Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

FAVOURITE SEASON 4 EPISODE - VOTE

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Favourite Season 4 Episode

Poll ended at Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 pm

The Two Mrs Cranes
14%
Love Bites Dog
No votes
The Impossible Dream
No votes
A Crane's Critique
No votes
Head Game
No votes
Mixed Doubles
No votes
A Lilith Thanksgiving
No votes
Our Father Whose Art Ain't Heaven
No votes
Dad Loves Sherry, The Boys Just Whine
7%
Liar, Liar!
No votes
Three Days Of The Condo
No votes
Death And The Dog
7%
Four For The Seesaw
7%
Roz's Krantz & Gouldenstein Are Dead
No votes
The Unnatural
No votes
Roz's Turn
No votes
Ham Radio
43%
Three Dates And A Breakup
7%
Daphne Hates Sherry
No votes
Are You Being Served?
14%
Ask Me No Questions
No votes
Odd Man Out
No votes

Total votes : 14

FAVOURITE SEASON 4 EPISODE - VOTE

Postby Nervosa » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:07 pm

So far...

Season One: Travels With Martin
Season Two: Daphne's Room
Season Three: Moon Dance

I think Season four marks the end of the "predictable" results (I'm sure we know which four epsiodes will come up trumps here).

Well, happy voting!
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Nervosa » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Four For The Seesaw for me. I really enjoy this episode. I think I've seen the more popular ones of this season too many times, so this gets my vote.

(My seperate award for most clever episode title this season goes to Dad Loves Sherry The Boys Just Whine, which is a stroke of genius.)
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:29 pm

I'm going to have to think about it.

Should I be predictable and go for Ham Radio? Should I go for the wonderful opening farcical episode? Should I go for the pathos-laiden masterpiece Mixed Doubles? The hour long Three Dates and a Breakup? Or the underappreciated Death and the Dog, which showcases all the cast brilliantly?

It's the best season in the show's history, and I'm simply spoilt for choice.
Cake for Brains

Postby DHP » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:42 pm

I don't think people should be put off voting for any episode if it's seen as predictable or going with the flow. If an episode is the best, it's the best. It shouldn't be more complicated than that. On those grounds, my vote went with Ham Radio. As much as I love The Two Mrs Cranes and many other excellent episodes in this season, Ham Radio is simply the best as it's nothing short of hilarious. It's also the most accessible for non-regular viewers or people who ordinarily dislike the show. Easily the best of the entire run, as has been proven MANY times in MANY polls on this site.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:58 pm

It's funny, because I've found the longer I've been watching the show, and the more times I watch the episodes, the harder I find it to choose between/seperate them. I literally do not know what my favourite episode is any more!
Cake for Brains

Postby yay_boredom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:54 pm

I couldn't decide between "The Two Ms. Cranes", "Ham Radio", "Daphne Hates Sherry" etc. etc.

But I went with Ham Radio, because I revisit it the most often.
yay_boredom

Postby Wezzo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:41 pm

Ham Radio. :)

But "The Two Mrs. Cranes" is exceedingly close.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:57 pm

I voted for Ham Radio.

But in case it doesn't win, I shall put off becoming an episode until the poll is over and we have a winner. Then I shall be the winning episode.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sherry » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Death and the Dog for me.

The first time I saw it I cried with laughter, real tears, my cheeks ached - for nearly the whole half hour! I can remember it all so vividly.

Doggy Dr: If Eddie were a person what would his first words be?
Frasier: Pass the breath mints, I hope!

Doggy Dr: What cologne would Eddie use if he were a human?
Frasier: Eau de Toilette, put that down for favourite drink aswell!

absolutely brilliant piece with the Doggy Dr and the Crane boys being facetious and Martin taking it all so seriously, with Daphne's "I don't know why" repeated line ... very very funny!
How can men use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want!
Sherry

Postby me123 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 pm

Well, although I know that Ham Radio will win, I just love "The Two Mrs. Cranes". I just live the way Niles pops in "Frasier is impotent!" in the middle of Roz and Daphne's argument; almost as though he is proud of it :D . Great acting, DHP!
me123

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:23 am

me123 wrote:Well, although I know that Ham Radio will win

There's a chance that it might not. Which is why I am waiting until the poll officially closes and the winner is announced before I become an episode.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:56 am

I had to go with "The two Mrs Cranes" despite the vast choice of outstanding episodes.

Niles: there there dear it's not all your fault, after all my brother is impotent!
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Stratman » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:07 pm

I went with Three Dates And A Breakup.
Stratman

Re: FAVOURITE SEASON 4 EPISODE - VOTE

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Nervosa wrote:So far...

Season One: Travels With Martin
Season Two: Daphne's Room
Season Three: Moon Dance

I think Season four marks the end of the "predictable" results (I'm sure we know which four epsiodes will come up trumps here).

Well, happy voting!

I think season 4 is always the most predictable (Ham Radio tends to win any poll in which it's put forward) but seasons 1-3 tend to throw up different results every year. In years gone by My Coffee With Niles has won S1; The Matchmaker has won S2 and Look Before You Leap has won S3.

My vote went to Dad Loves Sherry, The Boys Just Whine. I tend to veer between this and Three Dates and a Breakup which is another marvellous episode but possibly the shorter runtime of DLSTBJW makes for a zippier (is that a word?) viewing experience, so I went with that.

We are spoilt for choice this season of course! :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:30 pm

Still haven't voted. Just can't decide.

Do people find it easier or harder to distinguish between favourite episodes after they've been into the show for a long time. These days, I'm finding it harder and harder to seperate certain episodes in terms of quality. I literally have no idea what my favourite episode is any more.

Or do people find it easier to pick favourite episodes after seeing them so many times? Any thoughts?
Cake for Brains

Postby dorianblue » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:55 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Still haven't voted. Just can't decide.

Do people find it easier or harder to distinguish between favourite episodes after they've been into the show for a long time. These days, I'm finding it harder and harder to seperate certain episodes in terms of quality. I literally have no idea what my favourite episode is any more.

Or do people find it easier to pick favourite episodes after seeing them so many times? Any thoughts?

I think sometimes it's impossible to pick a definitive favourite. My favourite now ('Are You Being Served') wasn't my favourite after my first viewing of S4 (that would've been 'Mixed Doubles' or 'Ham Radio'). Over time I tend to develop pet episodes, but eventually I get sick of them and rediscover some other ep. I'm fickle that way. :D
dorianblue

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:04 am

dorianblue wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Still haven't voted. Just can't decide.

I think sometimes it's impossible to pick a definitive favourite. My favourite now ('Are You Being Served') wasn't my favourite after my first viewing of S4 (that would've been 'Mixed Doubles' or 'Ham Radio'). Over time I tend to develop pet episodes, but eventually I get sick of them and rediscover some other ep. I'm fickle that way. :D

That's true. I change my mind quite a bit. I do think the more times you watch them the better qualified you are to give an opinion of how good they are. Often the initial impact of an episode can mask its faults. For example I was exhilarated when I watched SBSB on transmission but I hardly tend to re-visit that episode at all now because it's just not funny enough. It took me about 10 viewings to come to that conclusion though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:19 am

Absolutely - I feel much more qualified to give opinions on episodes now I've seen them countless times. I was definitely very uncritical when I first watched most episodes, my shoddy early reviews are enthusiastic ramblings. For example, I loved episodes such as 'The Placeholder', 'I'm Listening', 'First, Do Me No Harm' to name but a few. I was far too critical perhaps when I first watched Season 8.

I remember Ali telling me that my opinions would come to change over time - and he was right. He was right about me being more impressed with Season 2 on repeated viewings
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:27 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Absolutely - I feel much more qualified to give opinions on episodes now I've seen them countless times. I was definitely very uncritical when I first watched most episodes, my shoddy early reviews are enthusiastic ramblings. For example, I loved episodes such as 'The Placeholder', 'I'm Listening', 'First, Do Me No Harm' to name but a few. I was far too critical perhaps when I first watched Season 8.

I remember Ali telling me that my opinions would come to change over time - and he was right. He was right about me being more impressed with Season 2 on repeated viewings

:lol: Don't put yourself down mate; I always enjoyed reading them. It's lovely to read a review which isn't tainted with some degree of cynicism.

Yep, Ali knew his stuff. I think of him whenever season 6 is discussed. He would be mortified at the love that now gets.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:35 am

Yep, Ali knew his stuff. I think of him whenever season 6 is discussed. He would be mortified at the love that now gets.

It's been almost a year since Ali last posted here, so you never know - he might have changed his mind. :D
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:03 am

Cake for Brains wrote:

It's been almost a year since Ali last posted here, so you never know - he might have changed his mind. :D

The devil would require a nifty set of ski boots before that happened!

Yep, Feb '06 was the last time Ali posted regulalrly although I think he made a couple of posts in April as well.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:13 am

Beer Necessity wrote: It's lovely to read a review which isn't tainted with some degree of cynicism.

Yes. I don't like cynicism. It's negative and it's distrusting. If we were free of cynicism, we'd be much more trusting of our neighbour and we'd be happy, positive people, like Big Bird. Bird Bird isn't cynical.

Ali's last post was 5th April 2006, Meg's 17th birthday and, I believe DHP's 22nd.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:03 pm

My opinions don't often change all that much, I have to say; although I suppose some of the weaker farce episodes fare worse on repeat viewing.
Wezzo

Postby roz11 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Ham Radio. A predictible choice, but a fabulous episode.
roz11

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:56 pm

my favorite episode in season 4 has got to be Daphne hates sherry.
the chemistry between Niles and Daphne is hilarious, as the acting is great, and Niles' realisation at the end completed the perfect package that is one of my favorite frasier episodes.

just to prove how good it is, I made my mum watch it, and she only watches my favorite 2 episodes now and again. (the other one for season 4 was the two mrs Cranes)
insaneasperger

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes