Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Best Daphne Hair

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which season did Daphne's hair look the best?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Season 1-2
No votes
Season 3-4
57%
Season 5-6
43%
Season 7-8
No votes
Season 9
No votes

Total votes : 7

Best Daphne Hair

Postby Slayer13 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:50 pm

I voted for season 3-4, because I really like how she looked in S3, she looked pretty nice in season 4 as well.
"If I see the morning hours, I'll have one more yesterday. A dateline from tommorow 'cause I burned up my today.
If I get up to the top I know, I'll just go back downhill. Got a terminal future and it's time to write my will." -Dave Mustaine
Slayer13

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:20 am

I picked seasons 3-4. But really her best hairstyle was 3-6.
It was that short, flipped do and it best suited her face and it was a really cute style.

Worst, season 7 and 9-10. 7 was that super straight hair. It was just too straight for Jane and when she came back from the Fat Spa in season 7 and through 9 and I think 10 it was short like mid face. WAY too short.

3-6 was a happy medium
crystal_blue0610

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:16 am

I like her S6 look.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I know a lot of people just loved her hair in Moon Dance. I was watching that episode a couple nights ago and I didn't like her hair at all there.

I think S6 was nice. Also, her hair in S11 looked nice. Longer with a bit of a wave to it.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:43 pm

I liked her hair in Moon Dance. It had body and the flipped look and full bangs fit her face the best.

Any season with the flipped look and some sort of bangs is the best
crystal_blue0610

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:55 pm

I don't remember voting in this poll, but it's not letting me now, anwyay. I'd probably choose the S5-6 option.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr. Explorer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 am

I prefer her hair longer...I'm not sure what specific time frame though...
Doesn't Everybody Have Poi Ramekins?
Mr. Explorer

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:38 am

I like her hair long, and curly, as she sometimes had it. I love everything about her in moon dance, but perfer the later seasons for her hair in general
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Re: Best Daphne Hair

Postby moon-struck » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 am

Oh my god!!! I've admired her hair so much that ive literally stopped in episodes to get a better look at it hahhaa...
in seasons 2-4 it was good for the most part...especially in "Moon dance" when it was medium long with layers, with that round bobbed look, bangs and teased underneath to give body at the crown..you knew the one...it was unique and not many women had it, and looks so sexy and gorgeous.
I don't know what they did to her in the later seasons...her hair became long and boring like most women in their late 30's, and not only that but her character wasnt nearly as attractive...she stopped being cute and quirky and was just naggy and quirky. Do you think it was the actress herself or the writers? I don't knwo but she just because this boring, annoying pregnant married woman.
moon-struck

Postby gaylep » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:35 am

[quote="moon-struck"]Oh my god!!! I've admired her hair so much that ive literally stopped in episodes to get a better look at it hahhaa...
in seasons 2-4 it was good for the most part...especially in "Moon dance" when it was medium long with layers, with that round bobbed look, bangs and teased underneath to give body at the crown..you knew the one...it was unique and not many women had it, and looks so sexy and gorgeous.
I don't know what they did to her in the later seasons...her hair became long and boring like most women in their late 30's, and not only that but her character wasnt nearly as attractive...she stopped being cute and quirky and was just naggy and quirky. Do you think it was the actress herself or the writers? I don't knwo but she just because this boring, annoying pregnant married woman.[/quote]

That's funny you mention her character in later years as naggy because I had the same impression of her. She began to "lose" her Manchurian accent, too. I suspect it was the writers who made her more crabby. Not sure about the accent thing, though. Maybe she got tired of talking that way and thought the viewers wouldn't notice.

Anyway, this post is about hair! I LOVE her hair in Seasons 3 and 4. It looks so cute and really healthy. I have to say, though, she's one of those women who can get away with long hair in their 50s, as she wears it on Hot in Cleveland. Good genes, I guess!
gaylep

Postby tgirl » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 pm

I know its a weird thing to say but i think hair will indicate what a person could be called. With both long and short hair she looks like a Daphne. With long hair she doesn't look like a Jane at all as I for some reaso unknown to me think Jane is more a woman with short hair.

Her hair in season 4 I don't like, as it makes her look slightly older than she is, though I think that is more to do with the colour she used than the length of her hair, the blondish colour doesnt flatter her, I know as someone who is more suited to darker hear myself . All her other hair styles are absolutely fabulous especially in seasons 1, 2, 3, 7 (nearer the end, its lovely in the balcony scene), 9 and 10.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby Niles_Daphne_Fan » Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I liked her hair in season 1 en 2, because it fit's her caracter in the beginning! :)
Niles_Daphne_Fan

Postby frasier floyd » Sat May 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I didn't know there was a thread about Daphne's hair! But it's not surprising, I've definitely noticed how her hair reflects her personality throughout the show. In the very beginning, it's long, natural and unpretentious. By the third season, it's been refined but is still quirky. I think her hair looks best shoulder length when it flips out at the ends. It looks the best but also suits her the most, and I think she wears it like this for a few more seasons. By the time she gets with Niles, her hair suddenly looks odd in my opinion. I don't think the straight bangs suit her face, which was slightly rounder since she was pregnant. That hair with the fat clothes/suit, she looks very strange, at least compared to the Daphne we knew. The episode where she returned, she looked more like Daphne again. I was never fond of the shorter hair on her though, I think that aged her and definitely reflected her drastic personality change with Niles.
frasier floyd

Postby Roverman » Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 pm

This reminds me of the line she utters (out of nowhere) in Season 3 'I've had a new hairstyle for 6 months and none of you have noticed'.
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Britannia » Tue May 06, 2014 5:28 am

I loved Daphne's hair in 'Dark Side of the Moon'.It looked sleek, sophisticated and flattered Jane's large brown eyes with the slight , fine fringe. The colour was nicely done too with highlights of deep copper and auburn. I didn't like the earlier seasons' additions of highlights, the look just didn't suit Jane's facial tones.
Britannia

Postby heartofmotion » Mon May 26, 2014 8:51 pm

I didn't know there was a thread about Daphne's hair!

I liked season 3 best as well. At the time Daphne had discovered, and was continually practising, a new sulky look of withering, silent contempt every time she was put down by a Crane man which I thought was very funny.

I thought the straight, auburn-toned look for her wedding to Donny was a big mistake. It just didn't look like Daphne at all.
heartofmotion

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes