Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Battle of the Seasons - Episode 23

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Battle of the Seasons - Best Episode 23?

Poll ended at Fri May 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Frasier Crane's Day Off (Season 1)
33%
The Innkeepers (Season 2)
44%
The Focus Group (Season 3)
No votes
Ask Me No Questions (Season 4)
No votes
Party, Party (Season 5)
No votes
Shutout in Seattle Part 1 (Season 6)
11%
Something Borrowed, Somone Blue (Season 7)
6%
A Day in May (Season 8)
No votes
The Guilt Trippers (Season 9)
No votes
Analysed Kiss (Season 10)
No votes
Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)
6%

Total votes : 18

Battle of the Seasons - Episode 23

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 pm

Well, I botched up the 'Episode 23' poll I started this morning, but Stu was kind enough to delete it for me, so here's a fresh one!

I have to confess that I'm pretty happy with the way these polls seem to be going, so I thought I'd go on right ahead and start off the next one. I think we got 22 votes for one of them - which is a personal record for me!

You know the drill by now - vote for your favourite 23rd episode from the eleven seasons.

The poll will remain open for a week.

Happy voting!

The final stretch... penultimate poll!
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 pm

The biggest problem with these polls if that I have to separate the two-parters in order to make the polls work properly, so please bear the following in mind:

* If you vote for Shutout in Seattle, you are only voting for the first half (the breakfast scene, for example). You are not voting for the Goldfinger rendition or Niles in a leather jacket.
* If you vote for Something Borrowed, Someone Blue, you are not voting for the Niles/Daphne balcony scenes because that bit doesn't occur until the second half of the episode. You are voting for the stuff in Frasier's apartment, such as when Niles reveals he's married to Mel.
* If you vote for Goodnight Seattle, you are not voting for Frasier's farewell well Ulyses radio broadcast or his goodbye's to his family. Hope this makes sense.

Anyway, I was torn between 'The Innkeepers' and the first part of 'Shutout in Seattle'. I decided to go for the latter, because no-one else will vote for it. I think it's criminally underrated and underappreciated, and definitely prefer it to SBSB and Goodnight Seattle.
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Fri May 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Great batch, but The Innkeepers just wins out, as I find the first halves of GS, SBSB and SIS slightly weaker than their respective part 2s.
Wezzo

Postby me123 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 pm

The innkeepers is a classic episode, so it had to win here. I would also like to have voted for:

Frasier Crane's Day Off
Party Party
Shutout in Seattle
SBSB (Although I much prefer the second half).
me123

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri May 11, 2007 11:54 pm

I've decided to give my vote to Frasier Crane's Day Off... just pipping The Innkeepers by the smallest of margins. There's a few very decent episodes amongst this batch.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri May 11, 2007 11:59 pm

Had to be the first half of Goodnight, Seattle for me.

Unlike a lot of people, I prefer the first part to the second although the end itself is wonderful.

Frasier Crane's Day Off runs a close second.

Something Borrowed, Someone Blue is a classic but it doesn't rank above Goodnight, Seattle or Frasier Crane's Day Off and I prefer the second half. (the balcony scenes are wonderful)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby DHP » Sat May 12, 2007 12:39 am

Almost The Innkeepers, but Frasier Crane's Day Off takes it for me. Along with My Coffee With Niles, it was the episode I nearly wore disc 4 of my season 1 collection out with. Happy memories of watching it over and over, and of successfully introducing several people to the show with it too.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat May 12, 2007 12:51 am

I've never understood the love for 'Frasier Crane's Day Off', I have to say. Although it does introduce us to Gil Chesterton I suppose.
Cake for Brains

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 12, 2007 1:21 am

I voted for The Innkeepers.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat May 12, 2007 1:31 am

Cake for Brains wrote:I've never understood the love for 'Frasier Crane's Day Off', I have to say. Although it does introduce us to Gil Chesterton I suppose.

Ahh.......what do you know you Author, Author hater you! :wink:

Frasier Crane's Day Off is just simply stupidly funny!

"Hello! You're on the Crane with Frasier air!"

To be honest though, I never quite got the love for The Innkeepers.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby me123 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:40 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Frasier Crane's Day Off is just simply stupidly funny!

"Hello! You're on the Crane with Frasier air!"

That is a fantastlic episode!

"These pills have some slide effects!"
me123

Postby Stratman » Sat May 12, 2007 9:15 am

''Frasier Cranes Day Off'' for me.
Stratman

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sat May 12, 2007 11:31 am

'The Innkeepers' - as with most of the episodes I've voted for in these polls, it highlights an essential element of Frasier in a nutshell.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Stratman » Sat May 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:'The Innkeepers' - as with most of the episodes I've voted for in these polls, it highlights an essential element of Frasier in a nutshell.

If it weren't for the completely over the top ending I'd have voted for it.
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:I've never understood the love for 'Frasier Crane's Day Off', I have to say. Although it does introduce us to Gil Chesterton I suppose.

First Author, Author, now this :shock: check your temperature - you'll be voting War Of The Words your number one episode next ;)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Stratman wrote:
Bad Ambassador wrote:'The Innkeepers' - as with most of the episodes I've voted for in these polls, it highlights an essential element of Frasier in a nutshell.

If it weren't for the completely over the top ending I'd have voted for it.

It was the tightest of margins that made me choose Day Off this time around. i surprised myself as i'd normally have gone with Innkeepers.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat May 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

First Author, Author, now this :shock: check your temperature - you'll be voting War Of The Words your number one episode next ;)

I like 'Frasier Crane's Day Off', but I just don't consider it the classic episode that most people.

I went through a period of disliking 'The Innkeepers' too, but I realised how great it is again now.
Cake for Brains

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

I like 'Frasier Crane's Day Off', but I just don't consider it the classic episode that most people.

I went through a period of disliking 'The Innkeepers' too, but I realised how great it is again now.

It's fair enough. What rating do you think you'd give it?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat May 12, 2007 12:30 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

Probably 80%, which is still a fair score. What score would you give it?
Cake for Brains

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

Probably 80%, which is still a fair score. What score would you give it?

Oh somewhere in the mid 90s for me. I can't explain why i like it so much recently, but i find it quite hilarious.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sat May 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Stratman wrote:If it weren't for the completely over the top ending I'd have voted for it.

A farce has to keep building and building. I love that ending. 'The Innkeepers' is the best outright farce the show ever did, in my opinion.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Stratman wrote:If it weren't for the completely over the top ending I'd have voted for it.

I loved the ending. It reminded me of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. You've never seen that show, have you?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat May 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I loved the ending. It reminded me of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. You've never seen that show, have you?

Not since I was forced to watch it along with every other lame British sitcom...
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 1:43 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:

A farce has to keep building and building. I love that ending. 'The Innkeepers' is the best outright farce the show ever did, in my opinion.

I agree. Simply delicious.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Stratman wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Not since I was forced to watch it along with every other lame British sitcom...

How come you had to watch all these shows? There must have been enough lame aussie sitcoms to keep you occupied as a child? :) Are you're parents ex-pats or something?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes