Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 105

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 pm

White Rabbit wrote:Some of these shows truly need more airtime on British television. Among the ones I'm interested in/enjoyed watching, only Frasier is findable on a regular basis. Cheers and Seinfield used to be shown, but now I don't know where they've gone (does anyone?). Fortunately, I've got my favourite: Frasier.

Seinfeld is running on Virgin 1, on Monday evenings :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby cwhellfukk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Right now, it is. I've been watching it obsessively for a year... I did the same with Seinfeld the two preceding years...

I dig 'Black Books', 'Father Ted' and a few others, too, but Frasier and Seinfeld both turned into obsessions :wink:
cwhellfukk

Location: Sweden - where polar bears commit suicide over taxes

Postby JT » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:22 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:With the zillions of sitcoms on the air over my lifetime though, that list is relatively short!

:lol: That makes you sound really old, and I'm sure that's not the case!

M*A*S*H comes second on my list - watching it at the moment actually.

I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest person posting here! I'm not ancient but I have been around a while! :)

I've been parked in front of TV since I was but a little tyke and trust me, there have been zillions of sitcoms! I'm including of course, those that I watched in reruns and don't really remember in "first run" time! Dick Van Dyke is one example of that!

All the others I mentioned though I watched when they were first run.

If you think about it, networks put out numerous sitcoms in the fall and then midseason replacements and then summer replacements! That's A LOT of sitcoms!

Cat, you say you are pretty sure you're the oldest here. I remember shows (while they were first running) like Branded, Man From Uncle, Time Tunnel, Julia, Gentle Ben, Flipper, Time Tunnel, The Green Hornet, Laugh-In, etc. I was young, and the memories are vague but I remember them. Do you remember shows like that (not sitcoms admittedly) first hand? I don't want to come right out and ask you your age, but those shows - all within 5 years or so of each other, are the first shows I was first cognizant of and they put my age in the ball park.

Cheers is my favorite sitcom, Frasier second. Mash is a classic that I would like to become more acquainted with on DVD - although my mom loved the show I in my youth didn't have the patience to really watch it or anything else.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:21 pm

I remember Julia. In fact, it was one of my favorite shows as a kid. Flipper went off the air when I was 3 so I only recall that in re-runs. Gentle Ben...not sure if I watched that in first run or not. I would have been between 3-5 during it's initial run. (BTW, I just turned 44)

Laugh-In was a staple in our house though!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Is Frasier your favoutie sitcom?

Postby dongods » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Its a close call between Frasier and Blakcadder
dongods

Postby Suuperbus » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Mine is Frasier, so I voted Yes. Spin City and ER are also my favourites.
There are other favourite series but not sitcoms, from my childhood. For example the Shogun.
Suuperbus

Postby agides nosebag » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:20 pm

I voted no, mainly because with US sitcoms I also love Cheers (the original US one I adored), Taxi and MASH. There are WAY too many UK ones I love.
agides nosebag

Postby Paddy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:34 pm

agides nosebag wrote:I voted no, mainly because with US sitcoms I also love Cheers (the original US one I adored), Taxi and MASH. There are WAY too many UK ones I love.

Are you a fan of Blackadder?
"There are a number of things in this muffin I don't care for. Away wrinkly thing!"
Paddy

Postby agides nosebag » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Paddy wrote:
agides nosebag wrote:I voted no, mainly because with US sitcoms I also love Cheers (the original US one I adored), Taxi and MASH. There are WAY too many UK ones I love.

Are you a fan of Blackadder?

Yes I am. Especially Series 2 - 4 and the Christmas Carol.
agides nosebag

Postby Paddy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Blackadder 3 is my favourite.

I love it in Blackadder's Christmas Carol' when Blackadder goes "Humbug! Humbug! Humbug anyone?"
"There are a number of things in this muffin I don't care for. Away wrinkly thing!"
Paddy

Postby agides nosebag » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:31 pm

I love the bits where Blackadder puts his fist into the christmas stocking and gives it to Baldrick, in the shape of a smack in the face, and the bit where Mrs Cratchett asks if Blackadder has found her a little fowl (bird) and Blackadder answers that he has always found her foul and more than a little!
We'd better watch it or this will become a Blackadder thread :lol:!!
agides nosebag

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 pm

"Tiny Tim is 33 stone and built like a brick-privy!"

Hilarious. Maybe we should start a Blackadder thread on the off-topic discussion?
Paddy

Postby !Amz! » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:49 pm

My favourite sitcoms go like this:

1. Scrubs
2. My Family (Although the later episodes are in a word: crap)
3. Frasier
4. My Hero (Again, the later episodes are crap)
5. The Vicar of Dibley
!Amz!

Postby sharkhunter » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 am

Yes, over the years I have felt others were better but after time after time I keep going back to Frasier has my fav.
sharkhunter

Postby Seamus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 pm

It has to be Blackadder for me. Very witty show by Richard Curtis, the perfect mix of hilarious historical gags and toilet humour!.

Id say Frasier comes in Third after Father Ted
If less is more then think how much more more would be
Seamus

Postby Squidgy69 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 am

Frasier is my favourite tv show of all time. I can always go back and watch an episode of Frasier. Never get bored of it

the comes in no particular order Blackadder, cheers, auf wierdesehn pet, peep show, league of gentlemen, fawlty towers, not going out (I love lee mack, he is hilarious) friends, mock the week, have i got news for you
"I always know what your thinking, when was the last time you had an unexpressed thought?"

"I'm having one now."
Squidgy69

Postby jekylljuice » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:02 am

Yes. Yes it is. There are very few other shows, let alone sitcoms, which even come close for me. In terms of the amount of emotional investment which I've made in the show, and the continuous joy which it keeps on bringing me year after year, I'd say that Frasier is pretty much untouchable.

My second favourite comedy show would be Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson's The Fast Show (a sketch show, though one about recurring characters), though Father Ted is also fantastic. The latter I give special props to for being one of those shows where only a very modest amount of episodes were ever made (the possibility of there being any future episodes was effectively squelched by the tragic death of Dermot Morgan in 1998), but where every single one of them is a classic in some way or other.
jekylljuice

Re: Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

Postby George » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 pm

I would say yes, although there are a few others that come close: The Big Bang Theory, My Family, Peep Show & the earlier episodes of The Simpsons.
George

Postby FreddyChainsaw » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:47 am

Based on all the TV shows I have seen SO FAR, yes it is.
It has to do with being up there quality-wise, but also for being the closest to my personal tastes. For example, there are TV shows I also like, but I relate to them less than I do to Frasier.
FreddyChainsaw

Postby CafeNervosa93 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 pm

I actually have to say no, sorry.

My favorite sitcom is 'The Andy Griffith Show' - I have all the seasons on dvd, and.. watch it a little more than Frasier.

Frasier is my second favorite sitcom though. :)
Followed by.. Cheers, and Three's Company, then House M.D.
Do you know that in Soccer, when a player kicks at the ball, misses and falls down, it's now called a Frasier. - Frasier Crane
CafeNervosa93

Postby kat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Favourite sitcom, have to admit Top Gear is my favourite show, closely followed by Have I Got News For You, the only two shows (bar the early morning news before work) that make an effort to watch
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Lil » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:15 am

Yes, Frasier is my favorite sitcom.

Followed by The Nanny, Golden Girls, Chuck, and Psych.
Lil

Postby ck_psy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Sure is!!

other sitcoms i like:

seinfeld
friends

and to a far lesser extent
joey
becker
Set your phasers on stunning!
ck_psy

Postby EMDN » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Frasier is on my "top 5" of my favourite sitcoms, but it isn't my favourite sitcom.

My top 5:

5 - According to Jim
4 - Frasier
3 - Seinfeld
2 - Friends
1 - Everybody Loves Raymond

(I don't know if I wrote this wrong, but I'm Portuguese, so I can't tell for sure that all of this is well written)
EMDN

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

It's written perfectly fine - except, for some reason, Everybody Loves Raymond is listed as number 1 - which must be some mistake? ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes