Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

What do you think of Freudian Sleep?

Love it!
22
85%
Hate it!
4
15%
 
Total votes : 26

Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:51 pm

The return of the fan dividers! So who else likes this ep, then? I had one dimwit reply to my season 9 review on Amazon saying that War Of The Words was most certainly not the worst ever episode of Frasier, that title belonged to season 10's Freudian Slip. After correcting his little faux pas, I remembered this ep did cause quite a stir at the time - some fans really hated it. I haven't really heard much dissent on here though.

So, Freudian Sleep - love it or hate it?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:54 pm

It's not one of my favourites, but i certainly love it more than hate it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Truly, a lot of people hate Freudian Sleep.

I love it. Especially the first Frasier dream. Niles being kept in a jar next to Eddie and when Daphne comes in with the baby and they just throw it aside and start making out. Cracks me up!

The only one I don't really care for is Martin's but it's still kind of fun.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:18 pm

I don't love it, but I do like it, and I'm glad they did such a downright bizarre episode before the show finished.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
User avatar
Bad Ambassador
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Skank Town, England

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:28 pm

I like it a lot.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:04 pm

I like it. I don't love it, but I can't vote for hate it, so love it, it is.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I had one dimwit reply to my season 9 review on Amazon saying that War Of The Words was most certainly not the worst ever episode of Frasier, that title belonged to season 10's Freudian Slip. After correcting his little faux pas


Did you tell him he was a dimwit?

Watch out. He might be a 6'10 giant! He might be after your blood!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:I had one dimwit reply to my season 9 review on Amazon saying that War Of The Words was most certainly not the worst ever episode of Frasier, that title belonged to season 10's Freudian Slip. After correcting his little faux pas


Did you tell him he was a dimwit?

Watch out. He might be a 6'10 giant! He might be after your blood!


Check out my Amazon review, his comment (and my polite response) are just below the review.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:I had one dimwit reply to my season 9 review on Amazon saying that War Of The Words was most certainly not the worst ever episode of Frasier, that title belonged to season 10's Freudian Slip. After correcting his little faux pas


Did you tell him he was a dimwit?

Watch out. He might be a 6'10 giant! He might be after your blood!


Check out my Amazon review, his comment (and my polite response) are just below the review.


I know you put the link up here once upon a time but link it again please! I want to read your response!

(although I do agree that War of the Words is NOT the worst episode in the history of the show!)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:39 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Truly, a lot of people hate Freudian Sleep.

I love it. Especially the first Frasier dream. Niles being kept in a jar next to Eddie and when Daphne comes in with the baby and they just throw it aside and start making out. Cracks me up!

The only one I don't really care for is Martin's but it's still kind of fun.


I really enjoy Martin's musical number.

And BA's right, it was great they did something so brave - it could have gone horriobly wrong and had 'Jump The Shark' written all over it.

It's not quite as much fun on rewatch, but I still think it's a highly enjoyable episode.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:44 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:I had one dimwit reply to my season 9 review on Amazon saying that War Of The Words was most certainly not the worst ever episode of Frasier, that title belonged to season 10's Freudian Slip. After correcting his little faux pas


Did you tell him he was a dimwit?

Watch out. He might be a 6'10 giant! He might be after your blood!


Check out my Amazon review, his comment (and my polite response) are just below the review.


I know you put the link up here once upon a time but link it again please! I want to read your response!

(although I do agree that War of the Words is NOT the worst episode in the history of the show!)


Your wish is my command!

BN's S9 review

Click the 'comments' tab just under the review. A couple more have been added since I last checked in, agreeing with me! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:53 pm

I think I only saw ONE agreeing with you about WOTW!

Then there was somebody who said Cheerful Goodbyes was an excellent episode! I want to know what they were smoking when they watched that episode and I want some!

Anywho.......Freudian Sleep is just a fun, nonsense episode! And the end credits with Eddie dreaming is icing on the cake!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:01 pm

And somebody called Loveblad, who has a mini review below BN's contribution, says the following:

This season contains some real gems like Frasier saydreaming about his wives and Roz falling in love with a garbage-man
:shock:

Hopefully the guards from the institution quickly rounded him up shortly after that.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:05 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I think I only saw ONE agreeing with you about WOTW!

Then there was somebody who said Cheerful Goodbyes was an excellent episode! I want to know what they were smoking when they watched that episode and I want some!


Yeah you're right. I used to quite like Cheerful Goodbyes but it's probably my least favourite ep with former Cheers cast members (yep, I even prefer the Woody one! :shock: )
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:And somebody called Loveblad, who has a mini review below BN's contribution, says the following:

This season contains some real gems like Frasier saydreaming about his wives and Roz falling in love with a garbage-man
:shock:

Hopefully the guards from the institution quickly rounded him up shortly after that.


Yeah, it's funny what some people consider to be 'real gems'. :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fan Dividers - "Freudian Sleep"

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:BN's S9 review


War of the Words is Frasier's finest moment, you fiend!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:And somebody called Loveblad, who has a mini review below BN's contribution, says the following:

This season contains some real gems like Frasier saydreaming about his wives and Roz falling in love with a garbage-man
:shock:

Hopefully the guards from the institution quickly rounded him up shortly after that.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I realize we're kind of drifting off topic here but I always love it when people think Frasier is "day dreaming" in Don Juan in Hell. That's one of my Frasier pet peeves! He is not day dreaming people! He's analyzing!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Pisa32 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:And somebody called Loveblad, who has a mini review below BN's contribution, says the following:

This season contains some real gems like Frasier saydreaming about his wives and Roz falling in love with a garbage-man
:shock:

Hopefully the guards from the institution quickly rounded him up shortly after that.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I realize we're kind of drifting off topic here but I always love it when people think Frasier is "day dreaming" in Don Juan in Hell. That's one of my Frasier pet peeves! He is not day dreaming people! He's analyzing!


Exactly! Why would he be daydreaming about his wives/ girlfriends and mother to come to a decision about who to date?

Back to the original topic, I said love it. Downright bizarre, but a great ep.
Frasier: What do you do when the romance goes out of a relationship?
Roz: I get dressed and go home.
User avatar
Pisa32
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Postby ouroboros » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Ah cool, one of the few 'fan divider' polls I can vote in! I really like it.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
User avatar
ouroboros
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: London

Postby Stratman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:00 am

Love it.
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby Mary » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:06 pm

It was ok, a bit wierd but ok.
And I liked the final clip of Eddie's dream.
User avatar
Mary
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Postby palinlover » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:10 pm

I have voted for love it but it isn't one of my fav's. I find it funny but it is a very stange episode!
palinlover
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Reading, England

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Can't really vote here because I'm right in the middle with this one. Loved it first time I saw it though.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby Paul B » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 pm

I really like it, it was a nice unorthodox episode. Frasier seems to do those really well. Niles' dream was really well directed, I thought.
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:52 am

Wow, 16 votes to 1 suggests that guy from Amazon was dead wrong in his opinion of this as the 'worst episode ever'. Still, it looks like I was wrong when I said it divides fans! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron

© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.