Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Males, Females and Equality

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Males or Females? (Or Equality?)

Males
8%
Females
8%
Both Sexes are Equal
85%

Total votes : 13

Males, Females and Equality

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:00 pm

I thought it would be interesting to see if we have any sexist people here.

Which is the superior gender? Male or Female? Or are both sexes equal?

I voted for both being equal. Boys are better at some things, and girls are better at some things, but overall, I feel that neither is superior. I do tend to stick up for boys a bit, though, when girls criticise them. I don't know why...I just like boys, I suppose.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:05 pm

I voted both are equal. But I think that females tend to be slightly sexist towards males at times.

Yesterday, a mate and I were having some fun in the library. We were just messing around and enjoying the last school day. Then a girl sitting nearby stated that "I've just noticed that men are such big babies. They're so immature and really get on my nerves sometimes." :shock: I don't really shout at girls, as I don't think it's polite. But I certainly came close. To put the icing on the cake, the librarian piped up that "boys will be boys...and so will men."

They said this right infront of my friend and I, which I thought was quite condescending and rather uncalled for. We weren't doing anything other than talking and laughing.

(I'm not being a sensitive drama queen, it just bugged me quite a lot)
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 pm

I know what Nervosa means, and it's often annoyed me. But on the other hand I suppose from time to time I joke about girls being melodramatic and overly sensitive, I guess it balances out.

Voted equal.
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:18 pm

I see your point Wezzo. I was quite pissed off yesterday though. The girl that said that, I'm not even friendly with. In fact, I'd never spoken to her. And the librarian, well her and myself would have quite indepth chats about very mature things at times. So I felt they were both being out of order.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Nervosa wrote:I see your point Wezzo. I was quite pissed off yesterday though. The girl that said that, I'm not even friendly with. In fact, I'd never spoken to her. And the librarian, well her and myself would have quite indepth chats about very mature things at times. So I felt they were both being out of order.

I understand - and I'm certainly not trying to justify their comments! Sexism, directed at either sex, is rather unpleasant.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:28 pm

Nervosa, when school starts again, seek out that girl and make your feelings clear. Give her an intellectual, wordy, Frasier-esque speech which will show her how mature and un-babysish you are.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Trixxie » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:04 pm

voted equal. :lol:
Niles: I specifically asked for just a whisper of cinnamon and he's given me a full throated shout! There are countries in the world that would chop off his sprinkling hand!
Frasier: You know, I'd forgotten what a strange little person you are.
Trixxie

Postby Amber » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:55 pm

None on the list. I think it's like that chat where we were comparing Frasier with Cheers, they're completely different so I don't like to compare them.

It is a proven fact that the average male is stronger than the average woman, and that the average woman has a higher IQ than the average man, but that doesn't mean mem are better and strenght bsed things and woman are better with their minds.

But it also doesn't mean they're equal, get what I'm saying? It's like Black and White, one isn't better than the other, but they aren't equal, because they're completely different. What I'm saying is, I do believe men and women should be treated differently, not the same, but I don't belive one should better either.
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Postby Nervosa » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Nervosa, when school starts again, seek out that girl and make your feelings clear. Give her an intellectual, wordy, Frasier-esque speech which will show her how mature and un-babysish you are.

There's nothing I'd like more. :) But in reality I'd look like a ponce! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:33 pm

Nervosa wrote:There's nothing I'd like more. :) But in reality I'd look like a ponce! :lol:

Yes, that's how Frasier sometimes looked too. :)

But do it anyway, Nervosa. Don't worry about what you look like to others - the point is, to let this girl know how wrong she was.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:34 pm

It depends what you mean by equal. Nevertheless, overall, I think that Men and Women are equal - even though men are the only ones who have been given the chance to proove themselves throughout most of western history. But today, women have prooved their equality to the extent that, as Nervosa pointed out, some women are being sexist towards men.

In the legal system for example, a woman cannot "rape" a man. (Of course were not talking about implements or anything). That is a bit sexist in my opinion.

Moreover, some women are becoming increasingly arrogant speaking of "we don't need any more because of sperm banks etc etc". This arrogance must stop and both sexes must embrace each other- as shown in this poll. :D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Frasier wrote:In the legal system for example, a woman cannot "rape" a man. (Of course were not talking about implements or anything). That is a bit sexist in my opinion.

I don't think that's fair or accurate. Of course a woman can rape a man. Anyone can do it. What is the law thinking of?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:40 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Frasier wrote:In the legal system for example, a woman cannot "rape" a man. (Of course were not talking about implements or anything). That is a bit sexist in my opinion.

I don't think that's fair or accurate. Of course a woman can rape a man. Anyone can do it. What is the law thinking of?

Well I'm not sure to be honest. My brother was doing a law degree a few years ago and he told me that, that was the case.

I agree, it isn't fair, but I'm not sure whether a reform has taken place, because it is far more commonplace for men to rape women than vice versa. EG: These latest tragedies is in Suffolk.
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:44 am

Also there are those London unregistered mini-cab drivers. - I never like my sisters to go out in the evening by public transport of a cab.

Moreover, remember Kelsey Grammer- his sister was brutally murdered after being raped.

Unfortunetly, there are many horrible things in this world.
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Frasier wrote:Unfortunetly, there are many horrible things in this world.

I agree. It makes you understand why some people want to die.

You know, I'm quite pleased with the way this thread has gone. I expected people to be naughty and vote for one gender being the "better" one. A few months ago, I asked the boy I babysit which was better - boys or girls - and he emphatically replied, "Boys!"

Maybe I should put this question to a group of seven-year-olds and see if I get a similar response. I don't think I will...

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:26 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Frasier wrote:Unfortunetly, there are many horrible things in this world.

I agree. It makes you understand why some people want to die.

You know, I'm quite pleased with the way this thread has gone. I expected people to be naughty and vote for one gender being the "better" one. A few months ago, I asked the boy I babysit which was better - boys or girls - and he emphatically replied, "Boys!"

Maybe I should put this question to a group of seven-year-olds and see if I get a similar response. I don't think I will...

Well, I' not sure- perhaps it was the way you phrased the poll. You said "Lets see who's sexist" - I don't know, but maybe some people who would have voted for either might have been put off by this.

I'm not sure if many people would like to put under the label sexist.

What do you think?
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Frasier wrote:I'm not sure if many people would like to put under the label sexist.

What do you think?

I think you're right. Incidentally, "sexist" can easily be misread as "sexiest", can't it? Maybe we should have a thread to find out who the best-looking person on FO is? Do we have any Casanovas posting here?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Indeed.. it was sort of like asking "Are you a heartless bastard?"
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Frasier wrote:I'm not sure if many people would like to put under the label sexist.

What do you think?

I think you're right. Incidentally, "sexist" can easily be misread as "sexiest", can't it? Maybe we should have a thread to find out who the best-looking person on FO is? Do we have any Casanovas posting here?

:lol: I wouldnt make such a claim :lol:
Frasier

Postby Nervosa » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:32 pm

Wezzo wrote:"Are you a heartless bastard?"

Hey, I'm not a bastard! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Frasier wrote::lol: I wouldnt make such a claim :lol:

Neither would I. But I do wonder what people look like, though.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Nervosa wrote:I voted both are equal. But I think that females tend to be slightly sexist towards males at times.

Yesterday, a mate and I were having some fun in the library. We were just messing around and enjoying the last school day. Then a girl sitting nearby stated that "I've just noticed that men are such big babies. They're so immature and really get on my nerves sometimes." :shock: I don't really shout at girls, as I don't think it's polite. But I certainly came close. To put the icing on the cake, the librarian piped up that "boys will be boys...and so will men."

They said this right infront of my friend and I, which I thought was quite condescending and rather uncalled for. We weren't doing anything other than talking and laughing.

(I'm not being a sensitive drama queen, it just bugged me quite a lot)

I think sexism can work both ways, you're right. I really dislike gender stereotypes. Once, I was buying a car magazine for myself in a shop and the guy said 'Girls buying Top Gear (I think it was) - whatever next?!' Aargh! Times have changed!

I had a friend once who thought 'sexist' meant someone obsessed with sex.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Davey Boy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I haven't voted yet but I have to say the one thing that I find quite alot today is that many females want both chivalry and equal rights. To me this seems like they want the best of both worlds. I wouldn't say I'm sexist and wholeheartedly agree that women should be afforded the same chances as men but it annoys me when a girl I'm dating expects me to pay for meals, open doors for her etc and then also wants to be treated as an exact equal. If these women want to be treated equally the I think they should be prepared to pay their way. Do any of the other male posters find the same thing happening to them?
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Nervosa » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Davey Boy wrote:I haven't voted yet but I have to say the one thing that I find quite alot today is that many females want both chivalry and equal rights. To me this seems like they want the best of both worlds. I wouldn't say I'm sexist and wholeheartedly agree that women should be afforded the same chances as men but it annoys me when a girl I'm dating expects me to pay for meals, open doors for her etc and then also wants to be treated as an exact equal. If these women want to be treated equally the I think they should be prepared to pay their way. Do any of the other male posters find the same thing happening to them?

Yes. If my girlfriend asks me to carry her shopping because it's too heavy, I jokingly say "ahhhh, equal rights don't apply here do they?!" or if I'm asked to move her wardrobe when she's cleaning her room (or other similar situations) I say it too. All the while joking, of course I do it. But the thought does go through my mind...I must admit. But I'm certainly not sexist. Just like Davey Boy said, I think SOME girls want the best of both worlds. Equal rights, but you still gotta hold open doors or they'll huff with you. Once again, though, I'm certainly not a sexist bloke. Not at all.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm

Nervosa wrote:Just like Davey Boy said, I think SOME girls want the best of both worlds. Equal rights, but you still gotta hold open doors or they'll huff with you. Once again, though, I'm certainly not a sexist bloke. Not at all.

It might be because they see that kind of stuff as romantic. Also, those tend to be things that girls *expect* boys to do for them.

Maybe they just want to know that their boyfriends love them. How often do you tell your romantic partners that you love them?

Bee Gees Fan

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes