Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Pancakes

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Do you like pancakes?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:04 pm

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 16

Postby Nervosa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:13 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Alcopops are ridiculous, and as you say it is always very funny when someone attempts to tell you they are drinking them because they like them, not to get drunk. :roll:

I bought two bottles of Smirnoff Ice (well, Lidl's version of it) the other night. I genuienly like the taste of it, two bottles isn't even enough to get me started on the way to drunk. So I may be an exception to the rule! Mind you, I NEVER drink it in public.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:Alcopops are ridiculous, and as you say it is always very funny when someone attempts to tell you they are drinking them because they like them, not to get drunk. :roll:

I bought two bottles of Smirnoff Ice (well, Lidl's version of it) the other night. I genuienly like the taste of it, two bottles isn't even enough to get me started on the way to drunk. So I may be an exception to the rule! Mind you, I NEVER drink it in public.

I actually like the taste of some of those things too. Seriously, if I'm drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk, I drink the likes of good Whiskey. If I drink enough alcopop to get drunk on, it makes me sicker than shi*t the next. The stuff is way too sweet for me to drink a lot of. But I do like the taste. I can also taste the alcohol in them.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I actually like the taste of some of those things too. Seriously, if I'm drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk, I drink the likes of good Whiskey. If I drink enough alcopop to get drunk on, it makes me sicker than shi*t the next. The stuff is way too sweet for me to drink a lot of. But I do like the taste. I can also taste the alcohol in them.

We used to make and bottle alcopops, basically it is made up of water, huge amounts of sugar, pure ethanol and chemical flavour & colour.
To me they just taste like bubble gum! They actually contain more sugar that Coke?
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Nervosa wrote:

Do you not just think they taste like regular soft drinks though?
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:07 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

I actually like the taste of some of those things too. Seriously, if I'm drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk, I drink the likes of good Whiskey. If I drink enough alcopop to get drunk on, it makes me sicker than shi*t the next. The stuff is way too sweet for me to drink a lot of. But I do like the taste. I can also taste the alcohol in them.

What is the alcohol content in the ones you drink Cat? When I was in Canada mostly they were about 7 or 8% and I could taste the alcohol. Over this side of the pond though many of them tend to be around 4% (I think) which when I have had them on the odd occasision I could not taste the alcohol.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

Exactly, that's the big problem, they appeal to people who have a sweet tooth, mainly kids. They are generally made to look very bright and trendy, and cost less than a bar of chocolate, and probably cheaper than Pepsi or Tango. Then people ask why 14/15 year olds are pissed, throwning up on the street.
Rodge

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:23 pm

What is the alcohol content in the ones you drink Cat? When I was in Canada mostly they were about 7 or 8% and I could taste the alcohol. Over this side of the pond though many of them tend to be around 4% (I think) which when I have had them on the odd occasision I could not taste the alcohol.

Actually, I don't know what the alcohol content is. But I do know I can taste the alcohol in them. Granted, it's not like sitting down with a Jameson rocks or anything but I can taste the alcohol.

I don't drink them very often because they are a bit too sweet for me. I like a few of the Mike's Hard Lemonade drinks and there's one called Sky that is pretty good. I drink them mostly in the summer if it's really hot outside. They are refreshing and a little different than tossing down a brew.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Nervosa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

Well to be honest, I've never had a soft drink that tastes exactly like Smirnoff Ice. But I see your point exactly, it does taste like lemonade. But I see no harm in enjoying that, rather than buying a bottle of lemonade. It's not something I drink a lot of anyway, but I do like it.

I've had many an argument with my girlfriend - "You like Coke, right? And you like beer, right? So why then do you sit and drink a pint of beer rather than a glass of Coke???" Does my head in that one does. :x
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 pm

Nervosa wrote:I've had many an argument with my girlfriend - "You like Coke, right? And you like beer, right? So why then do you sit and drink a pint of beer rather than a glass of Coke???" Does my head in that one does. :x

Well, I for one would shake the hand of anyone who could drink 20 pints of Coke in one evening session!!!! :lol:
Rodge

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:39 pm

I don't think I could drink more than four Cokes - possibly five. I love Coke, but if I had too much, I'd feel full, and sick of drinking it.

How do people continue drinking pint after pint of beer, though? I mean, don't they get sick of it? Don't they feel full? Isn't there a point when their stomach can't take any more; it's full to bursting point?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I don't think I could drink more than four Cokes - possibly five. I love Coke, but if I had too much, I'd feel full, and sick of drinking it.

How do people continue drinking pint after pint of beer, though? I mean, don't they get sick of it? Don't they feel full? Isn't there a point when their stomach can't take any more; it's full to bursting point?

There's a point where you puke! At least there is for me! Although it takes quite a bit to get to that point!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Nervosa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:I don't think I could drink more than four Cokes - possibly five. I love Coke, but if I had too much, I'd feel full, and sick of drinking it.

There's a point where you puke! At least there is for me! Although it takes quite a bit to get to that point!

And of course people pee-pee, so it isn't all in the stomach at once. You know your limit. This is the pint that makes me feel dizzy/ill/whatever. I tend to stop at that limit, and that's after quite a lot of pints to say the least.
Nervosa

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes