in love and not have the other person love you back!

Sucked rocks and it took me a long time to be able to move forward again.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:34 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:It really hurts to be in love and not have the other person love you back!

Unrequited love - got to be the worst possible emotion, no exception. Heart ripped out pulsing before your eyes before it finally turn black in your own hands.
Rodge

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 am

Rob wrote:Unrequited love - got to be the worst possible emotion

I agree. Although hate is horrible, and jealousy is pretty bad too - you just have to look at the events in Othello to see what the "green-eyed monster" can do.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:11 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I agree. Although hate is horrible, and jealousy is pretty bad too - you just have to look at the events in Othello to see what the "green-eyed monster" can do.

Oh, my when you have unrequited love, you have to combine hate, jealousy, along with indefatigable pain.
Rodge

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:15 am

Rob wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Oh, my when you have unrequited love, you have to combine hate, jealousy, along with indefatigable pain.

That's exactly it! It takes everything out of you! It's exhausting because you are feeling every emotion on the planet all at once! And you don't think the pain is ever going to go away.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:17 am

Rob wrote:Oh, my when you have unrequited love, you have to combine hate, jealousy, along with indefatigable pain.

No wonder I fear my future...

It sounds like hell.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby me123 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 am

Nervosa wrote:It's the old question isn't it, what is love...? :lol:

Ask the Greeks: they have four words for it.

I voted not sure, but I think it's yes.
me123

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Rob wrote:Oh, my when you have unrequited love, you have to combine hate, jealousy, along with indefatigable pain.

No wonder I fear my future...

It sounds like hell.

It is. But it's not something to fear as being in love is also the most wonderful feeling in the world!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Davey Boy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:52 am

I've gone with no. I've cared for people but I've never been in the position that I truly thought if I lost someone my life wouldn't go on (which is what I believe love is). I find it hard to open up to people and my friends say that once I have been seeing the same person for a few months I seem very cold towards them. Just the way I am right now I guess...
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:12 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:It is. But it's not something to fear as being in love is also the most wonderful feeling in the world!

I don't fear falling in love, I just fear events that are going to happen in my future.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:55 pm

me123 wrote:Ask the Greeks: they have four words for it.

Eros, Philia, Agape and Storge.

Eros - passionate, romantic love.

Philia - the love you have for your friends, including loyalty to friends and family.

Agape - general love/affection, rather than physical love.

Storge - natural affection - i.e. the natural love that families have for each other.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
me123 wrote:Ask the Greeks: they have four words for it.

Eros, Philia, Agape and Storge.

Eros - passionate, romantic love.

Philia - the love you have for your friends, including loyalty to friends and family.

Agape - general love/affection, rather than physical love.

Storge - natural affection - i.e. the natural love that families have for each other.

Ah I remember having to learn that for GCSE history years ago.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Nervosa wrote:Ah I remember having to learn that for GCSE history years ago.

I learned them in GCSE RE, but I couldn't remember all the names, so grabbed them off Wikipedia.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Does anyone reckon it's possible to be in love with two different people?
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:43 pm

Rob wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Unrequited love, a way to put a downer on your day!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes