Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 105

Re: Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

Postby cassius » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Frasier is certainly one of the best sitcoms! It knocks the stuffing out of most recent comedy shows on my television.
:lol:
cassius

Postby SimonW » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Number 2 for me, very close behind Seinfeld
SimonW

Postby Lil » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Currently number 2 for me, right behind The Nanny.
Lil

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Number one for me!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 pm

:twisted: I can't think of a comedy show I enjoy more, so it's number 1 from me 8-)
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby thisistotalBS » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 am

EASILY! Its the most cleverly and well thought out Comedy ever!
thisistotalBS

Postby 1901EBT » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 am

Frasier is easily the best for me and always will be I reckon.
I do enjoy The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother immensely though. :wink:
Cheers,
Tony.
Scrambled eggs all over my face,what is a boy to do?
1901EBT

Postby DHPfan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Yep definitely the best sitcom for me. Cheers follows closely along with Seinfeld too though. But nothing can beat Frasier, I mean the characters themselves are a unique blend, not to mention with actors like Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce how can any sitcom not be awesome? The whole sitcom is so classy, not like mindless slap-stick comedy, and it is true intelligent humor.
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

DHPfan wrote:not like mindless slap-stick comedy,

:twisted: I love a bit of slapstick myself.
For me, Laurel & Hardy were the masters of it 8-)
Slapstick looks deceptivly easy but it's difficult to get right with great effect.
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 am

Forever Jung wrote:

Slapstick looks deceptivly easy but it's difficult to get right with great effect.

I agree. good slapstick is amazing. Anyway, Frasier is full of slapstick.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHPfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:

I agree. good slapstick is amazing. Anyway, Frasier is full of slapstick.

Frasier? Slapstick? Definitely not! Slapstick does not require geniuses to laugh at mindlessly, while to watch Frasier you got to have the class and understanding of higher culture to appreciate...
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 am

Yep, you need real class and understanding of high culture to understand an exploding shaving foam dispenser, or a man unable to ride a bike in a straight line.

I didn't say Frasier was exclusively a slapstick comedy, i said it was full of slapstick comedy moments. Look at the Niles segment of Three Valentines - that, to me, is slapstick from start to finish? And that's one of the most popular scenes of the whole show.

Anyway, what's the big deal about Frasier being associated with slapstick? FJ already mentioned, good slapstick doesn't make for poor comedy.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHPfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Yep, you need real class and understanding of high culture to understand an exploding shaving foam dispenser, or a man unable to ride a bike in a straight line.

I didn't say Frasier was exclusively a slapstick comedy, i said it was full of slapstick comedy moments. Look at the Niles segment of Three Valentines - that, to me, is slapstick from start to finish? And that's one of the most popular scenes of the whole show.

Anyway, what's the big deal about Frasier being associated with slapstick? FJ already mentioned, good slapstick doesn't make for poor comedy.

Slapstick is, to say the least, lacking of class and it is insulting to mention in it a Frasier forum. And yes, you do need class to understand Frasier and appreciate the actors. And while, yes, in Three Valentines, he did go a bit extreme, but Niles himself is still classy, and him acting in it with so much class demonstrates its class. Slapstick does make for poor comedy, because the definition of awesome, classy comedy is Frasier. Slapstick does not require great actors or 'comic geniuses' like DHP. And thAT is the difference between Frasier and slapstick, in case you did not already understand.
DHPfan

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

DHPfan wrote:Slapstick is, to say the least, lacking of class and it is insulting to mention in it a Frasier forum. And yes, you do need class to understand Frasier and appreciate the actors. And while, yes, in Three Valentines, he did go a bit extreme, but Niles himself is still classy, and him acting in it with so much class demonstrates its class. Slapstick does make for poor comedy, because the definition of awesome, classy comedy is Frasier. Slapstick does not require great actors or 'comic geniuses' like DHP. And thAT is the difference between Frasier and slapstick, in case you did not already understand.

:lol: What a load of baloney.

Like it or not Frasier contains slapstick humour. End. of.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Frasier contains LOADS of slapstick! I just watched High Crane Drifter last night. Physical comedy at it's best (countersuit).

I'm not a huge fan of pure slapstick. I hate stuff like the Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy. On the other hand, I love the physical comedy in Frasier and, to go back a number of years, The Dick Van Dyke Show! Dick Van Dyke was a master physical comedy and could do slapstick better than anyone of that era. David Hyde Pierce reminds me a lot of Dick Van Dyke.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:45 pm

DHPfan wrote:Slapstick is, to say the least, lacking of class and it is insulting to mention in it a Frasier forum. And yes, you do need class to understand Frasier and appreciate the actors. And while, yes, in Three Valentines, he did go a bit extreme, but Niles himself is still classy, and him acting in it with so much class demonstrates its class. Slapstick does make for poor comedy, because the definition of awesome, classy comedy is Frasier. Slapstick does not require great actors or 'comic geniuses' like DHP. And thAT is the difference between Frasier and slapstick, in case you did not already understand.

:twisted: Comedy snob huh? :D
No offense, but Frasier attracts comedy snobs the way that opera attracts, well, snobs.
Some people listen to opera or watch Fraiser because they think it shows them to be inteligent.
The only opera I listen too is the opera I like because it sounds good, and the only reason I watch Frasier is because it's some real funny shit

Any physical comedy (especially that reulting in physical pain) is slapstick.And Frasier is full of it.
One of my favorite moments in frasier (see my avatar) in the toy store at Christmas.
Niles - "Iwonder what else it does".
Frasier - "Let's see if it protects your head".
WHACK!

Even the french bedroom farce of things like The Ski Lodge are just a matter of who goes where, and precission timing.
A style very remanicant of Charlie Chaplin.

Funny enough, the person who is best suited to slapstick in Frasier is DHP.His build, his expression, his acting ability and timing make him a natural.
He's certainly the fall guy for the most memorable slapstick moments in Frasier (the exploding can of foam, the christmas shop hit, crawling into Frasier's appartment after climbing the tree in the lift, etc etc etc), nobody could get away with such laughs they way he does 8-)
Forever Jung

Postby welshben23 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:02 pm

If the physical comedy of Hot'n''Foamy and 'counter suit' isn't slapstick then I don't know what is. It's a TV show, I don't think anyone needs class to watch or understand any show they like.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Any physical comedy (especially that reulting in physical pain) is slapstick.And Frasier is full of it.
One of my favorite moments in frasier (see my avatar) in the toy store at Christmas.
Niles - "Iwonder what else it does".
Frasier - "Let's see if it protects your head".
WHACK!

Just reading that makes me laugh. I know I've said this before but that scene is not only my favorite comedic scene in Frasier but my favorite comedic scene of all my TV history!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Forever Jung wrote:Funny enough, the person who is best suited to slapstick in Frasier is DHP.His build, his expression, his acting ability and timing make him a natural.
He's certainly the fall guy for the most memorable slapstick moments in Frasier (the exploding can of foam, the christmas shop hit, crawling into Frasier's appartment after climbing the tree in the lift, etc etc etc), nobody could get away with such laughs they way he does 8-)

Completely agree with that. It does a disservice to David Hyde Pierce to dismiss slapstick comedy when it's one of his strongest skills. He's got the timing and nuance down to a tee.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHPfan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:Funny enough, the person who is best suited to slapstick in Frasier is DHP.His build, his expression, his acting ability and timing make him a natural.

Completely agree with that. It does a disservice to David Hyde Pierce to dismiss slapstick comedy when it's one of his strongest skills. He's got the timing and nuance down to a tee.

Agreed!:) I think it would have been kinda sad if Frasier didn't have a younger brother, like originally planned...:) Niles is the prime target for these kind of stuoid moment because of his effeminate build and wimpyness:) And I guess just cos he is Nilesy enough to pull these kind of things off without things getting lame:) Go DHP!:)
DHPfan

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:56 pm

DHPfan wrote:Agreed!:) I think it would have been kinda sad if Frasier didn't have a younger brother, like originally planned...:) Niles is the prime target for these kind of stuoid moment because of his effeminate build and wimpyness:) And I guess just cos he is Nilesy enough to pull these kind of things off without things getting lame:) Go DHP!:)

:twisted: So we have converted you to the wisdom of slapstick then? :D
Forever Jung

Postby DHPfan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
DHPfan wrote:Agreed!:) I think it would have been kinda sad if Frasier didn't have a younger brother, like originally planned...:) Niles is the prime target for these kind of stuoid moment because of his effeminate build and wimpyness:) And I guess just cos he is Nilesy enough to pull these kind of things off without things getting lame:) Go DHP!:)

:twisted: So we have converted you to the wisdom of slapstick then? :D

Haha no, not yet :) I still don't believe that Frasier can be classified as slapstick :) Can DHP actually be considered a slapstick comedy actor? :)
DHPfan

Postby Clare » Wed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm

I have a few favourite sitcoms such as Red Dwarf, The Brittas Empire, Spaced, Only Fools and Horses and Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere. Fraiser is a show i don't really tire of though.
Clare

Postby david sim » Sat May 28, 2011 12:20 am

Absolutely. A finer one doesn't exist. The day I stop watching Frasier is the day I stop laughing at it.
I'm a big Frasier fan who wants to talk to all you other Frasier fans out there.
About why its the best sitcom ever.
david sim

Postby SpaceCam » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:41 am

Seinfeld, M*A*S*H & Family Guy used to be my favs, but Frasier has toppled them all.
I record it on the DVR & watch it every day.
It never gets old. The writing is just brilliant.
SpaceCam

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes