Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Battle of the Seasons - Episode 18

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Battle of the Seasons - Best Episode 18?

Poll ended at Mon May 07, 2007 4:11 pm

And the Whimper Is... (Season 1)
No votes
The Club (Season 2)
No votes
Chess Pains (Season 3)
26%
Ham Radio (Season 4)
74%
Bad Dog (Season 5)
No votes
Taps at the Montana (Season 6)
No votes
Hot Pursuit (Season 7)
No votes
Forgotten But Not Gone (Season 8)
No votes
War of the Words (Season 9)
No votes
Roe to Perdition (Season 10)
No votes
Match Game (Season 11)
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue May 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Probably between 50 and 60% which, for me, is average. I don't think it's too bad, actually. I certainly didn't hate it when I saw it.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:32 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:A little game - what percentage score would everyone give War of the Words?

About 65%-70% for me - nowhere near as bad as it's reputation suggests.

I gave it 35% on the R&R section, which was quite generous compared to Jocelyn's 30%! :lol:

Stu also revised his rating down from 62/63% to 45% I think. By far the lowest score he's given any episode in his capsule reviews.

Yep, before he revised his episode capsules, I'm pretty sure Stu rated WOTW on a par with Author, Author at 63%. Sounds about right to me. :)

I think my lowest score is for 'A Day in May' with a fairly generous 49%.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Yep, before he revised his episode capsules, I'm pretty sure Stu rated WOTW on a par with Author, Author at 63%. Sounds about right to me.

He's since changed both scores to more accurately reflect their quality. :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:A little game - what percentage score would everyone give War of the Words?

About 65%-70% for me - nowhere near as bad as it's reputation suggests.

I gave it 35% on the R&R section, which was quite generous compared to Jocelyn's 30%! :lol:

Stu also revised his rating down from 62/63% to 45% I think. By far the lowest score he's given any episode in his capsule reviews.

Yep, before he revised his episode capsules, I'm pretty sure Stu rated WOTW on a par with Author, Author at 63%. Sounds about right to me. :)

I think my lowest score is for 'A Day in May' with a fairly generous 49%.

I just don't understand the hate for Author, Author! I just watched it again the other day and it ranks up pretty high for me. The whole scene in the motel room is great culminating with the mommy line!

But even after that when Niles and Frasier aren't speaking to each other and Niles utters the line "You look stupid in a t-shirt!" And Frasier offering Niles the muffin! It's all just so funny!

I haven't reviewed anything for this site but iffin I did, my lowest score would go to Enemy at the Gate at 45% (and that's being generous but Roz doing Frasier's show saves it from a lower score)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Yep, before he revised his episode capsules, I'm pretty sure Stu rated WOTW on a par with Author, Author at 63%. Sounds about right to me.

He's since changed both scores to more accurately reflect their quality. :wink:

No comment. I just hope 'Author, Author' faces some tough competition when it comes to that particular poll. I'll be mortified to see it win.
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 3:39 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I just don't understand the hate for Author, Author! I just watched it again the other day and it ranks up pretty high for me. The whole scene in the motel room is great culminating with the mommy line!

But even after that when Niles and Frasier aren't speaking to each other and Niles utters the line "You look stupid in a t-shirt!" And Frasier offering Niles the muffin! It's all just so funny!

I know - it's actually a top-10 episode for me. Brilliantly hilarious stuff.
Wezzo

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Wezzo wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I just don't understand the hate for Author, Author! I just watched it again the other day and it ranks up pretty high for me. The whole scene in the motel room is great culminating with the mommy line!

But horribly out of character. 'Frasier' has always prided itself on wit, but we end up with is Frasier and Niles actually using physical violence on one another. The comedy stems from character's being really bitchy and nasty to one another, and Frasier seems unlikeable. 'Crap' and 'Freakin' aren't words that you hear him use on a regular basis, and I'm glad of that.

I can't talk though. It used to rank as one of my all-time favourites. Thank God I never wrote a review for it on the R&R section. Still, I've seen the light... but that's debatable!
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

But horribly out of character. 'Frasier' has always prided itself on wit, but we end up with is Frasier and Niles actually using physical violence on one another. The comedy stems from character's being really bitchy and nasty to one another, and Frasier seems unlikeable. 'Crap' and 'Freakin' aren't words that you hear him use on a regular basis, and I'm glad of that.

I can't talk though. It used to rank as one of my all-time favourites. Thank God I never wrote a review for it on the R&R section. Still, I've seen the light... but that's debatable!

Damn right it's debateable! All that 24 and Six Feet Under watching has damaged your usually-accurate opinion on comedy! ;)
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Wezzo wrote:

I like it, it's a funny ep. But I used to think it was a classic and some of the OOC stuff has lessened it's greatness for me. I'd give it about 80% now, I reckon.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Damn right it's debateable! All that 24 and Six Feet Under watching has damaged your usually-accurate opinion on comedy!

Is that a compliment? :)

And if it's debatable, let's debate - bring it on Ducky, you've got nothing!
Cake for Brains

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

I like it, it's a funny ep. But I used to think it was a classic and some of the OOC stuff has lessened it's greatness for me. I'd give it about 80% now, I reckon.

About 50%-55% from me. It's in my bottom five. :oops:
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Damn right it's debateable! All that 24 and Six Feet Under watching has damaged your usually-accurate opinion on comedy!

Well, now you've gone and scared him! :shock: A duck cannot stand up to the harsh wrath of an "Author Author" hater!
Wezzo

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 3:57 pm

Wezzo wrote:

I rank it just below Shrink Rap in the sibling rivalry category of episodes.

Not sure it would hit my top 10 but it comes close.

Frasier and Niles being nasty to each other happens more than once and this is the first time you see it. In Shrink Rap they are nasty to each other and Frasier's deal with the bathroom key is just as juvenile as most of the stuff in Author, Author! "Right here buddy boy!!!"

The episode gets and A grade from me for sure and possibly an A+. 95%!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

Well, now you've gone and scared him! :shock: A duck cannot stand up to the harsh wrath of an "Author Author" hater!

Oh come on....Ducky can take it!

BEWARE THE WRATH OF THE DUCKY!!!!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 3:59 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

I rank it just below Shrink Rap in the sibling rivalry category of episodes.

Not sure it would hit my top 10 but it comes close.

Frasier and Niles being nasty to each other happens more than once and this is the first time you see it. In Shrink Rap they are nasty to each other and Frasier's deal with the bathroom key is just as juvenile as most of the stuff in Author, Author! "Right here buddy boy!!!"

The episode gets and A grade from me for sure and possibly an A+. 95%!

I love Shrink Rap. It makes my Top 10 probably - just hilarious! Now that's how the sibling rivalry should be done. :)
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 4:03 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Wezzo wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

Oh come on....Ducky can take it!

BEWARE THE WRATH OF THE DUCKY!!!!

:lol: Yep, I was deliberately underselling his powers so that when Ducky does exact revenge, it is all the more unexpected..
Wezzo

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:06 pm

I love Shrink Rap. It makes my Top 10 probably - just hilarious! Now that's how the sibling rivalry should be done.

But they are still nasty to each other! Frasier throws a freakin' plant through the window! THAT'S not OOC?
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 4:08 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
I love Shrink Rap. It makes my Top 10 probably - just hilarious! Now that's how the sibling rivalry should be done.

But they are still nasty to each other! Frasier throws a freakin' plant through the window! THAT'S not OOC?

Er.. no... n-not at all. :)
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

LOL! Although I must admit, that my hatred for The Crucible and Deathtrap is the result of OOC stuff so I guess it's just WHICH OOC stuff we like!

Actually, I take that back about Deathtrap. My hatred for that is the entire premise of the episode. Much like Fraternal Schwinns.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 4:34 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

LOL! Although I must admit, that my hatred for The Crucible and Deathtrap is the result of OOC stuff so I guess it's just WHICH OOC stuff we like!

Actually, I take that back about Deathtrap. My hatred for that is the entire premise of the episode. Much like Fraternal Schwinns.

Deathtrap's great. Your opinion is wrong! :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Deathtrap SUCKS! My opinion is TRUTH! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stratman » Tue May 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

''Deathtrap'' is awful. Your opinion is wrong! Two against one. :)
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 4:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Deathtrap SUCKS! My opinion is TRUTH! :D

*backs down a little* Ok it's not great but it doesn't SUCK!! It's an above average episode and is a rare Niles/Frasier centred ep, which has to give it some brownie points, surely? Niles and Daphne should have been split up for the story pairings more often, I reckon.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

''Deathtrap'' is awful. Your opinion is wrong! Two against one. :)

Bah! Why did you have to show up! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Tue May 01, 2007 4:52 pm

The entire thing was a bust, Daphne's wierd rat spiel, Niles roleplaying as an old woman, huge OCC moments...
Stratman

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes