Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN THE FRASIER FAMILY! VOTE!

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN THE FRASIER FAMILY?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Frasier Crane
32%
Niles Crane
59%
Martin Crane
6%
Daphe Moon/Crane
No votes
Roz Doyle
No votes
Eddie
3%

Total votes : 34

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:45 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:It's great to see Frasier getting the respect he deserves.

I can't help thinking the result would be much different at FM!

You'll attract the two headed hyde-ra is your're not careful.

Which one of the Guttergirls is the two headed hyde-ra?! :lol:

You expect me to name names? I'd rather be blacklisted. Oh wait, I already am. :lol:
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:59 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Not one, but two...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:01 pm

Stratman wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

You expect me to name names? I'd rather be blacklisted. Oh wait, I already am. :lol:

:lol:

I don't think I've said anything offensive though, I'm just stating the fact that DHP is more revered there and KG is more revered here.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby roz11 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Niles definitely.
roz11

Postby Trixxie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Niles. :lol:
Niles: I specifically asked for just a whisper of cinnamon and he's given me a full throated shout! There are countries in the world that would chop off his sprinkling hand!
Frasier: You know, I'd forgotten what a strange little person you are.
Trixxie

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:55 pm

Wow! I am amazed that Niles has surpassed Frasier!
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby me123 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Niles has so many good one liners, great storylines and is portrayed excellantly as a snob by DHP - he has to get my vote.
me123

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

Niles has so many good one liners, great storylines and is portrayed excellantly as a snob by DHP - he has to get my vote.

Niles has got great one-liners, but I think that there are many hilarious times where Niles is the victim of the sharp sarcasm of frasier.

EG:
Frasier: Oh, well, it turns out the station manager won't be
renegotiating the contracts himself. Apparently he's brought
in one of these hired guns stations use to reduce costs.
Some fellow nicknamed "The Hammer."
Niles: [examining flowers] I'm assuming they call him "The Hammer"
because he's tough.
Frasier: No, Niles, because he loves the lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein
!

There are many other instances like this -I love it!

I want Frasier to win :idea:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:57 pm

I notice, rather suprisingly, that nobody has voted for Daphne, Roz or Eddie. Are they really beyond compare to Frasier and Niles?
Frasier

Postby me123 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:13 am

Daphne's my second favourite character - perhaps we could start a vote for second favouite? :lol:
me123

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:21 am

me123 wrote:Daphne's my second favourite character - perhaps we could start a vote for second favouite? :lol:

Your full of great ideas me123! Could we do it after the 30 day poll though? If thats ok with you? :D
Frasier

Postby me123 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:04 am

Bien sur!
me123

Postby Frasier » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 am

We've got to get more than 25 votes! Common people, please vote.

I really hope Frasier catches up. :D
Frasier

Postby Amber » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 am

Niles. Come on, you can't beat Niles! :D

Second favorite...Eddie or Martin *ponders*
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Postby Leanne » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:11 pm

A large reason I prefer Frasier to Niles is that he can carry scenes and even episodes on his own. Niles tends to need someone to play off - whether that's Frasier or Daphne (and in the early seasons Frasier's character was needed to make a snide comment after Niles' lusting, otherwise it wouldn't have been as funny). Apart from the wonderful coupling with Mel, we don't often see Niles with a guest character alone whereas Frasier/KG is completely comfortable playing against anyone. See Season 4's 'Head Game' for an example, no KG and the whole episode seems 'off'. Frasier just isn't Frasier without Frasier!
Leanne

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:42 am

Leanne wrote:Frasier just isn't Frasier without Frasier!

Perfectly summed up! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:43 am

Oh, and good point about Head Game too, although I think there was some hasty re-writing for that one after KG's unexpected 'absence'...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Leanne » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:06 am

Beer Necessity wrote:Oh, and good point about Head Game too, although I think there was some hasty re-writing for that one after KG's unexpected 'absence'...

Yes, considering what they had to work around they did a very good job, and despite the difficulties it seems to be considered a fine episode - I think I'm one of a minority that has an aversion to it! Still, I do think it displays who the stronger character (and actor) in Frasier is.

I think 'third favourite Frasier character' would be an interesting question, because it's doubtful anyone other than Frasier or Niles would win the two top places.
Leanne

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:25 am

Leanne wrote:Yes, considering what they had to work around they did a very good job, and despite the difficulties it seems to be considered a fine episode - I think I'm one of a minority that has an aversion to it! Still, I do think it displays who the stronger character (and actor) in Frasier is.

I dunno - I think it's generally poorly regarded, I was just making the point about it possibly being down to the re-writing than DHP's acting. Stu gives it a pretty poor review.

Leanne wrote:I think 'third favourite Frasier character' would be an interesting question, because it's doubtful anyone other than Frasier or Niles would win the two top places.

You're right - get that poll going! I'm a Martin man.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:35 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Leanne wrote:I think 'third favourite Frasier character' would be an interesting question, because it's doubtful anyone other than Frasier or Niles would win the two top places.

You're right - get that poll going! I'm a Martin man.

I agree, I think that would be an excellent post. It'll be close one between Daphne and Martin, But We'll see :D
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Leanne wrote:A large reason I prefer Frasier to Niles is that he can carry scenes and even episodes on his own. Niles tends to need someone to play off - whether that's Frasier or Daphne (and in the early seasons Frasier's character was needed to make a snide comment after Niles' lusting, otherwise it wouldn't have been as funny). Apart from the wonderful coupling with Mel, we don't often see Niles with a guest character alone whereas Frasier/KG is completely comfortable playing against anyone. See Season 4's 'Head Game' for an example, no KG and the whole episode seems 'off'. Frasier just isn't Frasier without Frasier!

I suppose thats true. But the sequence in Three Valentines where Niles keeps on fainting was an independent one. (Although Eddie was there) :lol:
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:25 am

I've only just noticed how far in front Niles is! Has this thread been linked to Frasier Mania? :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:43 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I've only just noticed how far in front Niles is! Has this thread been linked to Frasier Mania? :lol:

I hope not :lol: I was rather hoping that Frasier would win!
Frasier

Postby dorianblue » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:37 am

Leanne wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Oh, and good point about Head Game too, although I think there was some hasty re-writing for that one after KG's unexpected 'absence'...

Yes, considering what they had to work around they did a very good job, and despite the difficulties it seems to be considered a fine episode - I think I'm one of a minority that has an aversion to it! Still, I do think it displays who the stronger character (and actor) in Frasier is.

The thing about 'Head Game' is that Frasier is in only one scene, at the very start, and has hardly any bearing on the plot. There are hardly any Frasier episodes (if any) where Niles appears in only one short scene and has hardly any bearing on the plot. KG and DHP help each other greatly, so I don't think it's fair to dismiss Niles/DHP as a lead on the basis of 'Head Game', when his other artistic half was largely absent. :wink:

Anyway, I went for Niles. Of all the characters, he just has the most epic story over the 11 years. He's not especially likeable a lot of the time, yet DHP makes him likeable. And there are just so many fun buttons to push with Niles. :D
dorianblue

Postby dorianblue » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:48 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Leanne wrote:Frasier just isn't Frasier without Frasier!

Perfectly summed up! :lol:

Oh, come now. I'm pretty sure Frasier wouldn't want to win by default!
dorianblue

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes