Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Frasier Episode - Season 2

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Slow Tango in South Seattle
13%
The Unkindest Cut of All
6%
The Matchmaker
No votes
Flour Child
No votes
Duke's, We Hardly Knew Ye
3%
The Botched Language of Cranes
3%
The Candidate
No votes
Adventures in Paradise, Part 1
No votes
Adventures in Paradise, Part 2
No votes
Burying a Grudge
26%
Seat of Power
3%
Roz in the Doghouse
No votes
Retirement is Murder
No votes
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice...
10%
You Scratch My Book...
3%
The Show Where Sam Shows Up
29%
Daphne's Room
No votes
The Club
No votes
Someone to Watch over Me
No votes
Breaking the Ice
No votes
An Affair to Forget
No votes
Agents in America, Part III
No votes
The Innkeepers
No votes
Dark Victory
3%

Total votes : 31

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:53 pm

I think it's time for a different approach to these polls! Simply select your least favourite episode from season 2. Eventually, after 11 polls are complete, we will pit them all against each other. Not sure exactly what this will achieve, but I thought it would make a fun change.

Each poll will last a week. (except this one - I forgot to set it for 7 days :()
Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:54 pm

My vote goes to Burying a Grudge. Season 2 is probably the most consistent season of them all, but this was just a lacklustre affair with nothing really memorable. A rare clunker in a season full of classics, and one I usually skip on the DVD set.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:56 pm

'The Show Where Sam Shows Up' for me, but I suppose it may have been a different story if I'd seen more of Cheers.

Looking down that list, it surprised me just how good Season 2 is - nothing really stands out as particularly bad here. 'Fool Me Once...' is a bit dull, and I'm wild about 'Retirement is Murder', but apart from that, it's a fine season!
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:'The Show Where Sam Shows Up' for me, but I suppose it may have been a different story if I'd seen more of Cheers.

I love Cheers, but I too thought that was a rather lacklustre episode. Definitely not up there with the best of the Cheers re-unions, and sadly it's the last we'll ever see of Sam Malone.
Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:'Fool Me Once...' is a bit dull, and I'm wild about 'Retirement is Murder', but apart from that, it's a fine season!

It is an excellent season, and a recent re-watch has confirmed its position as my favourite. I quite enjoy "Fool Me Once...", which is a laugh riot until the scene where Frasier finally confronts his impersonator. It's like the episode just gave up at that point, which is surprising considering Christopher Lloyd wrote it. I also rather enjoy "Retirement is Murder", although I admit it does seem a bit too zany for a season of such high calibre.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Was a toss up between Burying a Grudge and Fool Me Once.......

Dislike both of them pretty much but had to go wtih Burying a Grudge.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 pm

I love Cheers, but I too thought that was a rather lacklustre episode. Definitely not up there with the best of the Cheers re-unions, and sadly it's the last we'll ever see of Sam Malone.

I must make a conscious effort to get started with my Season 1 Cheers DVD. I have a feeling I'm missing out on something good.

The Cheers reunions are great on the whole, though - apart from the Lilith ones and the Diane episode.
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

The Cheers reunions are great on the whole, though - apart from the Lilith ones and the Diane episode.

What is there left?! Please don't say "Cheerful Goodbyes"... and I for one thought Diane's swan song was absolutely hilarious, and have always enjoyed Lilith's recurring role. You sure are a controversial Frasier fan!
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:08 pm

Paul B wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:'Fool Me Once...' is a bit dull, and I'm wild about 'Retirement is Murder', but apart from that, it's a fine season!

It is an excellent season, and a recent re-watch has confirmed its position as my favourite. I quite enjoy "Fool Me Once...", which is a laugh riot until the scene where Frasier finally confronts his impersonator. It's like the episode just gave up at that point, which is surprising considering Christopher Lloyd wrote it. I also rather enjoy "Retirement is Murder", although I admit it does seem a bit too zany for a season of such high calibre.

Chris Lloyd is my favourite member of the Frasier writing staff, so it does seem odd that 'Fool Me Once..' is quite a lifeless episode. I don't have a problem with the first 15 minutes of 'Retirement is Murder', but I don't like the ending where Frasier digs himself in deeper and ends up completely humiliated for trying to do Martin a good turn. Maybe I'm just too soppy...

I actually quite like your choice - 'Burying A Grudge'. It's not the funniest episode ever by any means, but I think the emotional stuff works well.

Not sure if I could call S2 my favourite season - but it's up there, which is saying something because I used to see it as overrated. Season 3 is my favourite probably, with S2/4 tieing for second place.
Cake for Brains

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:09 pm

What is there left?! Please don't say "Cheerful Goodbyes"... and I for one thought Diane's swan song was absolutely hilarious, and have always enjoyed Lilith's recurring role. You sure are a controversial Frasier fan!

Oops! I meant to say 'except for the Lilith/Diane episodes'. That'll teach me to be more careful when posting. :oops:
Cake for Brains

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Burying A Grudge is the lowest on my S2 list
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:'The Show Where Sam Shows Up' for me, but I suppose it may have been a different story if I'd seen more of Cheers.

I've seen hardly any Cheers, but I have seen Becker, which starts Ted Danson. It was weird - it was like Frasier was talking to Becker...! I liked the episode, though.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Paul B wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

Agree with Paul here!

Apart from the Diane one, the recurring Lilith role and The Show Where Sam Shows Up, all we have left is Cheerful Goodbyes and The Show Where Woody Shows Up. Both of which are incredibly lackluster!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:14 pm

Apart from the Diane one, the recurring Lilith role and The Show Where Sam Shows Up, all we have left is Cheerful Goodbyes and The Show Where Woody Shows Up. Both of which are incredibly lackluster!

I agree with that too. I messed up my above post.
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:21 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

Oops! I meant to say 'except for the Lilith/Diane episodes'. That'll teach me to be more careful when posting. :oops:

OK, I feel better now! Ignore my follow up to Paul's post! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Burying a Grudge is my least favourite from season 2.
welshben23

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

None, I like them all. There are about five that tie for the weakest of the season, but they're all good, and equally good at that, so no vote from me
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 pm

You can't pick a least favourite episode? Call yourself a listmaster? :P :wink:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:You can't pick a least favourite episode? Call yourself a listmaster? :P :wink:

I agree, tut tut!! That's abysmal! :lol: :twisted:
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:31 pm

I voted for Burying a Grudge.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby !Amz! » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:35 pm

Disc 3 of the boxset was disapointing for me (all except Daphne's Room) , but I voted The Show Where Sam Shows Up.[/i]
!Amz!

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:03 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:You can't pick a least favourite episode? Call yourself a listmaster? :P :wink:

I agree, tut tut!! That's abysmal! :lol: :twisted:

I know, I know, I'm a miserable failure. :D
Wezzo

Postby ouroboros » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:all we have left is Cheerful Goodbyes and The Show Where Woody Shows Up. Both of which are incredibly lackluster!

Really?! Agree about 'Cheerful Goodbyes' but I actually really liked 'The Show Where Woody Shows Up'. Especially the end exchange between Woody and Frasier I thought it was very profound. And I love the very end where they say Cheers. Especially the way Frasier says it. I get goosebumps!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby ouroboros » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:57 am

Oops forgot to say I haven't seen all of Season 2 yet *hangs head in shame* so I can't vote but I'm glad to see that 'Fool me once...' isn't thought much of as I was like 'ehh' when I saw it. I look forward to finally getting it though cos if 'The Matchmaker' and 'The Inkeepers' are anything to go by I'lll be in stitches!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby welshben23 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:01 am

ouroboros wrote:Oops forgot to say I haven't seen all of Season 2 yet *hangs head in shame* so I can't vote but I'm glad to see that 'Fool me once...' isn't thought much of as I was like 'ehh' when I saw it. I look forward to finally getting it though cos if 'The Matchmaker' and 'The Inkeepers' are anything to go by I'lll be in stitches!

You definitely will be. I watched The Matchmaker last night again, I laughed just as much as I've always done.
welshben23

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes