Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Goonie

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Favourite Goonie

Mikey
50%
Brand
No votes
Mouth
No votes
Chunk
17%
Andi
No votes
Stef
No votes
Data
33%

Total votes : 6

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:08 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:when you reach my age, you're told that you should be watching the news and people find it crazy that you like Sesame Street.

I've no idea why some people find it unacceptable for older people to strive to maintain their innocence, naivety and their childhood interests.

Really? Do people actually say they find it 'unacceptable' that you have the interests you do?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:13 am

They haven't actually said they think it's unacceptable, but they definitely think it's very strange, and I was told once that the reason I liked these kid things was because I didn't want to grow up. Which is not true at all. I argued that vehemently. I like these things because I think they're good, not because I'm resisting adulthood with all my might.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:They haven't actually said they think it's unacceptable, but they definitely think it's very strange, and I was told once that the reason I liked these kid things was because I didn't want to grow up. Which is not true at all. I argued that vehemently. I like these things because I think they're good, not because I'm resisting adulthood with all my might.

I do think it is strange though, as in it's unusual - the real question is whether that matters(IMO, no); after all, we all do strange things to some extent.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:15 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:They haven't actually said they think it's unacceptable, but they definitely think it's very strange, and I was told once that the reason I liked these kid things was because I didn't want to grow up. Which is not true at all. I argued that vehemently. I like these things because I think they're good, not because I'm resisting adulthood with all my might.

Like Wezzo, I do think it's unusual for you to like the things you do at your age but that shouldn't concern anyone but you.

I've recently got back into Doctor Who after about oooh, a 20+ year absence and it brings particularly fond childhood memories back for me. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I would understand if you were resisting adulthood with all your might though; it can be a scary place. I plan on keeping my kids as innocent as possible for as long as possible. They may eventually decide for themselves that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and God don't exist, but I won't force my own beliefs on them. They can decide for themselves.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:20 am

Now I can see why some people don't believe in God, but who can possibly believe that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy don't exist?

I mean, where do all those presents come from? And how does that money get under the pillow?

The evidence is there...

Wezzo, do you like Sesame Street?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:25 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Now I can see why some people don't believe in God, but who can possibly believe that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy don't exist?

I mean, where do all those presents come from? And how does that money get under the pillow?

The evidence is there...

Nicely played. :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:28 am

Well, where do those things come from, if not from Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy?

Why does he live in Lapland? Was he born there, or did he just decide he liked the country and moved there? I wonder how many languages he speaks?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:02 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Well, where do those things come from, if not from Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy?

Why does he live in Lapland? Was he born there, or did he just decide he liked the country and moved there? I wonder how many languages he speaks?

Now you're over-egging the pudding. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:27 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:And World War II isn't even referenced in the movie, making it even more innocent.

Nothing spoils a wholesome family Christmas story than references to mass slaughter

Those poor turkey's and pigs...
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:52 am

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:And World War II isn't even referenced in the movie, making it even more innocent.

Nothing spoils a wholesome family Christmas story than references to mass slaughter

Those poor turkey's and pigs...

But they're chipolata shaped pigs - they'd never survive in the wild.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:16 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Now you're over-egging the pudding. :wink:

BN, Santa Claus is an extremely interesting person! I've just realised that we know almost nothing about him. Why is he so secret? Is his life in danger? Maybe he's a spy?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:47 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Now you're over-egging the pudding. :wink:

BN, Santa Claus is an extremely interesting person! I've just realised that we know almost nothing about him. Why is he so secret? Is his life in danger? Maybe he's a spy?

I'd ask the same of God...
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:32 pm

The Conversations With God books give a good insight into the character of God. He's a fan of Star Trek for one thing.

I loved that part. I've never read any other books about God, or that have God in them, in which he has a brief conversation about Star Trek.

You haven't told me what you meant about Mr Osbourne's suicide solution. I want to know. Did you mean what I thought you meant?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:44 pm

I meant that a beach boys outlook wouldn't be something I wanted.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Don't you like the Beach Boys?

I want to ask you, though, what's your opinion of Brian as a person? Don't you think he seems quite sweet? I know you're interested in psychology, so I assume you must be interested in psychological problems people have. Don't you think it's unfair that he had to get them?

I mean, as far as I know, he's never done anything to harm anyone. He seems a nice guy. So why did he have to get one? Why can't mental illnesses single out evil people?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:22 pm

I have no idea what Brian is like as a real person.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:27 pm

He seems pleasant enough.

Do you have any sympathy with him, though? Purely from a crazy standpoint. You all know I'm in love with mentally ill people and my heart always goes out to anyone who has mental problems.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:32 am

I nearly watched The Goonies last night. Natural Born Killers was on as well, so the choice was clear.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:40 pm

When I learn to astral project, I'm going to meet the Goonies and go on the whole adventure with them.

Bee Gees Fan

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes