Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Real-Time Episode

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Best Real Time Episode?

My Coffee with Niles
80%
Dinner Party
20%

Total votes : 40

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:12 am

Agides wrote:I went with MCWN, the indicator being that I actively seek this episode out, as opposed to always watching the other when it's on (a fine line, I know!!).

Using that indicator, I'd still have to go for Dinner Party! :)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Authoress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 am

These are two of my favorite episodes ever, and it is almost impossible to choose one over the other.

"My Coffee With Niles" is one of the most unique offerings in the show, and its introspective, realistic tone sets the stage for a plethora of great, intimate, and memorable moments. It's also one that I can personally relate to quite a bit, as my brother and I love to have coffee and just talk philosophically about our lives together. Just thinking about this episode warms my heart.

However, I voted for "Dinner Party" in the end. It is flawless all the way through, whereas I found the pacing and some of the humor in "Coffee" to be a bit awkward. "Dinner Party" is quite possibly the funniest episode of the show for me, a great exploration of the Frasier/Niles dynamic, and there are really no failed gags or scenes. Everything works just perfectly to create 22 minutes of laughs intertwined with definitive statements about the Crane brothers.
Authoress

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm

I chose MCWN, as I absolutely love it, and don't particuarly like Dinner Party, It justs gets a bit boring for me, where as the coffee shop scene has more to offer in my opinion
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:48 pm

I love My Coffee With Niles, it's such a joy to just watch Frasier and Niles sit and talk for 20 minutes. So different and also daring in a way, I guess.

But Dinner Party has really grown on me, in fact now it's one of my favourite episodes ever. Like Authoress said before, everything just works perfectly and there are so many great lines in it.
So I voted for DP.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Karin wrote:I love My Coffee With Niles, it's such a joy to just watch Frasier and Niles sit and talk for 20 minutes. So different and also daring in a way, I guess.

But Dinner Party has really grown on me, in fact now it's one of my favourite episodes ever. Like Authoress said before, everything just works perfectly and there are so many great lines in it.
So I voted for DP.

Plus it has another great outtake moment in it which is my favorite Peri blooper ever!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Karin wrote:I love My Coffee With Niles, it's such a joy to just watch Frasier and Niles sit and talk for 20 minutes. So different and also daring in a way, I guess.

So I voted for DP.

Plus it has another great outtake moment in it which is my favorite Peri blooper ever!

Oh right, love that one and the way Kelsey reacts to it :lol:
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Karin wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

So I voted for DP.

Kelsey looks like this :shock:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Karin wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

So I voted for DP.

Kelsey looks like this :shock:

:lol: Exactly!
Karin

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes