Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Age range of Frasier watching

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

What do you think the age range is of people who watch Frasier?

1-9
0
No votes
9-13
2
2%
13-18
13
14%
18-29
21
22%
11 and up
18
19%
29 and up
12
13%
30 and up
20
21%
40 and up
9
9%
 
Total votes : 95

Postby me123 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Wezzo wrote:Yeah, the "A18-49" is what most shows are after.


MOst people are about that age so it's the natural target. They usually appeal down to 13 though, and can go up to 60 if it has a good run. (Dedicated fans usually).
me123
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:47 am

me123 wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Yeah, the "A18-49" is what most shows are after.


MOst people are about that age so it's the natural target. They usually appeal down to 13 though, and can go up to 60 if it has a good run. (Dedicated fans usually).


It's a bit of a wide range to target though. You have to target an age range within that, otherwise i suspect it's so broad that things will likely be watered down. Friends, for example, may well aim for the 18-49 demographic, but i would doubt that many over 40s really could give a damn about it when it started. i would imagine 15-35 tops, in general. It would have obviously grown into a broader age range over time.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby DHP » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:46 pm

I find it a bit strange that there's a category for 29 and up, and then a category for 30 and up. :P I think it's 18-29 anyway, as I know a few people who watch Frasier and they all fall into that bracket.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
User avatar
DHP
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby scrambled eggs » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:42 pm

I beg to differ, my daughter is almost two and she watches it all the time! ok ok, as soon as she's old enough to ask i'll unlock the door for her....... :wink:
scrambled eggs
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:30 pm

Postby whitefang » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:41 am

awww!! my cousin is two!! maybe next time she visits I'll put on frasier! :lol:
User avatar
whitefang
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:25 am
Location: PA

Postby Mayday Malone » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:11 pm

I wasn't going to vote but did the 18-29 section, mainly as I'm in that group.
However I started when I was 8, going off kilter I remember The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl and laughing so hard at the fact that Niles' air bag had blown up but my mum saying I shouldn't be laughing that hard. I guess because she thought I was laughing at Kate & Frasier. I'm 21 now, and I laugh at it all.

Friends at school, I should add also 8/9 watched it and I still watch it, some do. I think as young as 12 say.

Whew, Mayday never talked this much in Cheers!
"I'm afraid I can't. I shall be at home listening to Schubert whilst ironically viewing Canadian pornography."
User avatar
Mayday Malone
 
Posts: 12673
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:22 am

Postby scrambled eggs » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm

you must consider it your official duty pb24 :wink:
scrambled eggs
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:30 pm

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:51 am

I said 30- up, but I still think younger people watch it, I just think that's probably the typical range. I'm 14.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
User avatar
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: Juneau, AK

11 and up

Postby Sabres23 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:12 pm

I am in high school, and people still talk about this show! My sister, younger than me, also watches this show along with many friends. I know people from their age all the way to my grandparents who watch this.
User avatar
Sabres23
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby ouroboros » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm

I said 30 and up because until I found this site I didn't know anyone my age (26) or lower that watched it.

Very refreshing! :P
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
User avatar
ouroboros
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: London

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:53 pm

i said quite young, as I'm seventeen and i watch it!

i think it also depends on the intellect of the person, not the age as all of the people i know that watch Frasier, who are various ages are all above average intellegence! so basically if ur dumb u don't like Frasier is my theory
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Postby domi_dot_com » Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 pm

i voted 30 and up coz of the adult humour, i got into it coz my parents watched it, and i get jokes after watching the episode 10 times sometimes lol :lol:
5HRINK
User avatar
domi_dot_com
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am
Location: Australia

Postby Stratman » Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 pm

insaneasperger wrote:i said quite young, as I'm seventeen and i watch it!

i think it also depends on the intellect of the person, not the age as all of the people i know that watch Frasier, who are various ages are all above average intellegence! so basically if ur dumb u don't like Frasier is my theory


Wow, what a foolish assumption...
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby domi_dot_com » Sun May 20, 2007 12:22 pm

.
Last edited by domi_dot_com on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
5HRINK
User avatar
domi_dot_com
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am
Location: Australia

Postby domi_dot_com » Sun May 20, 2007 12:25 pm

.
Last edited by domi_dot_com on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
5HRINK
User avatar
domi_dot_com
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am
Location: Australia

Postby me123 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:35 pm

domi_dot_com wrote:
Stratman wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:i said quite young, as I'm seventeen and i watch it!

i think it also depends on the intellect of the person, not the age as all of the people i know that watch Frasier, who are various ages are all above average intellegence! so basically if ur dumb u don't like Frasier is my theory


Wow, what a foolish assumption...


i don't think so, i think that's brilliant!!! just the assumption i was trying to fork out, i don't like to toot my own horn, but i'm probably smarter that most of my friends at school who hate frasier, but i have some fairly inteigent friends who like i too (but not half as much as me) but i have to say that watching frasier has made me a hell of a lot smarter!!


Interesting idea, not foolish. A lot of people won't understand the jokes in Frasier because they can't link the ideas. For example, one of my friends does not get the idea of Maris or Lilith being described as "cold" because they haven't understood the connection.

Maybe unintelligent is a bit harsh, and it is too general an assumption, but as a general trend, it could be investigated. IQ against Frasier would be an interesting experiment.
me123
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am

Postby Rodge » Sun May 20, 2007 2:34 pm

domi_dot_com wrote:
Stratman wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:i said quite young, as I'm seventeen and i watch it!

i think it also depends on the intellect of the person, not the age as all of the people i know that watch Frasier, who are various ages are all above average intellegence! so basically if ur dumb u don't like Frasier is my theory


Wow, what a foolish assumption...


i don't think so, i think that's brilliant!!! just the assumption i was trying to fork out, i don't like to toot my own horn, but i'm probably smarter that most of my friends at school who hate frasier, but i have some fairly inteigent friends who like i too (but not half as much as me) but i have to say that watching frasier has made me a hell of a lot smarter!!


I'm with you here Strat. The assumption is insulting and 'foolish'. The irony is that I know a lot of people who's so called intelligence (and I am not talking academic here as that does not equal intelligence) varies greatly, but still like Fraiser, and I also know some very smart people who absolutely hate Frasier, and mainly because he was a "big headed, up his own arse, arrogant fool" - I hope I'm not being too subtle!! :wink:
Fraiser's writing is very clever; granted, but you don't have to be clever to watch and understand all the jokes. They are not that high-brow. I've come across more high-brow jokes on The Simpsons.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

Postby Stratman » Sun May 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Precisely. The show is far from being the smartest thing on TV, the vast majority of the comedy is sex jokes and slapstick, it's witty, but it's not like people won't get the jokes. They may, however, not find the jokes funny. And yes, The Simpsons is filled with smarter jokes that nobody gets, and probably won't even notice until the 3rd or 4th viewing.
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby Rodge » Sun May 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Stratman wrote:Precisely. The show is far from being the smartest thing on TV, the vast majority of the comedy is sex jokes and slapstick, it's witty, but it's not like people won't get the jokes. They may, however, not find the jokes funny.


I don't think any of us long terms regulars could count the amount of disagreements/arguements as to what line/scene/episode is funny or not.
Christ; Ham Radio is one of the highest voted episodes, and some of the funniest moments are Roz having a numb mouth, Niles having multiple parts and the balloon popping incident at the end with Noel. My 4 year old nephew could understand and enjoy all these jokes.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

Postby me123 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Rob wrote:
Stratman wrote:Precisely. The show is far from being the smartest thing on TV, the vast majority of the comedy is sex jokes and slapstick, it's witty, but it's not like people won't get the jokes. They may, however, not find the jokes funny.


I don't think any of us long terms regulars could count the amount of disagreements/arguements as to what line/scene/episode is funny or not.
Christ; Ham Radio is one of the highest voted episodes, and some of the funniest moments are Roz having a numb mouth, Niles having multiple parts and the balloon popping incident at the end with Noel. My 4 year old nephew could understand and enjoy all these jokes.


Agreed: it's simple comedy handled very well. Some of the subtly might prive a barrier for some, though. I have found this. But that's more understanding based.
me123
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am

Postby domi_dot_com » Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 am

.
Last edited by domi_dot_com on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
5HRINK
User avatar
domi_dot_com
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am
Location: Australia

Postby Stratman » Tue May 22, 2007 9:48 am

Recentest is not a word!
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby ouroboros » Tue May 22, 2007 11:58 am

No but pedantic is :P Kidding, KIDDING!

I actually agree with the wannabee theory. I remeber when I was in high school liking Frasier was just 'sad'.

Shudder. What is it with teenagers and this obsession with being 'cool'. Mind you the teachers are the worst, I had one like you mentioned domni_dot_com, it's so tragic when grown adults can't escape high school politics.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
User avatar
ouroboros
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: London

Postby Rodge » Wed May 23, 2007 7:27 pm

ouroboros wrote:No but pedantic is :P Kidding, KIDDING!

I actually agree with the wannabee theory. I remeber when I was in high school liking Frasier was just 'sad'.

Shudder. What is it with teenagers and this obsession with being 'cool'. Mind you the teachers are the worst, I had one like you mentioned domni_dot_com, it's so tragic when grown adults can't escape high school politics.


Can't disagree with that. I'm certain that the liking of Frasier does not get you much "street cred", but when street cred, involves wearing stupid hoods, little bumfluff beards, swearing a lot, and driving your Mum's old Corsa with a glued on spoiler front and back, then I have no worries about not having street-cred :lol:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

Postby Nicholas » Thu May 24, 2007 10:17 am

13-18. I'm 13 and love the show and so does my brother who's 16.
Nicholas
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron

© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.