Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Frasier Writer

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Frasier Writer

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Please read my other thread 'Frasier Forum Awards - The Rules' in order to know all about the voting process.

Don't worry - I haven't forgotten the 'Best Moments' thread for Roz, but I felt like doing some different today. Even though I think these polls are gradually dying a slow death, let's try a new round of nominations. I should also apologise because its been quite a while since the last 'Forum Awards' thread.

I am going to ask everyone to nominate their Top 5 Frasier writers - who do you think was the most responsible for writing the best 'Frasier' episodes As you surely know by now the writers with the most nominations will make the eventual shortlist and contend for the ultimate award. The 5 nominees with the most votes will make the shortlist for the award, and when the final shortlist is published, you will have another chance to vote in this category.

Here are some options:
* David Angell/Peter Casey/David Lee
* Chuck Ramberg/Anne Flett-Giordano
* Christopher Lloyd
* David Lloyd
* Joe Keenan
* Rob Greenberg
* Linda Morris/Vic Raueso
* Jeffrey Richman
* Suzanne Martin
* Bob Daily
* Jon Sherman

BEST FRASIER WRITER:
1) Christopher Lloyd (High Holidays, Mixed Doubles, Shrink Rap, Perspectibves on Christmas) The second most prolific member on the writing staff could always be relied upon to deliver a clever and witty episode.
2) Joe Keenan (his gay-farces, Dad Loves Sherry, his Bebe episodes, The Two Mrs Cranes) 'Frasier' wouldn't have been the same without this grade A scriptwriter.
3) David Lloyd (Ham Radio, Maris Counsellor, Innkeepers, Martin Does It His Way) He wasn't as consistent as the first two on my list, but when he was on form, 'Frasier' was never better.
4) Chuck Ramberg/Anne Flett-Giordano (Give Him the Chair, Look Before You Leap, Daphne Hates Sherry, An Affair to Forget) Its taken me some time to appreciate this double act, but I think they wrote some absolute blinders.
5) Jeffrey Richman (Dinner Party, Voyage of the Damned, Boo) Not an obvious choice, but he wrote my favourite episode.

Feel terrible for neglecting Rob Greenberg (Three Dates, Dial M for Martin and Chess Pains) and Linda Morris/Vic Raueso (Daphne's Room, Travels with Martin)

Now please vote for your Top 5 writers, and I think you'll agree this poll is actually really difficult.. Think carefully about the writers you nominate, and let's hope your choicees make the eventual shortlist. Get voting! Thanks.

I'I'll hopefully start a new poll on Monday.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Cake For Brains wrote:Feel terrible for neglecting Rob Greenberg

Don't worry - I won't be!

My five:-

1) Joe Keenan - By a country mile, he produced by far the greatest number of classics of any Frasier author.

2) Rob Greenberg - Not only wrote my favourite ep; but many others classics which feature high on my list like Three Dates.. ; Frasier's Imaginary Friend; Chess Pains and The Perfect Guy.

3) David Lloyd - Apart from his list of many classic episodes he was also responsible for bringing Joe Keenan on to the staff. He was obviously responsible for Chris' involvement too!

4) Chuck Ramberg/Anne Flett-Giordano - wrote an entire quarter of season 1, not to mention many a season 2 to 4 classic.

5) Jon Sherman - I know I really should have Chris Lloyd in this spot as his contribution to the show as a whole was far greater. I just have a soft spot for JS - he held the show together during the lean years with some outstanding episodes.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:19 am

1. Joe Keenan
2. Christopher Lloyd
3. David Lloyd
4. Rob Greenberg
5. David Angell/Peter Casey/David Lee
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:23 am

Wezzo wrote:1. Joe Keenan
2. Christopher Lloyd
3. David Lloyd
4. Rob Greenberg

Same for me. Only swap positions 4 and 5 around.
Nervosa

Postby !Amz! » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:54 pm

Wezzo wrote:1. Joe Keenan
2. Christopher Lloyd
3. David Lloyd
4. Rob Greenberg

I agree with Wezzo. My list's the same.
!Amz!

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:10 pm

1. Rob Greenberg
2. Christopher Lloyd
3. Ann Flett Giordano/Chuck Ranberg
4. Joe Keenan
5. Bob Daily
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Stratman wrote:1. Rob Greenberg
2. Christopher Lloyd
3. Ann Flett Giordano/Chuck Ranberg
4. Joe Keenan
5. Bob Daily

A rare JK concession from you Strat! I had a feeling you might stick Dan O'Shannon in your list - was was responsible for season 8-10's more thoughtful episodes (including co-writing the episode we have a mutual respect for - Rooms With a View)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm

1: Bee Gees Fan

2: Bee Gees Fan

3: Bee Gees Fan

4: Bee Gees Fan

5: Bee Gees Fan

Okay...I'll do a proper one...

In no particular order...

* Christopher Lloyd
* Joe Keenan
* David Lloyd
* Chuck Ranberg/Anne Flett-Giordano
* Linda Morris/Vic Raueso

I was the best, though, hands-down.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 pm

That is a very difficuly question!

I can't decide. Nevertheless, I think equal credit is due to them all. After all, it is classic American style to do things collectively. Thus the scripts for Frasier should be assesed collectively because I think that the writers took on each others ideas too. They bounced ideas of each other, and through working together developed a general Frasier feel for their episodes. Its enough to make a person think that it could possibly have been written by one person.
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Some of the poll's may have been and gone, but if you wanted to vote on the 'Nominations' threads it would be greatly appreciated.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:28 pm

Will do :)
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes