Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Pancakes

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Do you like pancakes?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:04 pm

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 16

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:29 am

Nervosa wrote:Those things are beautiful, I drink them by the gallon because they seem so good for you. If I'm wrong though, and there's nowt but fat in them, don't tell me! :lol:

No don't worry Nervosa they are entirely fruit and very good for you. I haven't had one but with all the info I've trawled through I do want to give one a go. Are there any flavours you would recommend? I like the sound of the strawberry and banana, I'm not really keen on berries...
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:36 am

Davey Boy wrote: I like the sound of the strawberry and banana, I'm not really keen on berries...

You've obviouslynot met Halle then !!!! :shock:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:53 am

Davey Boy wrote:
Nervosa wrote:Those things are beautiful, I drink them by the gallon because they seem so good for you. If I'm wrong though, and there's nowt but fat in them, don't tell me! :lol:

No don't worry Nervosa they are entirely fruit and very good for you. I haven't had one but with all the info I've trawled through I do want to give one a go. Are there any flavours you would recommend? I like the sound of the strawberry and banana, I'm not really keen on berries...

Yeah starberry and banana is my personal favourite. Then there's ones with mangos and oranages and other strange combos. To be honest, I've never had one that I don't like, I think they're all good.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:13 am

Rob wrote:
Davey Boy wrote: I like the sound of the strawberry and banana, I'm not really keen on berries...

You've obviouslynot met Halle then !!!! :shock:

Ok ok, I'm not keen on most berries. Sadly I am also yet to meet any famous actresses :?

Davey Boy

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:15 am

Nervosa wrote:Yeah starberry and banana is my personal favourite. Then there's ones with mangos and oranages and other strange combos. To be honest, I've never had one that I don't like, I think they're all good.

I'm definately going to buy one tomorrow on my lunch break! I will do a "Dear Diary" entry to give my opinion.

Davey Boy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Are these drinks alcoholic?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Are these drinks alcoholic?

Nope, they're literally fruit smoothies. They pride themselves on adding no other ingredients, just 100% fruit.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Oh, I wondered. They sound quite nice, but if they were alcoholic, I wouldn't have been able to try one, since I don't drink.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Nervosa wrote:

Nope, they're literally fruit smoothies. They pride themselves on adding no other ingredients, just 100% fruit.

Hey, hey, I wouldn't be too sure BGF, the big problem we have when bottling fruit juices, is that they contain natural yeasts which will actually ferment if the drink isn't stored in cold temperatures, and will still ferment even at cold temperatures (but slowly). And we all know what the bi-product of yeast and sugar is. So if you are having your smoothy and thinking how "innocent" it may be, just remember if you feel any kind of effervescence on your tongue, then it is more than likely that there will also be alcohol - not a lot, but definitely some.
Rodge

Postby me123 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Rob wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

Hey, hey, I wouldn't be too sure BGF, the big problem we have when bottling fruit juices, is that they contain natural yeasts which will actually ferment if the drink isn't stored in cold temperatures, and will still ferment even at cold temperatures (but slowly). And we all know what the bi-product of yeast and sugar is. So if you are having your smoothy and thinking how "innocent" it may be, just remember if you feel any kind of effervescence on your tongue, then it is more than likely that there will also be alcohol - not a lot, but definitely some.

Grape ones will ferment very quickly, since the "dust" on grapes contains yeast and if they haven't washed them well...
me123

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:28 pm

me123 wrote:Grape ones will ferment very quickly, since the "dust" on grapes contains yeast and if they haven't washed them well...

Yep, and if Innocent is like most smoothies, then I bet there are grapes in most of the recipes?
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Rob wrote:
me123 wrote:Grape ones will ferment very quickly, since the "dust" on grapes contains yeast and if they haven't washed them well...

Yep, and if Innocent is like most smoothies, then I bet there are grapes in most of the recipes?

They do have grapes in some of their drinks, and they did have problems with fermenting fruit, or whatever, causing some of their bottles to explode, fairly recently.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:They do have grapes in some of their drinks, and they did have problems with fermenting fruit, or whatever, causing some of their bottles to explode, fairly recently.

Hey, hey - these wild yeasts can create pressures up to 250 psi, so when they explode, they explode? Thank god they go in cardboard cartons, rather than glass.
Smoothie modern art all over the kitchen walls. :shock:
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Rob wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:They do have grapes in some of their drinks, and they did have problems with fermenting fruit, or whatever, causing some of their bottles to explode, fairly recently.

Hey, hey - these wild yeasts can create pressures up to 250 psi, so when they explode, they explode? Thank god they go in cardboard cartons, rather than glass.
Smoothie modern art all over the kitchen walls. :shock:

That would be a sight. You should enter for the Turner prize.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Oh, I wondered. They sound quite nice, but if they were alcoholic, I wouldn't have been able to try one, since I don't drink.

You should give on a go BGF, I enjoyed mine today :D

We don't you drink? Do you dislike the taste, or not keen on the idea in general, or just have inclination to or what?

Davey Boy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 pm

I don't know, really. I've never actuall tried beer. I did accidentally have some wine when I was seven, and I thought it tasted disgusting; I spat it back out.

I haven't got a problem with drinking alcohol; it's just something that I've chosen not to do. I hear most people don't like it too much on their first try anyway, which may be part of the reason I'd rather not try it. And I have no real desire to drink. But maybe I'm missing out - everyone else seems to love beer and wine and other alcoholic stuff.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:33 pm

Well really the way I see it is that there are two reasons why people drink. They either like the taste or they want to get drunk (possibly due to peer pressure as a third but anyway...). It seems you don't want to get drunk which is fine, but there's no harm intrying an alcoholic drink to see if you like it. You may discover yourself to become somewhat of a brandy connniseur or something :wink:

Davey Boy

Postby Nervosa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:04 am

While I was growing up, my parents (well only my Mum) was very open to the idea of me sneaking a drink here or there. I was always allowed a sip of this or that, without my Dad knowing of course. Then when I was around 14, my Mum would buy me beer if I asked for it. Now she's a perfectly sensible and respectable lady, not an alcoholic. She just let me have some beer when I wanted it. As me drinking alcohol was not a problem with her, and there was no need to sneak off with my friends, the novelty wore off by the time I was around 16. So now, if I want a drink, it's purely because I like the taste of it, or in a social envirnment, it's something to help me mingle slightly better. I never drink to get drunk. Well, I never set out to get drunk, it sometimes just happens. But the fact that I was so used to having a beer by the time I was legal drinking age, I didn't feel the desire to go and get hammered all the time. Most of my friends go mad with drink when they're out, and it really does show our age at time. I can usually be found chatting to the older ones (ie. mid/late 20s) in a pub, rather than at the bar with my friends downing shots.

I think that was a good thing my Mum did, and I intend to let my kid have a few drinks in the house when they want, if they're that way inclined.

Btw, I'm the world's best at silently opening a bottle or tin of beer! Tins are a real challenge. Years of having to hide it from my Dad meant I developed a technique involving a cotton tshirt to reduce the *ssssssspsssssh* factor! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Nervosa wrote:While I was growing up, my parents (well only my Mum) was very open to the idea of me sneaking a drink here or there. I was always allowed a sip of this or that, without my Dad knowing of course. Then when I was around 14, my Mum would buy me beer if I asked for it. Now she's a perfectly sensible and respectable lady, not an alcoholic. She just let me have some beer when I wanted it. As me drinking alcohol was not a problem with her, and there was no need to sneak off with my friends, the novelty wore off by the time I was around 16. So now, if I want a drink, it's purely because I like the taste of it, or in a social envirnment, it's something to help me mingle slightly better. I never drink to get drunk. Well, I never set out to get drunk, it sometimes just happens. But the fact that I was so used to having a beer by the time I was legal drinking age, I didn't feel the desire to go and get hammered all the time. Most of my friends go mad with drink when they're out, and it really does show our age at time. I can usually be found chatting to the older ones (ie. mid/late 20s) in a pub, rather than at the bar with my friends downing shots.

I think that was a good thing my Mum did, and I intend to let my kid have a few drinks in the house when they want, if they're that way inclined.

Btw, I'm the world's best at silently opening a bottle or tin of beer! Tins are a real challenge. Years of having to hide it from my Dad meant I developed a technique involving a cotton tshirt to reduce the *ssssssspsssssh* factor! :lol:

It's a fair point. My parents were pretty much the same with me. I think i've always been fairly sensible with alcohol - although i have been known to get drunk in the past. Getting drunk for the sake of it isn't something i've ever been interested in really.

Alcopops make me laugh the most. Anyone who says they go out to drink those things for the taste, as opposed to getting hammered, are talking out of their arse. They mask any alcohol taste so much, you might as well just drink lemonade, irn bru, or whatever flavour they're using, if it's purely a taste thing. If you want to drink alcohol then you should at least be able to taste it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:27 am

Nervosa wrote: She just let me have some beer when I wanted it. As me drinking alcohol was not a problem with her, and there was no need to sneak off with my friends, the novelty wore off by the time I was around 16.

You have a very sensible Mum. That's exactly what my Mum & Dad did, and it had the same effect. Although I did still drink a lot at Uni, because it was cooooool!!!!!!!!! and we had to beat the campus record of 60 pints in a week :shock:
But I have never thrown up on a pavement all called a copper a c%$t, like you see on TV now adays??
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:32 am

Rob wrote:
Nervosa wrote: She just let me have some beer when I wanted it. As me drinking alcohol was not a problem with her, and there was no need to sneak off with my friends, the novelty wore off by the time I was around 16.

You have a very sensible Mum. That's exactly what my Mum & Dad did, and it had the same effect. Although I did still drink a lot at Uni, because it was cooooool!!!!!!!!! and we had to beat the campus record of 60 pints in a week :shock:
But I have never thrown up on a pavement all called a copper a c%$t, like you see on TV now adays??

The number of fights in and around pubs now is a damn site higher than when i was in my teens/early 20s. There's pubs i used to go in that i'd go nowhere near nowadays.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Rob wrote:

The number of fights in and around pubs now is a damn site higher than when i was in my teens/early 20s. There's pubs i used to go in that i'd go nowhere near nowadays.

You can say that again!

Moon-Crane wrote:The number of fights in and around pubs now is a damn site higher than when i was in my teens/early 20s. There's pubs i used to go in that i'd go nowhere near nowadays.
:lol:

But it's not just the state of the violence, but also they have all been taken over by big chains and turned into open plan trendy wine bars that just seem to serve lager and new fasionable shots of apple and vodka or other disgusting concotions!! Its sad, but the pubs I used to frequent with the cosy fireside bars, seperated booths etc, which even as an 18-20 year old were so much more welcoming are a thing of the past. Thank god I live in the country.
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Rob wrote:

You can say that again!

Moon-Crane wrote:The number of fights in and around pubs now is a damn site higher than when i was in my teens/early 20s. There's pubs i used to go in that i'd go nowhere near nowadays.

But it's not just the state of the violence, but also they have all been taken over by big chains and turned into open plan trendy wine bars that just seem to serve lager and new fasionable shots of apple and vodka or other disgusting concotions!! Its sad, but the pubs I used to frequent with the cosy fireside bars, seperated booths etc, which even as an 18-20 year old were so much more welcoming are a thing of the past. Thank god I live in the country.

That's a big problem where i now live. Everything is a chain - indies have been priced out of the town centre - pubs, as well as shops in general.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Nervosa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Rob wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Rob wrote:

You can say that again!

Most of the pubs round this country are sectarian holes. You really have to search good and hard for a friendly one, and even then there can be some idiots out looking for a fight. Luckily, a good friend of mine has an uncle that owns a very nice hotel, so we can nestle in that bar and the bouncers know my friend by name, so there's no trouble there. Then there's another bar I'd go to. The acutal bar room is about 6 foot by 6 foot in size. Cosy isn't the word.. I like going to the Hilton bar in Belfast, there's always a nice atmosphere and no trouble. There's some pubs in Belfast that you simply would not go into if you were payed.
Nervosa

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:It's a fair point. My parents were pretty much the same with me. I think i've always been fairly sensible with alcohol - although i have been known to get drunk in the past. Getting drunk for the sake of it isn't something i've ever been interested in really.

Alcopops make me laugh the most. Anyone who says they go out to drink those things for the taste, as opposed to getting hammered, are talking out of their arse. They mask any alcohol taste so much, you might as well just drink lemonade, irn bru, or whatever flavour they're using, if it's purely a taste thing. If you want to drink alcohol then you should at least be able to taste it.

Alcopops are ridiculous, and as you say it is always very funny when someone attempts to tell you they are drinking them because they like them, not to get drunk. :roll:

Davey Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes