Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What character's house/apartment would you most like to live

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Favourite house/apartment

Elliot Bay Towers
51%
The Montana
28%
The Shangrila
2%
Martin's flat (from the Good Son)
2%
Maris and Niles' house
12%
Roz's apartment
5%

Total votes : 43

Re: What character's house/apartment would you most like to

Postby DiceMan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Easy answer would be Frasier's place for the view and what not. Niles had some pretty fancy digs, but it came off as a bit over the top for me.

The Shangri-La apartments weren't half bad for the price they were asking either. I thought they said 200-400 bucks rent or some such, I might be thinking of something else.
DiceMan

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 pm

DiceMan wrote:Easy answer would be Frasier's place for the view and what not. Niles had some pretty fancy digs, but it came off as a bit over the top for me.

The Shangri-La apartments weren't half bad for the price they were asking either. I thought they said 200-400 bucks rent or some such, I might be thinking of something else.

I don't really remember anyone mentioning the rent... But I might be senile.

My vote definitely goes to Frasier's flat, if I could redecorate it (I'm not into African art at all). But even if I couldn't, it definitely has the best view, an interesting layout and lots of space.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby DiceMan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Just watched some of the episode with the debut of the Shangri-La, didn't hear anything about its rent. If it was never referenced in another episode I don't know what apartment or tv show I'm thinking of
DiceMan

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 pm

DiceMan wrote:Just watched some of the episode with the debut of the Shangri-La, didn't hear anything about its rent. If it was never referenced in another episode I don't know what apartment or tv show I'm thinking of

We all make these kinds of mistakes. It's hard to keep up with dozens of sit-com that sometimes for a scene or two look very similar.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby DiceMan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 am

Yeah. I swore I turned to my brother and said "That's not so bad for (x amount) per month". I might watch the whole episode later to see if it's referenced outside of the apartment scenes. If it's in another episode though I'll just have to get lucky.
DiceMan

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:45 am

I don't have the slightest idea how much Niles would have to pay for that monstrosity at the Montana, though. Seems like he could buy a Winnebago or two with one month's rent.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Does Frasier rent his apartment or is it more like a condo ownership? I think Niles rents at the Montana because of the reference to "sub-leasing" in the episode with the tap dancing tenant.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Does Frasier rent his apartment or is it more like a condo ownership? I think Niles rents at the Montana because of the reference to "sub-leasing" in the episode with the tap dancing tenant.

I think it is said that Frasier owns his apartment, plus it would be a condo, hence the title of the episode "Three Days Of The Condo".
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Patrick wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:Does Frasier rent his apartment or is it more like a condo ownership? I think Niles rents at the Montana because of the reference to "sub-leasing" in the episode with the tap dancing tenant.

I think it is said that Frasier owns his apartment, plus it would be a condo, hence the title of the episode "Three Days Of The Condo".

You're right, I forgot about all the condo board issues, thanks.
Frasiertime

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 pm

In Roz's first apartment, I didn't care for the boots all lined up on a shelf above her bed. It seemed to give a feeling that it would be kind of smelly and dirty to be sleeping with all those boots right above her head.
Frasiertime

Postby Hawkspur » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:00 am

The only one on the list with a garden was Niles and Maris' house, so I'd have to go for that, but it would need a serious clean-out and strip back for me.
Hawkspur

Postby ProOperaVoter » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 pm

The problem with all the homes with the exception of Frasier's is that we have no idea how big they really are. Personally I went for the Montana because I thought it was one of those "If money was no object..." questions. Also, I like what I see. ;)
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:33 pm

What's the difference between a condo and an apartment? I'm assuming that an apartment is a flat?
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Ariel wrote:What's the difference between a condo and an apartment? I'm assuming that an apartment is a flat?

In simple terms a condo is owned and an apartment is rented. The term condo comes from the fact that some parts (like the elevators and the corridors for example) are owned collectively.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby domi_dot_com » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:54 am

I always loved Cam Winston's apartment. It's so luxurious with the heavy curtains and plants everywhere. Since I saw it I preferred it to Frasier's. I would defs live there :P
5HRINK
domi_dot_com

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:51 am

domi_dot_com wrote:I always loved Cam Winston's apartment. It's so luxurious with the heavy curtains and plants everywhere. Since I saw it I preferred it to Frasier's. I would defs live there :P

I believe the two apartments to be identical, what differs is how they are furnished and decorated.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Ariel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

Just watched the one where you see inside Cam's appartment, it does look the same as Frasier's. So would all the ones above and below each other be identical (as in the ep where his new young boss buys the appt below, it was the same layout too.)

I'm fascinated by Frasier's appt as I can't imagine how it would feel to live up in the air like that - I'd never even get up there, I don't like heights or lifts!!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Allystare » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Oddly enough, I like all three apartments, Roz's, Niles', and Frasier's. At first I was obsessed with Frasier's, but Niles has it pretty nice too. And in Frasier loves Roz, Roz's apartment, although it looked small, had a cozy and nicely decorated feeling to it. Frasier's is number one by miles though.
Allystare

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am

Allystare wrote:Oddly enough, I like all three apartments, Roz's, Niles', and Frasier's. At first I was obsessed with Frasier's, but Niles has it pretty nice too. And in Frasier loves Roz, Roz's apartment, although it looked small, had a cozy and nicely decorated feeling to it. Frasier's is number one by miles though.

Although i'll probably always prefer Frasier's apartment, I don't mind the place where Niles lives. I'm hoping there was supposed to be a wall full of windows behind the camera view of the living room we get to see, as it does feel a little dark and stuffy.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Allystare wrote:Oddly enough, I like all three apartments, Roz's, Niles', and Frasier's. At first I was obsessed with Frasier's, but Niles has it pretty nice too. And in Frasier loves Roz, Roz's apartment, although it looked small, had a cozy and nicely decorated feeling to it. Frasier's is number one by miles though.

Although i'll probably always prefer Frasier's apartment, I don't mind the place where Niles lives. I'm hoping there was supposed to be a wall full of windows behind the camera view of the living room we get to see, as it does feel a little dark and stuffy.

You're right, now that you mention it; there isn't a single visible window in that apartment.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Roverman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes there must have been some natural light in that room. Shame we don't get to see more of Nile's apartment.

Cam's apartment is identical to Frasier's with just the barest of trimmings added to make it look different, a kitchen door springs to mind. However I do recall an episode where Frasier goes downstairs to a party but he really wants to go out on a date, and upstairs in his apartment Martin has organised a birthday party for Frasier!

That apartment was different, it seemed to have a corridor where the restroom is.
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 pm

It's funny that we've seen Cam only three times and yet it seems like we've seen him a lot more.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 am

Roverman wrote:Yes there must have been some natural light in that room. Shame we don't get to see more of Nile's apartment.

Cam's apartment is identical to Frasier's with just the barest of trimmings added to make it look different, a kitchen door springs to mind. However I do recall an episode where Frasier goes downstairs to a party but he really wants to go out on a date, and upstairs in his apartment Martin has organised a birthday party for Frasier!

That apartment was different, it seemed to have a corridor where the restroom is.

Cam's condo is directly above Frasier's so it makes sense that it would be an identical design. The other one (in Party, Party) might be in a different part of the building. Same thing as the one we see in Coots and Ladders. That place is a different design too.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Patrick wrote:It's funny that we've seen Cam only three times and yet it seems like we've seen him a lot more.

I'd like to have seen more of their rivalry used. He was a good foil for Frasier in those later seasons.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:...Same thing as the one we see in Coots and Ladders. That place is a different design too.

I'll say. I didn't see any windows there, either!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes