Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Whats the all time top 5 epsiodes

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Re: Whats the all time top 5 epsiodes

Postby tillyard » Sat May 01, 2010 7:53 am

welshben23 wrote:
tillyard wrote:1. Bla-Z-Boy
2. The Ski Lodge
3. Enemy at the Gate
4. The Doctor Is Out
5. Ham Radio

They should have "The Best of Frasier Crane" DVD with all the top voted episodes on one disc, perhaps 10 episodes (and extras would be good). Great for when you want to watch lots of episodes without the terribly boring ones scattered throughout.

Dear god! No way. :?

Yes way. It was one of the first entire episodes I saw and the one that got me hooked on the show. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, especially the Frasier/Roz sex slip up on the air when he finally arrives at work. I thought those lines were brilliant. Anyway they're my top 5 and I stand by my decision.
tillyard

Postby welshben23 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:24 am

tillyard wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
tillyard wrote:1. Bla-Z-Boy
2. The Ski Lodge
3. Enemy at the Gate
4. The Doctor Is Out
5. Ham Radio

They should have "The Best of Frasier Crane" DVD with all the top voted episodes on one disc, perhaps 10 episodes (and extras would be good). Great for when you want to watch lots of episodes without the terribly boring ones scattered throughout.

Dear god! No way. :?

Yes way. It was one of the first entire episodes I saw and the one that got me hooked on the show. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, especially the Frasier/Roz sex slip up on the air when he finally arrives at work. I thought those lines were brilliant. Anyway they're my top 5 and I stand by my decision.

That part is quite funny, but it's the only funny part in the whole episode. :)
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 pm

tillyard wrote:Yes way. It was one of the first entire episodes I saw and the one that got me hooked on the show. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, especially the Frasier/Roz sex slip up on the air when he finally arrives at work. I thought those lines were brilliant. Anyway they're my top 5 and I stand by my decision.

I can understand that. Luckily I had Daphne's Room to get me into the show which is still one of my all time favourites. It will always hold a special place for that reason, but it also happens to be a highly regarded episode in general.

I will say that the last 5 minutes of EATG were pretty damn funny though. :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 pm

I wouldn't put EATG in my top 50, but it's nowhere near amongst the worst of the show's run. It's one of the middling bunch, for me. There are enough funny moments in it that episodes such as Some Assembly Required, for example, don't have.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat May 01, 2010 6:42 pm

EATG is close to the bottom of my list because it annoys me! I just want to smack Frasier in the head through most of it. The ending redeems it just a bit.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby seledoux » Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 am

I have always loved EATG from "What if she finds a bird more birdly than Niles but without the substance?" to "I think I might have gone a bit too far." It isn't in my top 5, but I would certainly say it's one of the best of season 10 and probably well within my top 50 episodes.
I might venture a theory at which you are sure to hoot.
seledoux

Postby braggc10 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 pm

The Matchmaker
High Holidays
Ham Radio
MoonDance
Caught In The Act
braggc10

Postby Brian R » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 am

1. The Matchmaker
2. Three Valentines
3. Dial M For Martin
4. Bla-Z-Boy
5. Agents In America, Part Three
“Failure is never quite so frightening as regret.” Cliff Buxton - The Dish (2000)
Brian R

Postby DHPfan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:08 pm

1) Ham Radio (Need I explain?:)
2) Something borrowed, something blue( This has always been a bit sentimental for me, it was the 1st ep I watched:)
3) Moondance (The chemistry between Niles and Daphne is so tense:)
4) The proposal ( Felt so relieved when Niles FINALLY proposed, after having a crush on Daphne for 7 years!!:)
5) Mid-winter's night dream (Again, really tense chemistry and Wuthering Heights theme was great:)
Others include: Three Valentines, Good night Seattle, Travels with Martin, Halloween, The kid, The dish ran away with the spoon...:)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby Frasier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

Difficult and interesting question. In no particular order:

1) My Coffee With Niles (This episode is perfection: A most effective way of communicating the plot; funny, happy and human.)
2) Out with Dad (This episode is a gem and possible my favourite. When the people at chez Crane must maintain certain illusions, in this case as to Martin's sexuality, it's particularly good when the boyfriend Niles arrives but must leave in huff declaring, "I'm keeping the jewellery!").
3) A Crane's Critique (I enjoy watching this episode because of its theme; how does one approach individuals with a certain notoriety and engage them in conversation. The fact that in this case it is Frasier and Niles trying to do so (with the added dynamic of their competitiveness) leads to many funny lines. Niles sums it up when he says, "I can't just walk up to a god like that.")
4) Halloween (Elegant soiree, costumes, misunderstandings and panache! Moreover, "Oh for God's sake you drunken imbecile!")
5) Coots And Ladders (The reconstructions of alternative actions always make me chuckle. "Hurrah!")

On Another note, it has been a while since I last posted; I'd like to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone! :wink:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Flourchild » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Ham Radio
Dial M for Martin
Flour Child
Frasier's Imaginary Friend
First Date
Flourchild

Postby CJE » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 am

I think it's easier to pick the top ten, but if I go over five, well, I was never very good at math anyway!

1) The Doctor is Out. (Have been able to show this to friends, even the uninitiated, over and over again and have them enjoy it. Love how the show manages to show respect and be hilariously funny at the same time. Niles shouting to Frasier in a gay bar, "For Gods sake, will you PLEASE take me home?!!" lives on in infamy!
2) Daphne Hates Sherry. (The very sexy, and torturously near-pairing of Daphne and Niles really makes you hold your breath! )

3) Affair to Forget. (The brilliant building of the writing leading to the climactic final fencing scene. This was the episode when I discovered a vital truth--that David Hyde Pierce is a genius!

The Ski Lodge. (I'm not surprised at all to find that this Frasier website hails from England. A lot of the best episodes have the best qualities of English farce, and this episode is a perfect example. All of the confused identity, and double entendre: "I'm not gay, Gui!" Brilliant.

5) Author Author. (The scene with Frasier and Niles fighting on the bed like children after thy miss their deadline for the book makes me wheeze with laughter. Anyone who has ever faced an important deadline can relate)

Bonus episode: Room Service. (Perfectly tying Frasier to Cheers, the fantastic Bebe Neuwirth does not disappoint. Her unexpected tryst with Niles is both exiting and hilarious)
CJE

Postby The Bobby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Hey guys Newbie here :o

My top 5 changes all the time but at the minute it has to be

1. The Maris Counselor
2. Duke's, We Hardly Knew Ye
3. Adventures in Paradise (Part I)
4. Sleeping With the Enemy
5. Someone To Watch Over Me
The Bobby

Postby tgirl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Ah a tough but good question, lets see......

1) Travels With Martin
2) Something borrowed, someone blue
3) Back Talk
4) Moons over Seattle
5) Daphne Does Dinner

Very Daphne and Niles orientated episodes I've chosen by the looks of it, I just really enjoy these episodes. There are so many more fantastic episodes but these are the ones that stand out for me :D
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby rob123 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:41 am

Off the top of my head:

Out With Dad
Dark Side of the Moon
High Holidays

Frasier's Imaginary Friend

Daphne Returns
("Daphne, I hate your cooking!")
rob123