Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Relationship you wanted, but didn't happen

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Most wanted "Frasier" Relationship

Frasier + Daphne
14%
Martin + Daphne
No votes
Niles + Roz
23%
Martin + Roz
9%
Daphne + Roz
14%
None
41%

Total votes : 22

Relationship you wanted, but didn't happen

Postby me123 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:34 pm

This may seem obscure, but I was wondering if any Frasier relationships that didn't happen were wanted by any viewers here.

I have included heterosexual and homosexual relationships, but left out the incesteous ones. (Any "incest" ones that may appear are not taking place whilst they are family).

Although I have not seen any of these episodes, I believe Frasier and Roz do something together at some point, so I've left them out, but if I'm wrong, sorry.

I chose Frasier Daphne, because it would have horrified Niles so much. But it wouldn't have worked out anyway. They barely seemed like friends half the time! (Although, I'm sure they were if they lived together).
me123

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:46 pm

Frasier and Roz do indeed "do something" at some point but I always kind of wanted them to get together in the end. I know that's not a popular opinion and I do kind of like that they were able to remain very good friends after having slept together. I just kind of always liked the way they interacted with one another.

Anyway, I voted for none.

Daphne and Frasier would have been too hard on Niles.
Daphne and Martin would have been just too icky.
Martin and Roz just wouldn't be right.
Niles slept with Lilith so him sleeping with Roz too would have been weird.
And I am not into the girl on girl thing so Roz and Daphne never even entered my mind until somebody mentioned it.

One of the relationships I liked was the Roz and Bulldog one. I don't know why. (stated in my best Daphne voice)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby dorianblue » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 pm

Niles/Roz. Though we did get 'Decoys'. :D
dorianblue

Postby me123 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:50 pm

dorianblue wrote:Niles/Roz. Though we did get 'Decoys'. :D

If anything happened between them in that episode (romantically), I haven't seen it yet, so sorry.
me123

Postby Stratman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Daphne and Roz. Oh mama!
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Stratman wrote:Daphne and Roz. Oh mama!

Steady now! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:

I'm afraid I've got a little extra weight up front at the moment. The main sail is raised and I'm off keel...
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:41 pm

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I'm afraid I've got a little extra weight up front at the moment. The main sail is raised and I'm off keel...

LMAO! Men are amusing creatures!
CatNamedRudy

Frasier + Daphne

Postby Slayer13 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:58 pm

I think Frasier and Daphne would be interesting and easy to write because of there living situation and current relationship of good friends.
"If I see the morning hours, I'll have one more yesterday. A dateline from tommorow 'cause I burned up my today.
If I get up to the top I know, I'll just go back downhill. Got a terminal future and it's time to write my will." -Dave Mustaine
Slayer13

Postby me123 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 pm

Slayer13, this is off topic, but isn't "out with dad" from S7? I didn't remember seeing it, then checked up. (Thought I'd missed one :o )
me123

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:06 pm

i knew, as soon as I saw the options, where this thread was heading once Stratman 'popped up' :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Frasier/Daphne would be the most obvious one to have occurred - but i don't feel the show missed out with the lack of any of the above.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 am

I haven't voted, because (to be honest) I wouldn't have wanted any of those to happen really.
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:I haven't voted, because (to be honest) I wouldn't have wanted any of those to happen really.

There is an option for "none"
CatNamedRudy

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:03 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Frasier and Roz do indeed "do something" at some point but I always kind of wanted them to get together in the end. I know that's not a popular opinion and I do kind of like that they were able to remain very good friends after having slept together. I just kind of always liked the way they interacted with one another.

Anyway, I voted for none.

Daphne and Frasier would have been too hard on Niles.
Daphne and Martin would have been just too icky.
Martin and Roz just wouldn't be right.
Niles slept with Lilith so him sleeping with Roz too would have been weird.
And I am not into the girl on girl thing so Roz and Daphne never even entered my mind until somebody mentioned it.

One of the relationships I liked was the Roz and Bulldog one. I don't know why. (stated in my best Daphne voice)

I got to agree with you on every point you made. I also hoped/liked the idea of Frasier and Roz, so I voted none. Martin and Daphne, yeah icky.
Martin, Roz, still to icky. But basically all I need to say is "Dido," with CatNamedRudy.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby Rodge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:40 pm

I have to say, I'm somewhat suprised that there are any votes for Frasier and Daphne. There may not be a major difference in age, but to me that would be like School Teacher and student. Frasier is just too old (especially mentally) for Daphne. Too weird for words. I actually cringe during the episodes when Frasier is with an obviously younger woman - Honey Snow comes to mind.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:48 pm

Is Daphne supposed to be that much younger than Frasier?

Frasier says he's 41 in a 1993 episode - and I always assumed Daphne was in her early thirties in the beginning (late 20s at the very least.)

So while there is a big age difference, it's not one I find disturbing - but maybe that's because my Dad is 14 years older than my Mum.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Rob wrote:I have to say, I'm somewhat suprised that there are any votes for Frasier and Daphne. There may not be a major difference in age, but to me that would be like School Teacher and student. Frasier is just too old (especially mentally) for Daphne. Too weird for words. I actually cringe during the episodes when Frasier is with an obviously younger woman - Honey Snow comes to mind.

Older men and younger women........happens all the time. And Kelsey Grammer and Jane Leeves are only 6 years apart (as are Kelsey Grammer and Peri Gilpin). And Shannon Tweed (Honey Snow) and Kelsey are only 2 years apart!

I just never thought about Frasier and Daphne as couple. For me it has nothing to do with age, either physically or emotionaly/mentally. Frasier and Daphne just never seemed to "click" for me in that way.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 pm

Rob wrote:I have to say, I'm somewhat suprised that there are any votes for Frasier and Daphne. There may not be a major difference in age, but to me that would be like School Teacher and student. Frasier is just too old (especially mentally) for Daphne. Too weird for words. I actually cringe during the episodes when Frasier is with an obviously younger woman - Honey Snow comes to mind.

That's a weird thing to think, if you accept Niles and Daphne as not being weird, isn't it?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:18 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:For me it has nothing to do with age, either physically or emotionaly/mentally. Frasier and Daphne just never seemed to "click" for me in that way.

I know they are not that different in age and I am not worried about the "age" thing so to speak - it's hard to explain. It's just the thought of Frasier; a 40+ year old man going on 60, who, if honest is pretty much an old codger before his time becoming physical with someone so full of life and yet to become a mature adult, just does not sit well with me. In fact I find the thought of Martin and Daphne less disturbing than Frasier and Daphne. At least Martin had some "life" about him. Maybe it's because Frasier reminds me of an old history teacher!!
Where as Roz and Frasier, doesn't worry me so much because she is much less "naive" and basically sleeps with anyone old or 'new' :wink:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:21 pm

Rob wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:For me it has nothing to do with age, either physically or emotionaly/mentally. Frasier and Daphne just never seemed to "click" for me in that way.

I know they are not that different in age and I am not worried about the "age" thing so to speak - it's hard to explain. It's just the thought of Frasier; a 40+ year old man going on 60, who, if honest is pretty much an old codger before his time becoming physical with someone so full of life and yet to become a mature adult, just does not sit well with me. In fact I find the thought of Martin and Daphne less disturbing than Frasier and Daphne. At least Martin had some "life" about him. Maybe it's because Frasier reminds me of an old history teacher!!
Where as Roz and Frasier, doesn't worry me so much because she is much less "naive" and basically sleeps with anyone old or 'new' :wink:

Hmm.....maybe I just never viewed Frasier as being old. Maybe it's because I think Kelsey is hot and I would do him in a minute!!!!! :D

But the thought of Daphne and Martin......now THAT just gives me the heebie jeebies! That would be like Daphne sleeping with her dad!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Rob wrote:At least Martin had some "life" about him.

I think Frasier had some life about him too. I don't think he was an old codger, it's just hhe wasn't your stereotypical guy in his 40s either.

Did anyone want Gertrude and Martin? Or Martin and Cora Winston?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I think Frasier had some life about him too. I don't think he was an old codger, it's just hhe wasn't your stereotypical guy in his 40s either.

I really wish they would have gone further with the Martin and Cora Winston storyline. The Love You Fake is a great episode and Cora makes one more appearance but they never went anywhere with it.

Not Gertrude and Martin though. Gertrude was just annoying and she hung around much longer than she should have!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:07 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I really wish they would have gone further with the Martin and Cora Winston storyline. The Love You Fake is a great episode and Cora makes one more appearance but they never went anywhere with it.

Not Gertrude and Martin though. Gertrude was just annoying and she hung around much longer than she should have!

God, I couldn't magine anything worse than more episodes of Gertrude - Thankfully Martin was a sensible guy, and hated her too :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:God, I couldn't magine anything worse than more episodes of Gertrude - Thankfully Martin was a sensible guy, and hated her too :)

I don't think he actually hated her. In some episodes, he seemed quite fond of her.

I thought she was quite a funny character.

Bee Gees Fan

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes