Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Well-known or not?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Well-known or not?

Heard of it
50%
Hadn't heard of it
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby Wezzo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:05 pm

I think it'll have to be DVD, BGF.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:15 pm

I thought as much.

One of the actors from the show, John Francis Daley, is in a film that's to be released called 5-25-77, which I want to see, because it looks quite good.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:15 am

Wezzo wrote:I think it'll have to be DVD, BGF.

It is available for download, but it'll probably have to be DVD for BGF.
Stratman

Postby Amber » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:37 pm

Never heard of it, and, guessing by the fact I asked most my firneds I think we can assume it isn't widely know in the part where I live anyway :)
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:03 pm

I don't think it would be widely known by young people, Amber - the show hasn't been seen in Britain for about ten years.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Amber » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:39 pm

Fair enough, although other old shows, such as Happy Days, Cheers and soap are popular among the young 'uns. :)

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Amber

Postby Davey Boy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:04 pm

I've never heard of it! I'm 19 by the way so I guess I was pretty young when it finished airing here in Britain (if it was around 10 years ago).
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 pm

Amber wrote:Fair enough, although other old shows, such as Happy Days, Cheers and soap are popular among the young 'uns. :)

I've actually never met any young people who enjoy those shows. Maybe they all congregate in the area where you live - where is it you live, Amber? (Sorry if I'm prying.)

It originally aired in the 80s, Dave, and was shown on Sky in England during the early 1990s. The only reason I know of it myself is because I like Michael J. Fox and because I've been to America many times, and have seen some episodes there.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Davey Boy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:23 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Amber wrote:Fair enough, although other old shows, such as Happy Days, Cheers and soap are popular among the young 'uns. :)

I've actually never met any young people who enjoy those shows.

As you may have guessed from my avatar and signature I absolutely love Cheers! Have only seen the first four seasons on DVD (waiting on the fifth) and the odd episode on Paramount but it's definately one of my all time favourite shows!
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Amber » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:01 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I've actually never met any young people who enjoy those shows. Maybe they all congregate in the area where you live - where is it you live, Amber? (Sorry if I'm prying.)

It originally aired in the 80s, Dave, and was shown on Sky in England during the early 1990s. The only reason I know of it myself is because I like Michael J. Fox and because I've been to America many times, and have seen some episodes there.

Scotland - Glasgow :)

Hmm, I always assumed they were popular everywhere, they certainly are here. Me and me next-dorr neighbor are the two most avid Frasier fans for miles, but we both love Cheers (well, I assume she does, no way you can love Frasier like we do and not adore Cheers too), and although we don't really talk about it much at school (Terrestrial veiwers not having much access to the programme), I know that pretty much everybody has seen it, and the large percentage like it.

As for Happy Days, not many people watch it regularly, but everyone knows all the characters and me and Rachael (girl who sits beside me in Registrasion) Sing the some all the time.

As for soap, well, I wouldn't really call it popular, but if you asked someone they'd most likely have seen one episode, thought it was quite good, never saw another episode and forgot about it. I think it would have caught on if it was played more often, but you're lucky to find an episode in any given week.

Amber

Postby Stratman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 am

Amber wrote:
As for soap, well, I wouldn't really call it popular, but if you asked someone they'd most likely have seen one episode, thought it was quite good, never saw another episode and forgot about it. I think it would have caught on if it was played more often, but you're lucky to find an episode in any given week.

I had no idea Soap was that readily available, and as well known as you make it sound. I think few will know that Benson was a Soap spin-off, though.
Stratman

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes