Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

FAVOURITE BRITCOM. VOTE

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

What is you favourite British Sitcom?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 pm

Only Fools and Horses
50%
Blackadder
11%
Vicar of Dibley
No votes
Dad's Army
6%
Fawlty Towers
17%
Yes Minister
No votes
Porridge
No votes
Open All Hours
6%
The Good Life
No votes
One Foot in the Grave
6%
Other
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 pm

Amber wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Frasier wrote:It seems that USA is the producer, and everyone else else is the Consumer!

With good reason, IMHO.

What do you think the reason is?

The Us makes the best stuff.

That is it, really. There's a lot to be said for their higher production values.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 pm

In my biased opinion, I think that brits make the best stuff, but the USA makes a larger number of the good stuff
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:47 pm

Frasier wrote:In my biased opinion, I think that brits make the best stuff, but the USA makes a larger number of the good stuff

Well, I won't start another ''USA makes the best tv'', but I will say British comedies fare better, even if they're very rarely anywhere near as witty and polished.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Amber wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Frasier wrote:It seems that USA is the producer, and everyone else else is the Consumer!

With good reason, IMHO.

That is it, really. There's a lot to be said for their higher production values.

British camera work is a bit of a joke, really. It's far too static.
Stratman

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Stratman wrote:
Wezzo wrote:
Amber wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:

With good reason, IMHO.

I see what you mean, though I can't say it's the key reason why I prefer US TV. But yes, comparing the likes of The Shield's camerawork with our cop dramas'.. the difference is staggering
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:56 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Wezzo wrote:
Amber wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:

With good reason, IMHO.

I see what you mean, though I can't say it's the key reason why I prefer US TV. But yes, comparing the likes of The Shield's camerawork with our cop dramas'.. the difference is staggering

Check out Boston Legal. That has some of the niftiest camera work out. I really just love the sense of urgency moving camera brings. And the long, cutless scenes. Awesome.
Stratman

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:23 pm

Stratman wrote:
Frasier wrote:In my biased opinion, I think that brits make the best stuff, but the USA makes a larger number of the good stuff

Well, I won't start another ''USA makes the best tv'', but I will say British comedies fare better, even if they're very rarely anywhere near as witty and polished.

I suppose Strat that you know that in Britain, things like neighbours are extrememly popular nad have been airing for a long time now! :lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Well, I mean, Australian exports popular here in England too. But the Americans are more abundant 8-)
Frasier

Postby Stratman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:21 am

Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:

I suppose Strat that you know that in Britain, things like neighbours are extrememly popular nad have been airing for a long time now! :lol:

Yes, you guys sure have got great taste in shows! Actually it's very reassuring for me, I know you guys simply don't know what good television is. :wink:
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:24 am

Frasier wrote:Well, I mean, Australian exports popular here in England too. But the Americans are more abundant 8-)

I would guess that you get every Australian show ever made, there aren't many. We do have some awesome shows though; Love My Way, Frontline, The Games. I also didn't mind the UK/Aussie co-production, Supernova.
Stratman

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 pm

Stratman wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Stratman wrote:

Yes, you guys sure have got great taste in shows! Actually it's very reassuring for me, I know you guys simply don't know what good television is. :wink:

Though to make it brutally clear, I think Neighbours is utterly awful and I never watch neither Australian nor New Zeland exports :lol:
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:46 pm

I do like fosters though :lol: And Subway :lol:
Frasier

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes