Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Worst Frasier Episode - Season 1

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Worst Frasier Episode - Season 1

Poll ended at Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:57 pm

The Good Son
No votes
Space Quest
No votes
Dinner at Eight
No votes
I Hate Frasier Crane
5%
Here's Looking at You
No votes
The Crucible
23%
Call Me Irresponsible
No votes
Beloved Infidel
No votes
Selling Out
5%
Oops
5%
Death Becomes Him
5%
Miracle on Third or Fourth Street
5%
Guess Who's Coming to Breakfast
No votes
Can't Buy Me Love
5%
You Can't Tell a Crook by His Cover
5%
The Show Where Lilith Comes Back
9%
A Midwinter Night's Dream
No votes
And the Whimper is...
No votes
Give Him the Chair!
No votes
Fortysomething
27%
Travels with Martin
No votes
Author, Author
9%
Frasier Crane's Day Off
No votes
My Coffee with Niles
No votes

Total votes : 22

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:01 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what Cakey thinks is OOC.

The boys arguing and fighting with each other is certainly not out of character. Certainly they do that in Shrink Rap. Frasier THROWS A PLANT THROUGH A WINDOW! But yet, you don't find that out of character?

The whole you stole my mommy thing is not out of character either as that was always a bone of contention between them. In fact, for a first season episode, I think Author, Author does quite a good job of setting up future episodes. Certainly Shrink Rap being one of the better ones.

The fact that a lot of the comedy comes from sarcastic and nasty comments is a valid point and I can understand if you use that as a reason for your dislike. (I disagree but I understand) but not the OOC reasoning.

I think it's OOC because...

All of the central characters (particularly Frasier, Niles and Roz) seemed to be continually sniping at one another, and in some scenes they came across as being very unlikeable. Here are a couple of instances:

(After their hilarious 'some boys go to college' song, Frasier agrees to help write the book and Niles yells: 'YESSS!', which seemed a tad unlikely in the earlier seasons, because Niles wasn't like that.

Frasier and Niles were so eager to make fun at Martin (when he's wearing the headphones) that some of their comments sounded a tad malicious.
Frasier: Hey Dad, nice shirt! What did they throw that in the last time you had your tyres rotated?

Martin: So, who wants a beer?
Frasier: Just you

Niles: I think it's borderline sleezy, let's go for it!

Roz (talking about Niles): And I'm not taking any of his crapola

Niles: That was my radio persona. Every great radio personality has one,
Frasier: I don't
Niles: Mu point exactly

Frasier: Niles, I would shave my head for you
Niles: A gesture which becomes less meaningful with each passing year

Frasier: Well I said it was interesting, but I guess the task that lays ahead of us is to decide whether or not we want an interesting opening sentence or a good one.

Frasier: What was that crap about boundaries!

Frasier: And that reference to the Lenon reference is from the freakin' moon? (Not really the refined language Frasier is known for)

Frasier and Niles using physical violence to settle their differences.

Interesting as I don't find any of that stuff out of character. Frasier and Niles make fun of Martin all the time. Roz makes fun of Frasier and Niles all the time. And Frasier and Niles sniping at each other? Constantly!

Frasier and Niles resorting to physical violence due to frustration, sleep deprivation and some alcohol (at least in Frasier's case) was certainly no OOC. They are brothers and they beat on each other! They beat on each other when they were young. And in later episodes. Recall Frasier beating Niles in the head with a pillow and physically throwing him into a snowbank in Four For the Seesaw. Recall them almost coming to blows in Shrink Rap. I'm sure I could find other times and I believe there is a scene in Mama Mia where we see a young Niles being picked on by a young Frasier. It's what brothers do. And just because they are adults, doesn't mean they don't still get on each others nerves now and again.

I'm going to get you past this OOC notion Cakey! If it's the last thing I do!!!!! :wink:

Good luck with that! :lol: :P
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:03 pm

I've always known that The Crucible has never been a popular episode, but I'm quite surprised at the number of votes it's got - it's one of my favourites of the season.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby bitesthedust » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:59 pm

The Crucible is my pick.
bitesthedust

Postby Lil » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 am

A tie between Can't Buy Me Love and Fortysomething.

Both have their creep factors.
Lil

Re: Worst Frasier Episode - Season 1

Postby EMDN » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

The Crucible.

But Beloved Infidel is one of the worst Season 1 episodes, in my opinion.
EMDN

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Glad somebody brought this thread back to the first page. I was just reading the discussion I had with Cakey about Author, Author. Guess what? He doesn't hate it anymore!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:33 am

My answer has changed since last year! I now choose Fortysomething as the worst episode, followed by Can't Buy Me Love and Oops.
Lil

Postby klippan15 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:06 pm

It's a toss-up between Fortysomething,and Beloved Infidel for me.
Probably Fortysomething because even Martin has little to do to save face in this episode.
klippan15

Postby habu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:31 pm

I nominate Fortysomething as the worst from Season One. I don't have a next worst, as all the others were just so much better than this one. :)
habu

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:21 pm

I agree that Fortysomething is pretty awful but I still hate The Crucible more than any other S1 episode.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby habu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I agree that Fortysomething is pretty awful but I still hate The Crucible more than any other S1 episode.

I'm going to watch The Crucible one more time, I just need to know now. :D
habu

Postby habu » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Alright, CatNamedRudy. I have to admit I favour The Crucible as much as Fortysomething, now! I cannot decide which is actually worse in my mind.
:D
habu

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes