Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

BGF is the best person who has ever existed

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

BGF: Best person who ever existed

Yes
55%
No.
45%

Total votes : 11

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:But you said it was silly fun yesterday, BN. (Or were you just trying not to hurt my feelings?)

I still stand by that I don't mean it to be attention seeking.

I agree that it's nonsense, but I also say that nonsense can be excellence. I mean, people here like Roald Dahl, don't they? There was a lot of excellent nonsense in his books.

It's true that I probably shied away from being as blunt as Nervosa yesterday, but I do agree with him. I've no problem with anyone being as silly or nonsensical as they choose, but I think it's fair to say you spend more time on here than anyone else talking about yourself. In the end, it's hard to draw any other conclusion that you are attention-seeking.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Well, it is fun... (to talk about oneself I mean.) I think most people enjoy it to some extent.

But as you've seen, I do start threads for other people/things. No one here talks about the Bee Gees as much as I do. And I'm planning to start a thread about Back to the Future, because I don't think there's ever been a proper discussion about the films. (Am I right in thinking you don't like them? Or wrong?) I was trying to figure out how many people here had liked and seen them last night. So far, I've come up with Meg, myself, and possibly Paul...I can't remember anyone else mentioning them.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Well, it is fun... (to talk about oneself I mean.) I think most people enjoy it to some extent.

But no one turns the spotlight on themselves as much as you do.

Bee Gees Fan wrote:But as you've seen, I do start threads for other people/things. No one here talks about the Bee Gees as much as I do. And I'm planning to start a thread about Back to the Future, because I don't think there's ever been a proper discussion about the films. (Am I right in thinking you don't like them? Or wrong?) I was trying to figure out how many people here had liked and seen them last night. So far, I've come up with Meg, myself, and possibly Paul...I can't remember anyone else mentioning them.

BTTF? They're ok - I quite liked them back in the 80's.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:But no one turns the spotlight on themselves as much as you do.

Could you clarify what instances you are talking about here? I mean, do you mean when I come out with things such as, "I am a shoe", "I am really Joe Keenan", "I was chased by an onion" and stuff like that?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:But no one turns the spotlight on themselves as much as you do.

Could you clarify what instances you are talking about here? I mean, do you mean when I come out with things such as, "I am a shoe", "I am really Joe Keenan", "I was chased by an onion" and stuff like that?

No, I mean things like "Is BGF The Greatest Person To Ever Exist?" or whatever this thread's called.

Also, do you remember the "I'm Sorry" thread? Rob was genuinely concerned about you after you started that, he sent me an e-mail at work about it.

What you have to realise is there are people on here who are genuinely concerned about you and you have a habit (perhaps unintentional, perhaps not) of playing with their emotions.

The stuff like "I am a shoe" I think is very funny, which is why I try and reply in kind... :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:29 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

No, I mean things like "Is BGF The Greatest Person To Ever Exist?" or whatever this thread's called.

Also, do you remember the "I'm Sorry" thread? Rob was genuinely concerned about you after you started that, he sent me an e-mail at work about it.

What you have to realise is there are people on here who are genuinely concerned about you and you have a habit (perhaps unintentional, perhaps not) of playing with their emotions.

The suicide and cocaine threads worried me the most. But then again, they could just have been for attentions sake.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Stratman wrote:The suicide and cocaine threads worried me the most. But then again, they could just have been for attentions sake.

Oh yes, I knew there were plenty of other examples. I'm quite surprised she asked for them tbh - the O/T board is strewn with them.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:39 pm

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

The suicide and cocaine threads worried me the most. But then again, they could just have been for attentions sake.

Me too. I was genuienly worried about the suicide thread so much so that I felt compelled to send a PM.
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:46 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Stratman wrote:The suicide and cocaine threads worried me the most. But then again, they could just have been for attentions sake.

Me too. I was genuienly worried about the suicide thread so much so that I felt compelled to send a PM.

See what I mean BGF? When you come out with these things in public, people who are genuinely concerned about you get worried.

The more often this happens, the more people will think you are 'crying wolf'.

I know you are a genuine person, so I'm sure you want to avoid this.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:48 pm

I once received a worried email from a person that you pm'd, actually.
Stratman

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:See, people. I'm picked on wherever I go. It's always the sensitive, intelligent geniuses who do nothing to deserve it. I'm sure you're all feeling much sympathy towards me. Well...such is life...

A bit of humility wouldn't kill you BGF.

Also, I agree with the others. It's gotten to the stage of "crying wolf" with the suicide, self-harm, depressive posts. I genuinely believe there's a degree of attention-seeking going on now, although I too PM-ed a while back when I first heard mention of self-harm, as I'd seen a close friend of mine driven to attempt suicide through it last year. So that kind of thing is something I get really worried about now, but when put next to the other threads, I do have to seriously wonder if it was all about attention.

Sorry to be so blunt. I readily accept I don't know the full situation and getting to know someone online is poor as people are very different online to real life.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:26 pm

DHP wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:See, people. I'm picked on wherever I go. It's always the sensitive, intelligent geniuses who do nothing to deserve it. I'm sure you're all feeling much sympathy towards me. Well...such is life...

That was me being funny. Or attempting to be.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:37 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
DHP wrote:

That was me being funny. Or attempting to be.

I'm not trying to be funny or clever, but I genuinely couldn't tell.
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:44 pm

DHP wrote:I'm not trying to be funny or clever, but I genuinely couldn't tell.

I know you're not trying to be smart. I know I didn't give any indication that I was joking - I just assumed everyone would pick up on it.

I've stated several times before that I'm a genius who no one can compare to, but I'm never being serious when I say that.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:01 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
DHP wrote:I'm not trying to be funny or clever, but I genuinely couldn't tell.

I know you're not trying to be smart. I know I didn't give any indication that I was joking - I just assumed everyone would pick up on it.

I've stated several times before that I'm a genius who no one can compare to, but I'm never being serious when I say that.

Well, I'll know better for next time then. :)
DHP

Postby Elphaba » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:12 pm

I think what people are trying to say BGF (and I mean this so kindly) is that you come off as a needy, whiny, self-absorbed hysteric who needs to grow the f**k up.

You once sent me three PMs about how depressed you were, and I took a lot of time out from doing my uni work to give you advice on what to do. You didn't even have the grace to reply as I recall.

So, you know - give it a rest and find some other way to massage your ego.
The David Hyde Pierce Forum:

http://dhpforum.proboards51.com
Elphaba

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:38 am

Elphaba wrote:You didn't even have the grace to reply as I recall.

I did reply, Elphaba. I replied to both PMs you sent me (I am sure you did not send a third, as I don't recall getting one.) The last PM I have from you on this subject is one that I received on 16th October, and I distinctly remember replying to that one. I have had no further PMs from you about that subject since then.

But I most certainly did reply to both PMs that you sent me. And at that time, I was feeling quite unhappy.

I would also like to point out that it was you who first PMed me and asked me if I wanted to tell you about it - here is the quote from your first PM - "Hey, Mc, would you like to talk to that stuff?" You invited me to do so. And I did appreciate you taking the time to talk to me. However, I have no idea why you are under the impression that I did not respond, because I know full well that I did respond to both of the PMs you sent me on the subject.

Anyway, this thread has not been the bit of fun that I had hoped it would be, so maybe we should just let it sink into oblivion.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:56 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Anyway, this thread has not been the bit of fun that I had hoped it would be, so maybe we should just let it sink into oblivion.

No, it hasn't. I'm a bit sorry I lead us down this merry road to be honest, I just felt a few things needed to be said but certain people have been much harsher than I expected.

I still think you're basically a good person BGF, as I think the majority on here do. With that in mind I'll lock this thread to prevent any further unpleasantness.
Mr Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes