Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

FRASIER VS CHEERS POLL

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which is better: Cheers OR Frasier?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Cheers
7%
Frasier
93%

Total votes : 30

FRASIER VS CHEERS POLL

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:02 pm

:arrow: Many claim that Cheers is better, but many say the converse that Frasier is better. What do you think?

:arrow: This poll will Run for 1 YEAR :!:

:arrow: PERHAPS YOU COULD STATE WHY.

:D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 pm

Frasier; I love Cheers, but Frasier wins out in every department: writing, acting, even direction.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:05 pm

Thats a nice and healthy perspective
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Frasier is my favourite sitcom of all time, so it gets my vote in this poll.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Ghost_862 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Frasier is better than Cheers because the characters are better-developed and more well-rounded - they have more plausible relationships and friendships with each other. They're more lovable. The Cheers characters tended to be a bit one-dimensional and simplistic. Also, in Frasier there is less emphasis on goofy humour and more emphasis on subtlety and wit.
Last edited by Ghost_862 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost_862

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:48 pm

WOW! Cheers is taking a battering!

FRASIER IS MUCH BETTER THAN CHEERS BECAUSE IT IS:

:arrow: WITTIER
:arrow: MORE INTERESTING
:arrow: MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPING
:arrow: MORE LOVABLE

RIGHT ON VOTERS!!

SPREAD THE WORD![/u]
Frasier

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:26 am

This being a Frasier forum, it's obvious what the results are going to be. Put this poll on a Cheers forum and you'll get the opposite result. Besides that, I think Frasier is a far more witty/funny show.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

AH But would you?

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:31 am

AH But would you?

Sure you would have Cheers being the winner on a cheers site, but will it be as significant as the frasier vote on frasier.

I already had people asking me to put an equal vote.

In any case, this is great. CARRY ON
Frasier

Postby Sherry » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:28 am

sorry mate, but I refuse to vote - Cheers was (imo) an seminal comedy show - it will AWAYS have a place in my heart for being there before Frasier and for spawning Frasier.
How can men use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want!
Sherry

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:00 am

I voted for Frasier, although I think Cheers is excellent - it's in my Top 5 shows.

I'm not sure why I slightly prefer Frasier - maybe it's just simply because I was a fan of Frasier before I became a fan of Cheers. (I know that's not a proper reason, but I can't think of anything else.)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:45 am

Sherry wrote:sorry mate, but I refuse to vote - Cheers was (imo) an seminal comedy show - it will AWAYS have a place in my heart for being there before Frasier and for spawning Frasier.

Why dont you vote cheers then?
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:00 pm

I don't think you'll have any worries securing a result for Frasier on a Frasier forum mate!

Yep, Frasier for me too, although I have great respect for Cheers as one of the all-time greats of US sitcom.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:09 pm

I had no doubts that Frasier would be the winner. But I bet if the same poll was put up on a cheers site, some people would vote for frasier too.
Frasier

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:12 pm

The best place would be a site dedicated to sitcoms in general.
Stratman

Postby roz11 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:02 pm

Frasier. Cheers was good but there are loads of other shows I prefer like The Golden Girls and Home Improvement.
roz11

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:06 pm

roz11 wrote:Frasier. Cheers was good but there are loads of other shows I prefer like The Golden Girls and Home Improvement.

You really think that golden girls and home improvement are better than frasier? If so, why? :D
Frasier

Postby T-Bag » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:26 pm

I have to say that Frasier is much better than Cheers!!! It's overall content is far better than cheers.

Not mocking Cheers in anyway but there's only so much you can do with a few regulars sitting at a bar. And lets face it.. did anyone else want to smack Ted Danson???

At least with Frasier you see life outside the apartment...

I think they should have made Norm and Cliff gay.. now that would have been comedy.
Daphne - "Dr Crane the fires burning out"
Niles - "No it's burning with the heat of a thousand suns!!"
T-Bag

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:39 pm

Frasier wrote:
roz11 wrote:Frasier. Cheers was good but there are loads of other shows I prefer like The Golden Girls and Home Improvement.

You really think that golden girls and home improvement are better than frasier? If so, why? :D

As I understand it, roz11 was saying she preferred those to Cheers, not Frasier.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:26 pm

Ah yes. My oversight.

Nevertheless I think the general consensus here is that cheers is okay, but Frasier is SOO much better. Woud everyone agree?
Frasier

Postby roz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Frasier wrote:Ah yes. My oversight.

Nevertheless I think the general consensus here is that cheers is okay, but Frasier is SOO much better. Woud everyone agree?

Completely. Cheers and Frasier are very different though, making them hard to compare in my opinion.
roz11

Postby Nervosa » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:18 pm

roz11 wrote:
Frasier wrote:Ah yes. My oversight.

Completely. Cheers and Frasier are very different though, making them hard to compare in my opinion.

Yeah, the only similarity is Frasier (the character) really.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Amber » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:33 am

To me it's like asking me to compare listening to music with watching TV, I don't consider them remotely the same thing so I don't even try to compare them.

I would probably say Frasier, but I haven't really seen all that much Cheers, so it's really unfair for me to vote for a series which I've seen pretty much every episode over one I haven't even given a shot.

So, that is why I'm not voting 8-)
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:38 am

Nervosa wrote:Yeah, the only similarity is Frasier (the character) really.

That's true - and even he wasn't too similar when you compare the shows! I think even Kelsey described Frasier Frasier as a different character to the Cheers Frasier.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Nervosa wrote:Yeah, the only similarity is Frasier (the character) really.

That's true - and even he wasn't too similar when you compare the shows! I think even Kelsey described Frasier Frasier as a different character to the Cheers Frasier.

He did indeed.

BTW, I watched an episode of cheers the other day about Woody in a commercial where he played a bartender trying a new drink. In it, Frasier uses hypnosis (in another room) - I don't recall him using hyponosis in Frasier.

Moreover, the character is vastly different- and so, btw, is Lillith - very different.
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Incidently, why doesn't the total vote percentage not add up 100%?
Frasier

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes