Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Inspector Jacques Clouseau

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Who is your favourite Inspector Jacques Clouseau

Peter Sellers
100%
Alan Arkin
No votes
Roger Moore
No votes
Steve Martin
No votes

Total votes : 4

Favourite Inspector Jacques Clouseau

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:45 pm

I love the pink panther series, but I believe it was only Peter Sellers who is truly worthy of the genius (or stupidity) of the french Sleuth[/b]

Who do you think could also do the job?
I think Michael Palin could do it based on his excellent foreign exibitions in Monty Python
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby DHP » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:19 pm

I voted for Peter Sellers, but is it really expected that there'll be a single vote for anyone else? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm just not aware that ANYONE prefers any of the other actors to take on the part to Peter Sellers. To my knowledge, it's not like James Bond where there are a significant number of fans of the other actors.

Anyway, I may be mistaken, and fair enough if I'm wrong. :D
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:46 pm

DHP wrote:I voted for Peter Sellers, but is it really expected that there'll be a single vote for anyone else? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm just not aware that ANYONE prefers any of the other actors to take on the part to Peter Sellers. To my knowledge, it's not like James Bond where there are a significant number of fans of the other actors.

Anyway, I may be mistaken, and fair enough if I'm wrong. :D

Youve just given me an idea.

Moreover, I think that the majority of people would prefer Peter Sellers, but I thought that some people might vote for Steve Martin- Although I didn't particularly like this new PP movie.

I mean, Beyonce Knowles??? Who's idea was that??

Besides, I think that Peter Sellers is so fantastic with his facial expressions etc. Great movies
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:03 pm

As far as I know, no-one liked the Steve Martin version. Or if they did, nowhere near as much as the classic Peter Sellers performance.
DHP

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:06 pm

DHP wrote:As far as I know, no-one liked the Steve Martin version. Or if they did, nowhere near as much as the classic Peter Sellers performance.

I wonder if the poll will reflect this assertion
Frasier

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Frasier wrote:I wonder if the poll will reflect this assertion

This is kind of my point. I'm happy to vote for Peter Sellers, but I feel the poll is a bit redundant as I can't imagine anyone else voting for any of the other guys. To me, it's like a poll trying to establish favourite beverages, with the options being orange juice, urine, or pulverised worms.

Again though, I may well be wrong. That's just how I see it.
DHP

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:23 pm

DHP wrote:

This is kind of my point. I'm happy to vote for Peter Sellers, but I feel the poll is a bit redundant as I can't imagine anyone else voting for any of the other guys. To me, it's like a poll trying to establish favourite beverages, with the options being orange juice, urine, or pulverised worms.

:lol: :lol: Well I wouldn't go that far, Steve Martin is not worthy of that. Nevertheless, I do see your point.

I thought maybe the kind of person who prefers Steve Martin would have seen that version first as opposed to the Peter Sellers series.
Frasier

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:33 pm

Frasier wrote:
DHP wrote:

:lol: :lol: Well I wouldn't go that far, Steve Martin is not worthy of that. Nevertheless, I do see your point.

I thought maybe the kind of person who prefers Steve Martin would have seen that version first as opposed to the Peter Sellers series.

It's not the kind of film I imagine anyone going to see who isn't familiar with the earlier films. The posters and trailers were designed to appeal largely to fans of the earlier films, and I think would have come across as too weird to draw in a new audience. And let's face it, putting Steve Martin in a film nowadays doesn't exactly guarantee bums on seats these days. I don't mean any disrespect to him there, I really enjoy many of his films. Just recently he's made stuff that's been mediocre at best.

I daresay most people who saw the Steve Martin film were able to make a comparison between his film and the better ones of Peter Sellers.

Also, I wasn't attempting to say that watching Steve Martin's version is like drinking urine, just that there's a very stark comparison between his version and those by Peter Sellers, which to me makes a poll to establish that a bit unnecessary.

Again though, I may be wrong and perhaps there are fans of his film over the earlier ones.
DHP

Postby Frasier » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:00 am

DHP wrote:
Frasier wrote:
DHP wrote:

It's not the kind of film I imagine anyone going to see who isn't familiar with the earlier films. The posters and trailers were designed to appeal largely to fans of the earlier films, and I think would have come across as too weird to draw in a new audience. And let's face it, putting Steve Martin in a film nowadays doesn't exactly guarantee bums on seats these days. I don't mean any disrespect to him there, I really enjoy many of his films. Just recently he's made stuff that's been mediocre at best.

I daresay most people who saw the Steve Martin film were able to make a comparison between his film and the better ones of Peter Sellers.

Also, I wasn't attempting to say that watching Steve Martin's version is like drinking urine, just that there's a very stark comparison between his version and those by Peter Sellers, which to me makes a poll to establish that a bit unnecessary.

Again though, I may be wrong and perhaps there are fans of his film over the earlier ones.

I agree, however, perhaps some deluded person watched the film because Beyonce Knowles was in it. - Highly low percentage of course, but not low enough to be populated by one of the frasier forum members! But as you say, perhaps there are fans of his film over the earlier ones.

Though Steve Martin's version was not like drinking urine, perhaps it was like pulvarised worms? :lol: hehe
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 am

DHP wrote:This is kind of my point. I'm happy to vote for Peter Sellers, but I feel the poll is a bit redundant

Totally agree.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:03 pm

It appears to be one of those things that makes the original actor the best.
Frasier

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes